PDA

View Full Version : Speculation: Thunderstruck by AC/DC won't be the intro?

mccombe_35
03-03-2005, 10:57 PM
What will / should be the intro for the White Sox in 2005?!

I am only in my 2nd day here, & i did see the thread on new Sox slogans (great thread!) - sorry if this has been done!

Any good song ideas for the into out there?!?:wink:

Frank the Tank
03-03-2005, 11:00 PM
DropKick Murphy's - The Gangs all Here

cbrownson13
03-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Will Carmina Burana still be used right in the beginning after they do the thing whith the old Sox stars on the scoreboard? I hope so, gives me goosebumps.

If not, I nominate Rick Flair's entrance music.

Viva Medias B's
03-03-2005, 11:21 PM
How do you know "Thunderstruck" won't be the intro?

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Nooooooooo!!!!

How do you spell ACDC?
A C D C !!!
YOU FORGOT THE LIGHTNING BOLT!!!!!!

How about the Mortal Kombat theme?
Here are some awsome ideas
Ice 9-Joe Satriani just listen to it....Add in some sox names while the song is playing, it sounds awsome.
Guerilla Radio-Rage Against the machine
Satch Boogie-Joe Satriani (also another awsome one)
What about "for those about to rock" to keep the ACDC?
Surfing with the Alien- Joe Satriani

santo=dorf
03-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Good. AC/DC is too old.

Get some more Hip-Hop playing at the Cell. http://www.majorfm.com/forum/images/smilies/dj.gif

I_Liked_Manuel
03-03-2005, 11:41 PM
danzig- mother

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-03-2005, 11:41 PM
AWSOME smiley, santo=dorf

Brian26
03-03-2005, 11:42 PM
How do you know "Thunderstruck" won't be the intro?

I have the same question.

chisoxcardsbabe
03-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Coheed and Cambria - The Crowning.

SomebodyToldMe
03-04-2005, 12:00 AM
Good. AC/DC is too old.

I disagree. I think that it's a great song to get pumped up to.

Which is why I'm suggesting either "Battery" or "Enter Sandman" by Metallica.

Both have great intros that'll pump up the crowd right before it kicks into full on chaos. Yes. I like the sound of that.

MIgrenade
03-04-2005, 12:00 AM
danzig- mother

awesome song!

WinningUgly!
03-04-2005, 12:03 AM
Get some more Hip-Hop playing at the Cell. http://www.majorfm.com/forum/images/smilies/dj.gif

No thanks.

I want to hear more Nancy Faust.

Cowch44
03-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Coheed and Cambria - The Crowning.
I can't stand their lead singer, but I guess that's a good song.

jake27
03-04-2005, 12:15 AM
i love the thunderstruck... i really hope they still have it

HawkDJ
03-04-2005, 12:19 AM
I have the same question.

Probably e-mailed Brooks

FightingBillini
03-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Good. AC/DC is too old.

Or not! And if by too old you mean every new album goes platinum, then I guess they are too old. Even is 50 cent is still alive in 30 years, people wont be listening to him.

MUsoxfan
03-04-2005, 12:35 AM
Let's not start arguing over speculation made by a new poster without any sources. If there's a source, we should feel free to bitch and moan at each other

WhiteSoxFan84
03-04-2005, 01:38 AM
It's probably been overdone, but Welcome to the Jungle for GNR is a possibility.

Or, Higher by Creed. The chorus is "Can you take me higher?", can this team take us higher?

We need something with an edge to it. Any solid rock song would do. The Cell is electric as is, but the right rock song would make it a jungle, literally.

Unregistered
03-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Or, Higher by Creed. The chorus is "Can you take me higher?", can this team take us higher?
:chunks:chunks

chisox06
03-04-2005, 01:52 AM
What about that "boys from the south" song by P.O.D? Personally I think the band sucks but that song obviously fits well. I think they used it a few times with the films on the Jumbotron between innings.

UofCSoxFan
03-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Another AC/DC song....for those about to rock, we salute you

or how about O Fortuna from an opera i don't remember....I'm sure you'd know it you heard it....they play it in car commercials a lot or before big fight scenes in movies...it starts off as a kinda chant and gradually builds up into a frenzy...great stuff.

SoxWillWin
03-04-2005, 02:38 AM
Any supporters of Fire on High by ELO??????

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-04-2005, 02:50 AM
Another AC/DC song....for those about to rock, we salute you

or how about O Fortuna from an opera i don't remember....I'm sure you'd know it you heard it....they play it in car commercials a lot or before big fight scenes in movies...it starts off as a kinda chant and gradually builds up into a frenzy...great stuff.
Isn't O Fortuna the one they usually play before Thunderstruck? It's a great song if I'm thinking correctly.

