PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, he's fine we swear

FedEx227
03-02-2005, 10:41 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=fanball-tigersmaggswontplayt&prov=fanball&type=lgns

Yeah, hes fine... his doctor said the surgery was a success, end of story.

NSSoxFan
03-02-2005, 11:11 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=fanball-tigersmaggswontplayt&prov=fanball&type=lgns

Yeah, hes fine... his doctor said the surgery was a success, end of story.

IT begins.

MRKARNO
03-02-2005, 11:18 PM
:maggs

"Don't believe the news, I'm 100% healthy! See, even Jay Mariotti can tell when I am sitting down with him that I'm 100% ready for the rigors of the regular season."

Lip Man 1
03-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Time will tell but for the money invested he better be after this season.

Lip

Norberto7
03-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Excuse me, please, while I retrieve my jaw from the floor...

MIgrenade
03-03-2005, 12:02 AM
This is hilarious in a twisted kind of way.

JoseCanseco6969
03-03-2005, 12:15 AM
This is hilarious in a twisted kind of way.

This is a great start! I cant wait for the Tigers/Maggs to go down in flames. Although, I hope he plays most of the season with that 25 missed games deal in order to insure the Tigers being crippled by a Albert Belle/Mo Vaughn contract for years to come. But on the other hand, it would be nice to see greedy, crap talking, SOB Gagglio out of a contract and begging uncle Jerry for another shot with a minor league deal. Imagine that.....

FedEx227
03-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Yeah I'm not really sure which I want more...the Tigers to be crippled for signing him to that giant of a contract or him to be screwed massively begging for minor league deals...

Church Turtle
03-03-2005, 09:57 AM
{the turtle shakes his head back in forth in a mock disbelief} "tsk tsk"

Iwritecode
03-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Everyone who's suprised please raise your hand.

*looks around*

Yea, thought so...

spawn
03-03-2005, 10:19 AM
What gets me is Tiger fans have been so impressed with him. They say he's running without a brace, and they are hearing nothing but good things coming out of ST. But hey, He deserves to get paid more than Vlad. Reinsdorf should've paid him while he had the chance!!!

Palehose13
03-03-2005, 10:27 AM
In fact, manager Alan Trammell isn't sure when Maggs will take the field. "Not yet," Trammell told the Tigers' website, "but I don't think it's that long [away]. I'd say there's probably a 50-50 chance that the first time you see Magglio, it'll be at DH."

Huh? Anyone remember this article in the Trib? Even Tigers a bit shocked Ordonez looks so healthy I tried to retrieve the story, but the Trib was gonna make me pay for it.

Jerko
03-03-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm starting to hate the Tigers again as much as I did after the brawl in 2000.

Tekijawa
03-03-2005, 10:52 AM
So when the Tigers void his contract next year can we get into the Maggs race... the bidding starts at 1 million a year and a club option for a second year at 1.25!

OH!foracold1
03-03-2005, 11:39 AM
March 2nd, 8:05 pm EST (Fanball)

News
Outfielder Magglio Ordonez (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5889/) :whiner: claims that his knee is back at full strength, (Yah! Right) but the slugger will not be on the field for the Tigers' first spring training game on Thursday. In fact, manager Alan Trammell isn't sure when Maggs will take the field. "Not yet," Trammell told the Tigers' website, "but I don't think it's that long [away]. I'd say there's probably a 50-50 chance that the first time you see Magglio, it'll be at DH."
Views
Ordonez's health is one of the biggest question marks for fantasy owners this spring and we would have loved to see him play a full slate of spring training games to alleviate any concerns about it. Since that's clearly not going to happen, those concerns will linger. We're also worried about the fact he likely won't be in the field for his first couple of games, as that is another piece of evidence that his knee may not be as healthy as we have been told.

Unregistered
03-03-2005, 11:47 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2476
"I look forward to sitting on the bench next year for the highest bidder. Mets, Orioles, are you listening?"

Foulke29
03-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Not to be a grammar Nazi, but I think you mean sore.

Mickster
03-03-2005, 11:56 AM
We're also worried about the fact he likely won't be in the field for his first couple of games, as that is another piece of evidence that his knee may not be as healthy as we have been told.

Shocking!!! :o:

Jabroni
03-03-2005, 11:57 AM
"soar"? :wired: :rolling:

Baby Fisk
03-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Hey guys, what's the score? :cool:

Ol' No. 2
03-03-2005, 12:02 PM
I'd say there's probably a 50-50 chance that the first time you see Magglio, it'll be at DH.I'm betting the LAST time you see Magglio this year, it will be at DH, too.

OH!foracold1
03-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Not to be a grammar Nazi, but I think you mean sore.

