Soxzilla
03-03-2005, 05:38 PM
GO GO PODZILLA!:bandance:

Sleep520
03-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Pods sounds good...

Can't wait to watch him on the bases.

03-03-2005, 05:46 PM
What were some high/low lights....I know we had our reserve squad playing outside a few....how did Mark do?

Ol' No. 2
Arnie "The Firestarter" Munoz :angry:They did say he was a "flamethrower".:(:

DaleJRFan
From the sound of the broadcast, Willie is playing his heart out. Made some tough plays at 2B. Took a walk, got picked off first but still almost stole second on the throw.

Despite my previous posts, Burke was seemingly lost playing 3B... but still hit well. I guess that is what we should expect, though. :?:

Munoz threw 7 straight balls. Why is he even on the roster? Same with Diaz... They both have 8+ ERAs from last year and have had a "fair look" from the Sox. I know this is Spring Training, but they've had their chances, and both failed. Dump 'em.

My question is, we know Munoz and Diaz aren't headed north with the team, is there room for them on the staff at AAA? The situation would suggest that the Charlotte starting rotation would be comprised of McCarthy, Honel, Tracey, Adkins and ???... If so, where do Diaz and Munoz fit in if anywhere?

On a semi-non-sox related note, anyone see Richie pitch in the Pirates/Yankees game today? He looked very good. Good location and velocity, too. :?:

Unregistered
03-03-2005, 05:50 PM
TWO IN A ROW??

:corpseball :fireozzie :selljerry :fireward :chickenlittle :firepettis :anon:

DaleJRFan
03-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Also, I missed the inning Bobby Jenks threw. I know he gave up a long homerun, but did anyone catch a fair idea of how he looks? Decent? Just curious.

Jabroni
03-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Also, I missed the inning Bobby Jenks threw. I know he gave up a long homerun, but did anyone catch a fair idea of how he looks? Decent? Just curious.I'm guessing, fat.

DaleJRFan
03-03-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm guessing, fat.

5'3" 270lbs. Good guess. :D:

Jabroni
03-03-2005, 05:56 PM
5'3" 270lbs. Good guess. :D:Well, he's actually 6'3", 270 pounds so that's a little better. :tongue:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=408057

Palehose13
Pods sounds good...

Can't wait to watch him on the bases.

How did my boy do today? :smile:

Jabroni
How did my boy do today? :smile:Pods went 1 for 2. He had a bunt single and a stolen base in his first at bat of the game.

ChiSox14305635
03-03-2005, 06:08 PM
On a positive note, Honel threw a scoreless inning and struck out 2. :cool:

Palehose13
03-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Pods went 1 for 2. He had a bunt single and a stolen base in his first at bat of the game.

So 2 bunt single and 2 SB's in 2 games? Sweet.

Don't know if anyone read my tipsy comments on yesterday's post game thread, but I was happy to see this said by Podsednik yesterday:
"That's what I do,'' Podsednik said. "I'm not going to drive the ball out of the ballpark, so I've got to help the team with my legs, getting on and getting myself into scoring position. I'm hoping I can stay healthy and do that throughout the season.''

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug03.html

I like that attitude. :smile:

Ol' No. 2
03-03-2005, 06:13 PM
On a positive note, Honel threw a scoreless inning and struck out 2. :cool:There were a lot of positives. Burly-mon threw pretty well. The two runs in the 2nd were both unearned. Generally, the pitching was good until "Matchlight" Munoz came in.

maurice
03-03-2005, 06:23 PM
My question is, we know Munoz and Diaz aren't headed north with the team, is there room for them on the staff at AAA? The situation would suggest that the Charlotte starting rotation would be comprised of McCarthy, Honel, Tracey, Adkins and ???... If so, where do Diaz and Munoz fit in if anywhere?

Adkins, Diaz, and Munoz almost certainly will start the year at AAA. McCarthy, Honel, and Tracey are all good bets to start the year at a lower level.

infohawk
03-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Hi, I'm Arnie Munoz! :dtroll:

Hi, I'm Felix Diaz! :dtroll:

JB98
03-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Adkins, Diaz, and Munoz almost certainly will start the year at AAA. McCarthy, Honel, and Tracey are all good bets to start the year at a lower level.