Chisox_cali
03-04-2005, 03:01 AM
I can't stand their lead singer, but I guess that's a good song.

Could it be because he sounds like his balls are constantly in a vice grip? I said it before, but I swear I thought that was a girl singing for that band for the longest time...

Back to the topic:
"Ten Ton Hammer" Machine Head
"Crusher Destroyer" Mastodon

The Racehorse
03-04-2005, 04:12 AM
danzig- mother

Been awhile since I've seen someone reference ole' Glen. :cool:

shoota
03-04-2005, 04:26 AM
What about that "boys from the south" song by P.O.D? Personally I think the band sucks but that song obviously fits well. I think they used it a few times with the films on the Jumbotron between innings.

I think that song's called "Boom". I think that would have been a perfect song when the Sox were a power hitting team, because of the "BOOM!" lyrics, but even with a balanced lineup it'd be a good song to use because it would pump up a crowd and mentions the "boys from the south" repeatedly.

LongLiveFisk
03-04-2005, 07:38 AM
Maybe they can steal "Kickstart my heart" by Motley Crue from the Wolves? :cool:

SSN721
03-04-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm thinking Crystal Method's Keep Hope Alive. :smile:

Palehose13
03-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Maybe they can steal "Kickstart my heart" by Motley Crue from the Wolves? :cool:

Oooooooo Yeah. :D:

I personally love "Thunderstruck". If they decide to change it, you gotta stay with rock. If they went to hip-hop I think many fans would come in late so they didn't have to listen to it. :wink:

FedEx227
03-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Even though I'm more of a hip-hop fan I'm fine with keeping a hard rock song as the intro...I hope they don't change Thunderstruck that was such a good choice for them.

mdep524
03-04-2005, 11:51 AM
i love the thunderstruck... i really hope they still have it
I totally agree, I hope it's still Thunderstruck for '05! It's a tradition and in context it gives me chills.

If the Sox EVER switched it to that Creed song I would seriously be VERY disappointed. Creed = awful.

FedEx227
03-04-2005, 12:15 PM
they wouldn't even switch to Creed, because some of us may hate rock, some may hate rap.... but we all hate contemporary christian rock.

joe250
03-04-2005, 12:54 PM
"Thunderstruck" is such a cheesy song though. I have to chuckle everytime they start to play it.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but to me it just seems to reinforce the "William Ligue" stereotype that many people hold.

RKMeibalane
03-04-2005, 05:35 PM
"Right Now" - Van Halen

mdep524
03-04-2005, 05:47 PM
"Thunderstruck" is such a cheesy song though. I have to chuckle everytime they start to play it.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but to me it just seems to reinforce the "William Ligue" stereotype that many people hold.
:?: I don't see the connection...

RKMeibalane
03-04-2005, 05:48 PM
:?: I don't see the connection...

I don't, either.

SoxEd
03-04-2005, 07:35 PM

O Fortuna is from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff.

On the continuing subject of ACDC songs, I'd suggest 'Back in Black' on the nights the Sox play in the Alternate Home jersey...

chisoxmike
03-04-2005, 08:38 PM
I liked the "Thunderstruck" intro, I hope they still use it 2005. I cant see them changing it.

Fake Chet Lemon
03-04-2005, 09:24 PM
I disagree. I think that it's a great song to get pumped up to.

Which is why I'm suggesting either "Battery" or "Enter Sandman" by Metallica.

Both have great intros that'll pump up the crowd right before it kicks into full on chaos. Yes. I like the sound of that.

Agree with it all 1,000%.

WhiteSoxFan84
03-05-2005, 04:12 PM
:chunks:chunks

lool i kid you not i forgot the teal.

i was a huge creed fan until scott stapp ruined everything. now im a huge alter bridge fan. but that was complete sarcasm.

batmanZoSo
03-06-2005, 12:02 PM
How about What's New *****cat? by Tom Jones?

row18
03-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Oooooooo Yeah. :D:

I personally love "Thunderstruck". If they decide to change it, you gotta stay with rock. If they went to hip-hop I think many fans would come in late so they didn't have to listen to it. :wink:

That's funny because I love Hiphop, and I show up late to avoid the rock intro.

NowBatting19
03-06-2005, 07:50 PM
I love Thunderstruck like Hawk loves cotton candy!

Chisox003
03-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Last year, "Thunderstruck" and "Back in Black" really seemed to get the crowd going, especially with the fireworks and (R.I.P) Willsy's "nexxxxxxt" intro which will be greatly missed....

