PDA

View Full Version : Willie not looking for trade

Jabroni
03-03-2005, 12:48 PM
"White Sox In Tucson
Harris positively charged"
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/031sd4.htm
"I felt this would be my opportunity, but obstacles were put in my way." Harris said. "Now I have to take this adversity and use it to get stronger. Like they say, if it doesn't kill you, it makes you better. I'll get better. In the years to come, I know that I'll be great."

jackbrohamer
03-03-2005, 12:54 PM
I don't think I've ever seen as many stories about a utility infielder in my life as I've seen about Willie Harris this offseason

Jabroni
03-03-2005, 01:04 PM
I don't think I've ever seen as many stories about a utility infielder in my life as I've seen about Willie Harris this offseasonWillie is NOT a utility infielder. He can play 2B and CF.

soltrain21
03-03-2005, 01:30 PM
That is great that Willie isn't looking for a trade, but I am sure Kenny is.

Clembasbal
03-03-2005, 01:59 PM
That is great that Willie isn't looking for a trade, but I am sure Kenny is.

True...maybe all of this talk will make it seem like Willie is for real and he is determined...which will help us get just a bit more talent in return.

jackbrohamer
03-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Willie is NOT a utility infielder. He can play 2B and CF.

Check. Change my comment to "bench warmer".

PAPChiSox729
03-03-2005, 05:44 PM
i really don't think it matters whether Willie is looking for a trade or not... Kenny is the GM, and he is wanting to deal Harris right now. I just hope he is patient and waits for a good offer.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-03-2005, 05:53 PM
I just hope he is patient and waits for a good offer.

Bag of baseballs?

Two bags of baseballs -- white?

zach074
03-03-2005, 05:59 PM
I love his positive attitude.

Soxzilla
03-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Gotta admire his fortitude. Most players would just bitch and moan about the situation, but wee Willie is trying to build off it.

He could just as easily say "Play me or Trade me."

...of course that would pack his bags real quick.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-03-2005, 07:15 PM

That's funny. I guess you missed it when Cowley the Jerk telephoned Willie at his home the day after the Iguchi signing. Willie said if they're not going to play me, why not trade me?

So I guess now you're willing to admit he's a total piece of ****, right?
:cool:

Ol' No. 2
03-03-2005, 07:19 PM
That's funny. I guess you missed it when Cowley the Jerk telephoned Willie at his home the day after the Iguchi signing. Willie said if they're not going to play me, why not trade me?

So I guess now you're willing to admit he's a total piece of ****, right?
:cool:You know how Cowley works, though. He knows how to turn the conversation until he gets the player to say the answer he wants, then takes stuff out of context to put together his usual smear. Willie is not the most savvy player, so Cowley made easy work of him. Besides, what's wrong with a player saying if you're not going to play me, then why not trade me? I'd probably feel the same way.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-03-2005, 07:21 PM
You know how Cowley works, though. He knows how to turn the conversation until he gets the player to say the answer he wants, then takes stuff out of context to put together his usual smear.

Well at least give me some credit. I did call him Cowley the Jerk.

Ol' No. 2
03-03-2005, 07:27 PM

:cool:I noticed that.:cool:

Soxzilla
03-03-2005, 08:50 PM

Not that I don't feel bad for Cowley, given his recent medical problems. But I take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

We ARE talking about the reporter that broke the story about how CLee was such a bad teamplayer in the clubhouse...just so we could all rationalize the trade that had just happened.

Thanks for the generalization though George, apparently you know me better than I know myself.:rolleyes:

Daver
03-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Bag of baseballs?

Two bags of baseballs -- white?

Your asking an awful lot if you want two bags of new baseballs.

Maybe they could throw in a cracked fungo bat instead?

Jabroni
03-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Bafiarocks said she would trade her ENTIRE Barbie collection for Willie. :tongue:

PaleHoseGeorge
03-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the generalization though George, apparently you know me better than I know myself.

Yeah you're right, zilla. Cowley made up that whole bit about Willie saying "play me or trade me."

So tell me, zilla, how do you manage all that sarcasm with your foot tickling your tonsils?

Soxzilla
03-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Yeah you're right, zilla. Cowley made up that whole bit about Willie saying "play me or trade me."

So tell me, zilla, how do you manage all that sarcasm with your foot tickling your tonsils?

He could have easily taken that out of context. But neither of us have any right to say whether HE DID or he didn't.:smile:

Now, on the other hand, he DID just say he is working on getting better, so he can stay with the club and win his job back. He most certainly seems to want to help the team.

And, since this is the most current gab from wee willie, I'll put a lot more stock into it.

But that's OK George, you don't have to agree with me. It wouldn't be the first time.:redneck