I wouldn't count Adkins out just yet. Ozzie loves the guy.

SOXSINCE'70
03-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Arnie "The Firestarter" Munoz :angry:

Since we're all into nicknames,here's one for Mr.Pyromania;

ADIOS,MUNOZ!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

DrCrawdad
03-03-2005, 07:02 PM
I absolutely hate it when the Sox have 2nd and 3rd and then intentionally walk the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th. It never seems to work for the Sox.

IMHO when you're the visiting team in a tied situation and you intentionally load the bases it puts all the pressure on the pitcher. Either the pitcher walks the winning run or lobs one straight in there, serving it up on a tee for the hitter.

California Sox
03-03-2005, 07:27 PM
On the positive side, it sounded like Honel and Tracey both threw extremely well. Jenks was throwing strikes which is a challenge for him. At this point, though, the pitchers seem to be ahead of the hitters. At least our hitters.

gobears1987
03-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Nothing to worry about, Munox sucks. So what? He won't be playing for us this year. If he gets called up I'd worry.

hold2dibber
03-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Munoz threw 7 straight balls. Why is he even on the roster? Same with Diaz... They both have 8+ ERAs from last year and have had a "fair look" from the Sox. I know this is Spring Training, but they've had their chances, and both failed. Dump 'em.

Oh come on. Neither of those guys has more than a handful of innings at the MLB level. Many, many, many, many successful major league pitchers were lousy when first called up, and for much longer periods than these guys. Diaz has a whopping 49 innings to his credit; Munoz has 14. That's hardly a "fair look" in either case. I'm not saying that either of these guys will be world beaters, but dumping 'em would be assinine. They both have had minor league success and (from all reports I've heard) are legitimate prospects (maybe not as top of the rotation starters, but as legitimate major league contributors).

owensmouth
03-03-2005, 10:34 PM
So the White Sox regulars have, in two games, scored a total of what, two runs? Against two of the worst teams in major league baseball. Heckuva start for Kennyball. Oh well. at least we haven't had to put up with any of those nasty homeruns.

Jabroni
03-03-2005, 10:56 PM
So the White Sox regulars have, in two games, scored a total of what, two runs? Against two of the worst teams in major league baseball. Heckuva start for Kennyball. Oh well. at least we haven't had to put up with any of those nasty homeruns.How many total at bats do you think our starters got in both games? Don't be a moron. :rolleyes:

mrzerofan
03-03-2005, 11:19 PM
How did Anderson, Sweeney, and McCarthy do? ( if he pitched)

On Willie:

:weewillie

"Now Scott, how do you do it?":nuts

Mohoney
03-04-2005, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't count Adkins out just yet. Ozzie loves the guy.

I don't know why, either.

Huisj
03-04-2005, 12:28 AM
It's march 3, well ok march 4 now. There sure seems to be a lot of sudden moaning and pissyness on this board after two ST games. so a pitcher has a bad outing in march, and they team is doomed? I think that it's really too early to judge anyone at this point. Hitters can have timing problems they're still working out, pitchers can be tinkering with mechanics and arm slots and grips that throw off their location or pitches. It's not the real deal yet, so why is everyone calling fire and brimstone on the guys who haven't looked like all stars after two games? just chill guys.

owensmouth
03-04-2005, 12:43 AM
How many total at bats do you think our starters got in both games? Don't be a moron. :rolleyes:

Roughly the same amount as the other teams' starters.

MUsoxfan
03-04-2005, 12:45 AM
Roughly the same amount as the other teams' starters.

Exactly. So their minor leaguers beat our minor leaguers. Time to relax. I don't care if the Sox win a game in Spring Training. After April 4, the games begin

owensmouth
03-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Exactly. So their minor leaguers beat our minor leaguers. Time to relax. I don't care if the Sox win a game in Spring Training. After April 4, the games begin

True to a degree. What I'm concerned about is the continuing inability of our regulars to drive in runs. The same people who failed to get the critical single are expected to do so this year.