I hated when they played "Lets get it started" by black eyed peas....It just doesnt work like rock does

I hope they stick with AC/DC

batmanZoSo
03-06-2005, 08:58 PM
I hated when they played "Lets get it started" by black eyed peas....It just doesnt work like rock does

What a vomit-inducing song that is.

I hope they don't change Thunderstruck. I don't even like AC/DC, but I love that song as the intro. It just goes.

Jjav829
03-07-2005, 12:07 AM
I hope this is nothing more than speculation. Thunderstruck is a perfect song to get started. I could see why they might think that with this team moving from a power - or thunder - team to a speed - or lightning, if you will - team, Thunderstruck wouldn't work anymore. I don't think that matters though. It's just a great song to get the adrenaline going and get you pumped for the game. Hell, everytime I hear that song I start doing whatever I'm doing at a higher intensity. They better not get rid of that song. :tsk:

Stroker Ace
03-07-2005, 02:38 AM
For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica. Killer guiter for the 1st half of the song

Stroker Ace
03-07-2005, 02:41 AM
they wouldn't even switch to Creed, because some of us may hate rock, some may hate rap.... but we all hate contemporary christian rock.

Everyone knows that Creed has ALWAYS sucked.

Stroker Ace
03-07-2005, 02:42 AM
I don't, either.

Me neither

Stroker Ace
03-07-2005, 02:48 AM
Or Seek and Destroy

mccombe_35
03-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Wow, i didn't mean to cause such an uproar!? Changing the intro was just a thought!? Since they are going away from the long ball mentality & all...... And what will they do early in the season - show Iguchi, Podsednik, Dye, & AJ on the big screen hitting bombs with their old teams?

I actually really like Thunderstruck, but it doesn't seem to fit this group.:smile:

the gooch
03-07-2005, 10:42 AM
wow. lots of metallica fans here tonight, i dont think those songs will translate to the family atmosphere the sox want. nothing wrong with metallica, but kids wont relate to 80s metal.

last year the sox changed the intro format so that each player runs on the field separately. (i hate that.) if that is to continue. the top gun theme would work well for it.
yes, its another love it or hate it song, but everybody in the park will know it, and talking about 'feeling the need for speed...'
i also think they should look into dropping the fireworks at the beginning, because it wont be the same without 'neeeeexxxxt.'

as a side note, my favorite song in the ballpark is 'little willie' everytime harris gets on base. its hilarious.

SoxEd
03-07-2005, 02:54 PM
That's funny because I love Hiphop, and I show up late to avoid the rock intro.

Which records would you suggest as a possible intro?

There have been a load of suggestions from the rockers around here, let's hear some good hiphop/rap suggestions - you may win over some converts!

EDIT: And if anyone has any other ideas, let's hear them too.
What about 'Song2' by Blur?
(IIRC, I think the USAF used it to officially unveil the Stealth bomber, so it too may be a bit on the heavy/rock side...)

whitesoxwilkes
03-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Which records would you suggest as a possible intro?

There have been a load of suggestions from the rockers around here, let's hear some good hiphop/rap suggestions - you may win over some converts!

EDIT: And if anyone has any other ideas, let's hear them too.
What about 'Song2' by Blur?
(IIRC, I think the USAF used it to officially unveil the Stealth bomber, so it too may be a bit on the heavy/rock side...)

They play "Song No. 2" a lot during games whenever something good happens.

shoota
03-08-2005, 12:47 PM
"Right Now" - Van Halen

I'd rather "Thunderstruck", but if it's gone, I'll second your choice.

After the NBA made it the theme song to the 2004 playoffs, I would like to see the Pistons/Pacers thug brawl shown with that song as the audio. :D:Kind of fits.

row18
03-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Hiphop is my music of choice, and I'll be the first to admit there's not many songs that is appropriate for an intro to a baseball game, just a few,

Jump Around -House of Pain
Run's House- Run DMC
B O B-Outkast

mantis1212
03-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Or Seek and Destroy

ABSOLUTELY, I was gonna say that.

And, yes, Creed SUCKS

WhiteSoxFan84
03-12-2005, 06:03 PM
it's rather new and some of u may not have heard it, but a good theme song (not a ballpark song) for the 2005 White Sox might be "Let Me Go" by 3 Doors Down. The verse that makes me think of the Sox because of all the new faces is "You love me but you don't know who I am". They go on to say, "so let me go..." and that might not work but I did like that one verse.

Stroker Ace
03-12-2005, 06:24 PM
If they aren't going to use Thunderstruck or a Metallica song, how about Madhouse by Anthrax