PDA

View Full Version : Should White Sox fans boycott ABC 7 News because of Giangreco?

Viva Medias B's
03-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Mark Giangreco has become the No. 1 trolling television sportscaster in town. Becasue of this, should we as White Sox fans boycott ABC 7 News?

Despite this and my general dislike for ABC 7's news product, I actually say NAY. We don't boycott the Sun-Times because of Mariotti, do we?

JB98
03-03-2005, 10:45 PM
Mark Giangreco has become the No. 1 trolling television sportscaster in town. Becasue of this, should we as White Sox fans boycott ABC 7 News?

Despite this and my general dislike for ABC 7's news product, I actually say NAY. We don't boycott the Sun-Times because of Mariotti, do we?

Some of us do....

Giangreco sucks. I haven't listened to him in years. I'm not boycotting him, per se, but I never watch ABC 7 news.

StillMissOzzie
03-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Some of us do....

Giangreco sucks. I haven't listened to him in years. I'm not boycotting him, per se, but I never watch ABC 7 news.

Giangreco is one of several reasons I usually tune into the NBC news at 10:00PM.

SMO
:gulp:

Clement's beard
03-03-2005, 11:07 PM
What did he do?

MUsoxfan
03-03-2005, 11:10 PM
A couple years ago the White Sox opened up the season @ Seattle. On opening day, the Sox won and the Cubs lost. On the Chan. 7 news Giangreco reported the Cubs loss before the Sox' victory. My dad was soo pissed off he emailed Giangreco to complain. 2 hours later the phone rang and I answered and the voice said "Hi, this is Mark Giangreco, is Jerry in?". Then I asked him if he was serious....he said he was. So my dad talked to Giangreco and Jim Rose about it. Their excuse was that they hadn't recieved the highlights yet because they had to go to Japan first or some nonsense like that and it was in no way a purposeful slight to the White Sox. I don't know if I believe them or not, but the fact that they called my house to explain is reason enough for me to watch the Chan. 7 sports.

shoota
03-04-2005, 12:18 AM

If you don't like Giangreco you can just boycott his sports segment and still watch the rest of ABC 7 news program. When sports coverage comes on, switch to 2 or 5.

FedEx227
03-04-2005, 09:59 AM
haha I can't believe he called your house...

anyway I don't watch ABC 7 anyway, I'm a CBS guy myself.

Rocky Soprano
03-04-2005, 10:41 AM
Am I the only one that watches Fox News?

I also watch NBC news but just for the sports segment.

Ol' No. 2
03-04-2005, 11:06 AM
I already get all my sports news right here.:redneck

Palehose13
03-04-2005, 11:24 AM
I already get all my sports news right here.:redneck

Ditto.

kittle42
03-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Local news sucks. No one should watch any of it.

ChiSoxRowand
03-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Last season Mike North was talking about how Giangreco would put the attendance for both the Sox and Cubs on the sports ticker.

Charno
03-04-2005, 04:38 PM
In an irrelevant aside, I played little league with Giangrecos son.

PAPChiSox729
03-04-2005, 05:00 PM

I usually watch Fox too. I can't really boycott ABC since I never watch it. Besides, if we were to boycott any media outlets with a Cubs' bias, then WSI would be the only thing left... That's not such a bad idea!
:redneck

PaleHoseGeorge
03-04-2005, 06:06 PM
I think all the local TV news are pretty awful and I hardly ever watch any of them. The sports segments are all weak. However I agree Giangreco is the most blatantly pro-Cubs/anti-Sox.

:giangreco
"No more empty blue seat jokes? I'll just switch to green!"

zach074
03-04-2005, 09:44 PM
If i boycotted everone on t.v. who said good things about the Cubs or bad things about the Sox I wouldn't be able to watch t.v.!

Banix12
03-05-2005, 12:54 AM
I never saw him as anti-sox or pro-cub. He's mostly pro-hockey and makes snide remarks anytime a team in town does something stupid. That's the image he has cultivated, being a smart-ass. I've heard plenty of anti-cub stuff come out of his mouth as well, especially lately, mostly directed toward Dusty.

Nellie_Fox
03-05-2005, 01:27 AM
If i boycotted everone on t.v. who said good things about the Cubs or bad things about the Sox I wouldn't be able to watch t.v.!Amen. If you start boycotting Chicago TV news because of biased baseball reporting, you're finished with Chicago TV news. They all salivate over the Cubbies every chance they get. They have for decades.

BRDSR
03-05-2005, 02:10 AM

No sir, I usually watch Fox News. If I think they're reporting something with an obvious and tainting conservative bias, I switch over to CNN. Generally though, I go with Fox News.

Wsoxmike59
03-12-2005, 05:52 PM
I think all the local TV news are pretty awful and I hardly ever watch any of them. The sports segments are all weak. However I agree Giangreco is the most blatantly pro-Cubs/anti-Sox.