Tanks! You are absolutly korrect. The scarie part is I realised that but I foregot to change it befour I cent it owt. Youd never beeleave I got A's in speling and grammer. :nuts:

Tekijawa
03-03-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm betting the LAST time you see Magglio this year, it will be at DH, too.

Did you mean DL?

Dadawg_77
03-03-2005, 12:21 PM
I think you guys are over reacting to one spring training game. The Tigers probally just want to ease him in. Why take on the additional risk where it isn't needed?

Jabroni
03-03-2005, 12:50 PM
I think you guys are over reacting to one spring training game. The Tigers probally just want to ease him in. Why take on the additional risk where it isn't needed?That must be it!

voodoochile
03-03-2005, 01:03 PM
I think you guys are over reacting to one spring training game. The Tigers probally just want to ease him in. Why take on the additional risk where it isn't needed?

How come KW can't get that kind of benefit of the doubt?

Ease him in... yeah... right...

Silly Voodoo... DH is stuch a stressful position to play...:rolleyes:

Jabroni
03-03-2005, 01:08 PM

Silly Voodoo... DH is stuch a stressful position to play...:rolleyes:What are you expecting, man? DH is a very hard role to ease into! :tongue:

Ol' No. 2
03-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Did you mean DL?Not if Magglio has anything to say about it. He'll gimp along with his knee held together with duct tape and string before he lets them put him on the DL.

voodoochile
03-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Not if Magglio has anything to say about it. He'll gimp along with his knee held together with duct tape and string before he lets them put him on the DL.

I also agree with whoever said that it won't be the knee that lands him on the DL. He will claim some other injury if this becomes too stressful, or he will be forced to abuse other muscles and joints to take the stress off of the knee and then one of them will get injured and he will get the time off.

Ol' No. 2
03-03-2005, 01:37 PM
I also agree with whoever said that it won't be the knee that lands him on the DL. He will claim some other injury if this becomes too stressful, or he will be forced to abuse other muscles and joints to take the stress off of the knee and then one of them will get injured and he will get the time off.This has all the makings of one dandy of a fight. If his knee gives out the Tigers are going to want to put him on the DL so they can get out from under the rest of the $75M, and Magglio is going to fight them tooth and nail. I'm pretty sure this story is a long way from over.

Flight #24
03-03-2005, 01:38 PM
I also agree with whoever said that it won't be the knee that lands him on the DL. He will claim some other injury if this becomes too stressful, or he will be forced to abuse other muscles and joints to take the stress off of the knee and then one of them will get injured and he will get the time off.

Yeah, hopping around the bases on 1 leg can be pretty stressful, of course that would be an injury having NOTHING to do with his knee......

gosox41
03-03-2005, 01:43 PM
"soar"? :wired: :rolling:

You didn't hear the news? When Magglio had his knee surgery they gave him a sepcial knee that enables him to fly.

Bob

SoxxoS
03-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Can someone photoshop Maggs face on McGahee??

http://rsfc.rathkopf.net/mcgahee.jpg

OH!foracold1
03-03-2005, 02:15 PM
You didn't hear the news? When Magglio had his knee surgery they gave him a sepcial knee that enables him to fly.

Bob

Not to be a grammar Nazi, but what's a sepcial knee? :rolling: :kukoo:

voodoochile
03-03-2005, 02:37 PM

Horrible injury, but what a game...:bandance:

spawn
03-03-2005, 02:40 PM
The perfect way to end the season. I remember being at a freinds house, and both of us exclaiming it was the best college football game we'd ever watched.

Dadawg_77
03-03-2005, 02:41 PM

Silly Voodoo... DH is stuch a stressful position to play...:rolleyes:

Last I check it was one preseason game that doesn't matter. Mags isn't fighting for a spot and the only good that could come out of the game is tweaking Mags injury. Since there isn't a history with anyone else having this injury before, I think the Tigers and Mags are playing it cautiously. To assume the worst form Mags missing a spring training game is absurd.

Jabroni
03-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Last I check it was one preseason game that doesn't matter. Mags isn't fighting for a spot and the only good that could come out of the game is tweaking Mags injury. Since there isn't a history with anyone else having this injury before, I think the Tigers and Mags are playing it cautiously. To assume the worst form Mags missing a spring training game is absurd.If he's healthy like he said he was, why isn't he playing? Doesn't that cast serious doubts to his claims?

SoxxoS
03-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Horrible injury, but what a game...:bandance:

Everyone in the bar that I was watching it at let out a collective *gasp*. One guy almost threw up his chicken wing :o::smile:

TheBull19
03-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Time will tell but for the money invested he better be after this season.