Last year the complaint was too many one run home runs. This year there may not be any runs.

MUsoxfan
03-04-2005, 01:02 AM
True to a degree. What I'm concerned about is the continuing inability of our regulars to drive in runs. The same people who failed to get the critical single are expected to do so this year.

Last year the complaint was too many one run home runs. This year there may not be any runs.

I'm not worried one bit. This is day 2 of ST games. Only one regular has had even 4ab's. Timing is off and Ozzie is likely sending these guys up with one purpose and one purpose only. To see if they can hit behind a runner....or pull the ball to the left....or shoot the ball into right. This is time for experimenting and working on fundamentals....not a time for winning games

Jabroni
03-04-2005, 01:57 AM
Roughly the same amount as the other teams' starters.Please...

Spring Training Player Stats: (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/stats/cws_springtraining_stats.jsp)

Podsednik - (4 for 5), 2 singles, 2 bunt singles, 2 SB
Rowand - (1 for 3), double
Konerko - (1 for 3), single
Crede - (0 for 3)
Uribe - (2 for 2), double, single, run scored
Everett - (0 for 2)
Iguchi - (0 for 2)
Dye - (0 for 1)
Pierzynski - (0 for 1)

Talk about "small sample size." Do you think maybe you're freaking out a little bit too early? :rolleyes:

SoxWillWin
03-04-2005, 02:42 AM

Valid reasoning........for after April. Let's all take a deep breath.......do some yoga or something........we've got a lot of time before the ACTUAL SEASON starts.

chisox06
03-04-2005, 02:42 AM

If you ask me the words "continuing inability" and "failure" should never apply to the first 2 games in ST. This is practice, thats all it is, these guys are practicing as a team against other teams. Maybe the reason why their failing is because they haven't played baseball in almost 6 months, thats why they are there so all those mistakes they make now happen a lot less frequently on April 4th, thats all I'm concerned about.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-04-2005, 02:57 AM
No need to freak out. This is only the second ST game. 4/9ths(5/9ths if you consider Everett) of our presumed starting day line up is new to the team. When you overhaul a line up like that, it's going to take some time to get everything flowing. THANKFULLY, that's what we have spring training for. The only thing that matters is that the team gets into an offensive groove in the last few ST games when the regulars are mostly playing the entire game and then carry it on into the games that matter starting April 4th. :cool:

Ol' No. 2
03-04-2005, 09:52 AM
:prozacGeez. Everybody take one of these. It's TWO FRIKKIN' GAMES into spring training and people are ready to slit their wrists already. Do you understand that the correlation between spring training success and regular season success is almost nil?

Iwritecode
03-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Ahh, it's good to see that the bitching and moaning is already in mid-season form...

:chickenlittle

LVSoxFan
03-04-2005, 10:50 AM
LMAO. So true.

We play two sandlot games and already everybody's reading into it.

RELAX, people.

Talk to me at the All Star break.

mike squires
03-04-2005, 01:47 PM
IT's the same thing every year really. Everyone gets riled up cause we are not so hot during spring training...we hang in there once the regular season starts and are usually 6 games back. We make a run beating all the top teams (Yanks, Redsox) putting us only 2 games back but then we go to Detroit and Kansas City and next thing you know we are 8 games back. Ahhhhh, Whitesox baseball. You gotta love it...

Ol' No. 2
03-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Somebody better hide all the razor blades and sharp objects before opening day, just in case. If people are getting this worked up over a couple of spring training games, I can't imagine what would happen if they lost a game that actually counted.

:bundy

Iwritecode
03-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Somebody better hide all the razor blades and sharp objects before opening day, just in case. If people are getting this worked up over a couple of spring training games, I can't imagine what would happen if they lost a game that actually counted.

Look through the archives of some of the post-game threads from last year. You'll find some pretty interesting/entertaining ones...