PDA

View Full Version : what a weekend for sports!

cheeses_h_rice
10-28-2001, 09:29 PM
Spent the weekend in L.A. with my girlfriend, so I was pretty out of it, sports-wise. I did see the bee-yootiful ESPN highlights of last night's 9-1 spanking of the Spanks (gotta love it to see guys like Justice f*cking up) at the hotel, and I just now got home to find out the Bears came back from a huge deficit (down 12 before my plane left) to win AND the D-backs are handling the Yanks yet again and will probably go up 2-0 tonight.

Fingers crossed on this, but I really, really, really, really hope this is the year the Yankees lose in the World Series. I don't wanna jinx it, but it's looking pretty good at this stage.

Any Sox news the past few days?

Jerry_Manuel
10-28-2001, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Any Sox news the past few days?

This was on the Sox email list:
*Rumor from the Sun-Times has the Sox thinking about signing Justice this
winter. He’ll replace Lee in left, and says that Lee will probably gettraded. Signing him for his veteran leadership. Whatever.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/justice/cst-901.html
Just great, as if we couldn’t find a worse left fielder.

The link doesn't work, so I have no idea what to believe.

cheeses_h_rice
10-28-2001, 10:00 PM
Ugh. Justice on the Sox? What did he hit this year -- .240? No thanks, I'll keep Carlos's .270 or whatever he hit this year. At least Carlos has a future.

2-0 D-backs. Lookin' good!

Bmr31
10-28-2001, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

This was on the Sox email list:
*Rumor from the Sun-Times has the Sox thinking about signing Justice this
winter. He’ll replace Lee in left, and says that Lee will probably gettraded. Signing him for his veteran leadership. Whatever.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/justice/cst-901.html
Just great, as if we couldn’t find a worse left fielder.

The link doesn't work, so I have no idea what to believe.

geez that would be so stupid.........

Chisox_cali
10-28-2001, 10:04 PM
If Lee is traded I'd rather see Borchard than Justice

WinningUgly!
10-28-2001, 10:35 PM
Justice is a butcher in the OF! I know we need another lefthanded bat in the lineup, but c'mon Justice's productive years said bye bye to him a long time ago!

:harold
Are you guys forgetting about me?
I think I can find my glove before spring training.