Lip

The Tigers would probably be better if Maggs isn't healthy, since they'd just owe him the 6 mil

UofCSoxFan
03-04-2005, 03:01 AM
The sad thing about this was that Mags used to be my favorite player. I don't fault him for pursuing free agency in order to capitalize on his abiliity (after all this is America, built on the spirit of capitalism). If someone was willing to pay him fine...go for it....I'd do the same thing. What I didn't like was the comments he made afterwards. Mags acted rationally in attempting to get the most money he could and the Sox acted just as rationally by not overpaying for goods that they weren't even allowed to inspect. The Sox did not lo ball Mags as the offered him close to what he ended up signing for. All Mags had to do was leave town gracefully...sure he would have still pissed a lot of people off by seeming disloyal...but I could have at least understood his motives. Yet he made a fool out of himself by trying to get a last parting shot in. You can't have it both ways....you can't treat it like a business when you are trying to gain money, but then call it disrespect when your employer decides not to rehire you at your price.

That being said I hope he's healthy for the games against the Sox so we can have El Duque put him on his ass and then come back and strike him out.

And if he never plays an inning again I'll have to console myself somehow :whiner:

FedEx227
03-04-2005, 10:41 AM

:D::D:
http://members.surfbest.net/bulls_nation@surfbest.net/MaggsKnee.jpg

flo-B-flo
03-05-2005, 05:35 PM
You guys are nuts.:kukoo:

Fredsox
03-06-2005, 09:13 AM
http://www.freep.com/sports/tigers/tnotes4e_20050304.htm

More on Ordonez not playing.
"Trammell is taking it easy with Ordonez and Guillen because they are returning from season-ending knee surgery. Trammell said Thursday that Ordonez could play right now.

"We're being very cautious," said Trammell, who suggested that Ordonez could debut in about a week."

And

"Ordonez looks forward not just to batting, but playing the outfield.

"My knee feels excellent," he said Thursday morning before working out at the team's base in Lakeland, Fla."

Maybe I'm being too black & white in my thinking, but if he's healthy and his knee feels excellent, he should be out there playing. If he's healed and he can run in drills then he should be playing. One can only surmise the the knee is still weak. Trammel rationalizes by saying a player only needs 40 at-bats in ST to get ready, which may be true, but this is a guy who has not played against live pitching since August.

Compare this approach to how the Sox are talking about Thomas. They've said on several occasions that after he gets physically healthy he needs to get into "baseball shape" because he hasn't played in a long time, and they've floated 4-6 weeks of practice before he gets into a regular season game.

I've got to believe that Ordonez is farther along than Thomas, but not by too much.

Cubbiesuck13
03-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Fredsox, Maggs was seen walking without a limp. I don't think Thomas can yet. It could be that Maggs is healthy enough to play but they are being cautious because he did have 2 knee operations and there is no reason to play in ST. He has all ready said that he only needs two (2) weeks to get ready for the regular season.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-06-2005, 09:32 AM
I would think what I'm about to say ought to be obvious.

Knee injuries aren't like broken bones or muscle tears. They're never the same again.

Maggs could cruise for three solid months saying the same **** we're hearing right now. "I'm fine, I feel great, nothing is wrong, blah, blah, blah..." The very next afternoon he's liable to fall in a heap running down to first base.

Big Talk doesn't count for ****. I'll have learned all I need to know about Magglio's knee when it's September 15 and the Tigers' new DH (!) hasn't missed a day on the DL.

All the brave talk in the world from Magglio and the Tigers doesn't change the date on the calendar. It's March!

Flight #24
03-09-2005, 12:04 PM
I would think what I'm about to say ought to be obvious.

Knee injuries aren't like broken bones or muscle tears. They're never the same again.

Maggs could cruise for three solid months saying the same **** we're hearing right now. "I'm fine, I feel great, nothing is wrong, blah, blah, blah..." The very next afternoon he's liable to fall in a heap running down to first base.

Big Talk doesn't count for ****. I'll have learned all I need to know about Magglio's knee when it's September 15 and the Tigers' new DH (!) hasn't missed a day on the DL.

All the brave talk in the world from Magglio and the Tigers doesn't change the date on the calendar. It's March!

From your lips to god's ears PHG.....

Magglio Ordonez has had a bit of a setback and will not make his spring debut today.
''He will not play before Friday,'' manager Alan Trammell said. ''He said he wants to run the bases again. That's fine.'' Mar. 9 - 4:12 am et

Gee, you mean that a knee injury can flare up AFTER workouts, not during????? It's a good thing that repeated stress on it won't result in recurrence or worsening of the condition or anything.....

Stroker Ace
03-09-2005, 12:29 PM
If his knee is at full strength, then why isn't he playing in any ST games?