:giangreco

Bruce Wolf is probably even more irritating than Giangreco when it comes to the cubs vs Sox bias. What is even more inexcusable for Wolf is that he was a Sox fan growing up as a youth. He switched to the cubbies when they got more popular than the Sox.....frontrunner that he is.

But nobody beats Jay Mariotti in my book for further perpetuating an anti Sox bias in this town. In this triple crown race of media horses asses it's gotta be

# 1 - Jay Jay Mariotti
# 2 - Bruce Wolf in Sheep's (Cubs...Goats?) Clothing
# 3 - Walter Payton's Buddy Giangreco

All three smarmy bastards wanna make me hurl!!!!:angry:

I want Mags back
03-12-2005, 06:04 PM
If you don't like Giangreco you can just boycott his sports segment and still watch the rest of ABC 7 news program. When sports coverage comes on, switch to 2 or 5.

Are u crazy. Ryan Baker and mark Scnowski (sp) are much worse than him. I dont know who is on 2 anymore

batmanZoSo
03-12-2005, 06:06 PM
I voted yeah on principle, simply because he's a jackass. But it's a moot point for me as I don't rely on 20 second recaps to get my sox news fix anyway, regardless of the station. ESPN gives you at least that much time and usually a lot more (not to say they aren't a bunch of tools sometimes). Also CON-cast should surely have some decent highlight reels at the end of the day. Then there's the paper...

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
03-12-2005, 09:59 PM
i'd just have to boycott the sports segment. i need my nightly dose of Kathy Brock :drool:

Stroker Ace
03-12-2005, 10:37 PM

I also watch Fox news.

LongLiveFisk
03-13-2005, 12:12 PM
I don't watch much local news, unless it's for weather reports and even then I just put on the Weather Channel. For local sports I leave on whatever station I happened to flip to. That's how dedicated I am to any one station :wink:

As for everyday news, they should just start calling it the "bad news". I skip over 99% of this stuff. If I didn't I'd need a lifetime supply of Prozac.

santo=dorf
03-13-2005, 12:54 PM
:threadsucks

Why whine about the news? :?:

SOXintheBURGH
03-13-2005, 06:09 PM
:threadsucks

Why whine about the news? :?:

LOL... Seeing that face scrolling across my screen made my day.

chisoxmike
03-13-2005, 06:19 PM
First of all, I HIGHLY doubt ABC 7 would care if they heard of Sox fans boycotting their sports reports. They'd look at it as angry, bitter Sox fans at it again.

Second, how would they know that you arn't watching, unless you have one of those Nelison ratings boxes for your TV, the boycott would fall on deaf ears.

Third, Giangreco has always been a anti-Sox sports caster, he is the most obvious one out there. So why watch him? Switch the channel. All sports casts are on about the same time. There is also the anti-sox CBS-2 sports cast, the anti-sox nbc 5 sports cast, the anti-sox WGN sports cast. See my point.

The only "outted" Sox fan sport casters are Lou Cannellis, Mike Bloomberg of CLTV, and Dan Roean from WGN.

SOXSINCE'70
03-13-2005, 06:28 PM
I'll go to ESPN News.That way,I can avoid Mr."Booyaa!",Stuart Scott
and the "I'm so full of myself it's pathetic" Dan Patrick.:angry: :angry:

Fake Chet Lemon
03-17-2005, 10:34 PM
:threadblows:
!!!

slavko
03-20-2005, 01:20 PM
First of all, I HIGHLY doubt ABC 7 would care if they heard of Sox fans boycotting their sports reports. They'd look at it as angry, bitter Sox fans at it again.

Second, how would they know that you arn't watching, unless you have one of those Nelison ratings boxes for your TV, the boycott would fall on deaf ears.

Third, Giangreco has always been a anti-Sox sports caster, he is the most obvious one out there. So why watch him? Switch the channel. All sports casts are on about the same time. There is also the anti-sox CBS-2 sports cast, the anti-sox nbc 5 sports cast, the anti-sox WGN sports cast. See my point.

The only "outted" Sox fan sport casters are Lou Cannellis, Mike Bloomberg of CLTV, and Dan Roean from WGN.

and Rich King, interviewed on this site not long ago. All four Tribune employees.

ewokpelts
03-20-2005, 04:03 PM
i'd just have to boycott the sports segment. i need my nightly dose of Kathy Brock :drool:yeah...some nights, she better than Anna Devlantes....
Gene

Buon Pasqua
03-20-2005, 04:29 PM
i'll keep watching giangreco because he's the only sports anchor in town who seems to care aboot hockey. this week he's been showing high school hockey highlights!

NSSoxFan
03-20-2005, 04:33 PM
i'll keep watching giangreco because he's the only sports anchor in town who seems to care aboot hockey. this week he's been showing high school hockey highlights!

Wow, must have been a really really slow day.

BTW Lakeview is in "Wrigleyville".