PDA

View Full Version : Scout Seat Attendance??

GiveMeSox
03-04-2005, 06:53 PM
I think possibly the worst thing that could happen is after this big rennovation and push for the scout seats and getting rid of the umpires tunnel that these seats turn up unused. My question is does anyone know how well the sale of the scouts seats is to date. Are they sold out, are they empty? If anyone has any information on how well they are selling that would be great. I know we are all looking foward to giving our stadium a better look an TV, and the new scout seat area is going to paint a pretty big picture on TV!!

SOX ADDICT '73
03-04-2005, 07:05 PM
I was wondering about this too. I think the scout seats are only available with season ticket packages. Am I right? If so, then the only way a poor schmoe like me is ever going to sit there is if a season ticket holder invites me, or posts his/her tickets on Stub Hub or eBay at a reasonable price.

You're right about it looking rather pathetic on TV if those seats are empty. The Sox must be pretty sure they can sell the season ticket packages, or else why would they do it that way?:dunno:

itsnotrequired
03-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Check it out...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/premium/scout.jsp

You can't buy single game seats. I have no idea how well they are selling.

Rocklive99
03-04-2005, 07:25 PM
13K a seat, yikes, God bless if you can afford that lol because I sure can't. Yeah, when I first heard about it I thought they'd be also be available as single game tix like the club level, and maybe for a birthday present or something someone can go all out. :(:

UofCSoxFan
03-04-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm sure the sox brass has taken all this into account. After all they are in fact good businessmen (possibly not the best baseball guys, but good businessmen). The price for these seats wasn't selected arbitrarily I assure you, but was picked to optimalize revenue. I'm thinking the target audience for these seats is corporate clients. Major companies can afford the 13k easily and will use them to entertain clients. This season ticket purchasing is much like skyboxs and I assume they have a similar target audience.

The Racehorse
03-04-2005, 07:43 PM
13K a seat, yikes

:?:

I don't get it. Do they really think those seats will sell, let alone sell out, for all 81 games. Who's going to buy them, Paris Hilton and her all-floozie entourage? I guess I'm just a small-minded rube.

voodoochile
03-04-2005, 07:53 PM
:?:

I don't get it. Do they really think those seats will sell, let alone sell out, for all 81 games. Who's going to buy them, Paris Hilton and her all-floozie entourage? I guess I'm just a small-minded rube.

Companies will buy them just like they buy skybox seats to impress customers and to hand out as perks to top salespeople and VIP's.

Certainly there are enough rich people in Chicago who can afford 52K a year for 4 box seats right behind home too.

I am sure they will release some of the seats DOG too for reduced prices if they don't sell out, but they aren't going to start offering them until they absolutely need to.

If there are only a few seats unsold at season start, the Sox might even turn them into goodwill things for politicians, corporate execs, player families and even the occasional "top student" or other worthy person.

Will they sell out? I don't know, but they will in years to come that's for sure.

Fake Chet Lemon
03-04-2005, 09:59 PM
The key isn't selling them out. It's increasing the revenues that area of the park generates. They WILL increase revenues, even if they have to give away some seats to sponsors to make them look sold-out.

voodoochile
03-04-2005, 10:12 PM
The key isn't selling them out. It's increasing the revenues that area of the park generates. They WILL increase revenues, even if they have to give away some seats to sponsors to make them look sold-out.

This is an excellent point. This is all marginal increases because these seats didn't even exist before. In addition the price is 4 times the price of regular box seats (roughly) so each ticket sold is the equivalent to a family of four paying for seats (prior to other concession - but again, that will probably be offset by the idea that any individiual who can afford those seats can also afford to buy whatever they want at the game).

zach074
03-04-2005, 10:17 PM
If I rich i would much rather buy season tickets there than waste my money on jewelry or something like that.

C-Dawg
03-05-2005, 06:04 PM
If I rich i would much rather buy season tickets there than waste my money on jewelry or something like that.

Heh heh, me too!

Anyway, I don't know what would look worse on TV - the dark and empty umpires tunnel we've had since 1991, or a bunch of empty seats right behind the plate where everyone in their right mind should be wanting to sit. I can hear the jabs from Cub fans now, how "there's only 500 people that go to Sox games".

Hitmen77
03-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Certainly there are enough rich people in Chicago who can afford 52K a year for 4 box seats right behind home too.

But I thought all Sox fans were poor uneducated losers?