PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Tidbit

BRDSR
03-03-2005, 02:10 AM
Although it's just spring training and it was just the first game and they weren't even playing a major league ballclub, the Atlanta Braves actually no-hit the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.

Interestingly, it wasn't the Braves staff that threw the no-hitter but a contingent of minor-leaguers vying for a spot in the bullpen. Five guys named Zach Miner, Macay McBride, Anthony Lerew and Daniel Curtis, and Kevin Berry combined to allow no hits over nine innings. I know that when you boil it down, it's a buncha pros against a buncha amateurs, but I still think it's kind of impressive.

DSpivack
03-03-2005, 03:10 AM
Although it's just spring training and it was just the first game and they weren't even playing a major league ballclub, the Atlanta Braves actually no-hit the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.

Interestingly, it wasn't the Braves staff that threw the no-hitter but a contingent of minor-leaguers vying for a spot in the bullpen. Five guys named Zach Miner, Macay McBride, Anthony Lerew and Daniel Curtis, and Kevin Berry combined to allow no hits over nine innings. I know that when you boil it down, it's a buncha pros against a buncha amateurs, but I still think it's kind of impressive.

Aren't most of these things pretty big prospects for the Braves?

MUsoxfan
03-03-2005, 03:32 AM
It's impressive, but not totally impressive. If I was on a college team playing a MLB club I'd be trying entirely too hard to make my mark. Reminds me of last year when Northeastern played the Red Sox and faced Schilling. I know that none of them were facing Hudson, but these college kids were probably trying too hard