PDA

View Full Version : *Official* March 2 post-game thread

PaleHoseGeorge
03-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Keep it all in here.

PAPChiSox729
03-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Keep it all in here.

Marte and Diaz did poorly today. It was very disappointing to see them struggle, especially Marte. It was nice to see Pods go 3-3 with a bunt single, though.

Baby Fisk
03-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Crede, crede, crede... As someone mentioned in chat: he needs to be told that Swinging on the First Pitch is not a rule!

On the upside, PH13 will love to hear how Pods did. :thumbsup:

ChiWhiteSox1337
:chickenlittle
Posting in preparation of "the season's over!" after one silly ST loss. However, it was good to hear Farmer and Rooney.

Flight #24
Marte and Diaz did poorly today. It was very disappointing to see them struggle, especially Marte. It was nice to see Pods go 3-3 with a bunt single, though.

From what I heard it appeared that Crede was in midseason form. Unfortunately, it was his 2004 season. Shingo, Vizcaino, Adkins, Pods, Iguchi seemed to look good.

The Racehorse
I just blew 3 hours listening to the game instead of studying... I dunno about the Sox, but I'm in mid-season form. :cool:

Great to see Pods produce.

As for Marte, throw strikes tiger, PLEASE.

BigEdWalsh
03-02-2005, 05:05 PM
From what I heard it appeared that Crede was in midseason form. Unfortunately, it was his 2004 season. Shingo, Vizcaino, Adkins, Pods, Iguchi seemed to look good.

Don't forget my man. Fields....:D:

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Don't forget my man. Fields....:D:
It was good to hear Fields get that hit in his first AB. It gives us hope for the future of the abyss known as third base on the white sox...

SOXSINCE'70
03-02-2005, 05:09 PM
It's only one game,but work on the situational hitting,
huh guys?? Marte and Diaz sucked.Not a good way to start
ST.:(: I don't care if the games don't count,I want to win as
often as possible.And,as a poster said earlier,
Crede,Crede,Crede".:tsk: :tsk:

MUsoxfan
03-02-2005, 05:10 PM
I'm loving Pods already. He'll have all the haters converted by May 1

SOXintheBURGH
03-02-2005, 05:10 PM
How did Iguchi perform?

Jjav829
03-02-2005, 05:11 PM
It's just great to hear White Sox baseball again. Pods, what can you say, great debut! It's not worth worrying about anything after one game. Just the same, I'm not gonna go overboard on Pods or anyone else for having a good first game. But it's definitely nice to see our leadoff man force the action. Let's get a W versus the D'backs tomorrow!

The Racehorse
03-02-2005, 05:11 PM
How did Iguchi perform?

I think he was an o'fer at the plate... but handled the glove work.

Jabroni
03-02-2005, 05:12 PM
How did Iguchi perform?He made contact in both at bats. He lined out to 2B on his first AB and he grounded to the SS on his second AB.

gobears1987
03-02-2005, 05:17 PM
And the SB. I hope to see a ton of that. I'm not worried about Marte, it's his 1st ST game, lets see what he does the rest of March.

PAPChiSox729
03-02-2005, 05:17 PM
He made contact in both at bats. He lined out to 2B on his first AB and he grounded to the SS on his second AB.

IBelieve he also had a sac bunt but reached after the pitcher booted it. Or was that someone else?

TheBull19
03-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Marte and Diaz sucked.Not a good way to start
ST.:(:

Who cares if Marte sucked? His only concern is to get his army ready for opening day.

03-02-2005, 05:22 PM
If we start getting pissed at Spring training games, we are all going to have heart attacks....this was SP game, the first one at that! Get the rust off in March, bring it in April!

ilsox7
03-02-2005, 05:27 PM
I wish anyone who bitched and moaned from now until opening day would be banned. Spring frickin' training people.

The Racehorse
03-02-2005, 05:28 PM
If we start getting pissed at Spring training games, we are all going to have heart attacks....this was SP game, the first one at that! Get the rust off in March, bring it in April!

Heh, heh... I get pissed when the score is tied in ST games. Everyone needs a hobby. :D:

MRKARNO
03-02-2005, 05:35 PM
I'm not too worried about the results of the games at this point, but by about March 20th, they better be getting at the level that they intend to play at the entire year.

JB98
03-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Who cares if Marte sucked? His only concern is to get his army ready for opening day.

Marte has sucked every spring since he's been with the Sox, if my recollections are correct. I'm not worried about him at all.

In the fourth inning, the Colorado pitcher walked the bases loaded. Then, Rowand swung at the first pitch and hit it right back to the pitcher. Rally-killer. The Sox should have scored more runs today than they did, but pitching tends to be ahead of the hitting in these early games.

I'm still not a big believer in Podsednik, but today was a nice start for him.

mcfish
03-02-2005, 05:55 PM
I wish anyone who bitched and moaned from now until opening day would be banned. Spring frickin' training people.What are you people reading? I wish that people who called for immaginary posters to get banned would get a grip. No one is bitching and moaning. People pointed out that Marte sucked, and he did. Except for that, it has been positive here and it was in chat during the game as well. Besides, it's White Sox baseball; there will always be bitching and moaning.

By the way: Podsednik was as awesome as I hoped he would be. I really hope he keeps it up and has a solid year. It would be such a tremendous spark for the team.

duke of dorwood
03-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Had an anxious moment when Pods started the game hitting the wall-I sure with the manager would realize the right handed thrower should be in left before someone gets killed

thepaulbowski
03-02-2005, 06:13 PM
And the SB. I hope to see a ton of that. I'm not worried about Marte, it's his 1st ST game, lets see what he does the rest of March.

Remember, everybody was ready to send Shingo back overseas after last years spring training. Take these game for what they are worth.

infohawk
03-02-2005, 06:22 PM
At this point in the Spring we should be paying more attention to individual performances, and with a grain of salt at that. By the last ten games or so, however, we need to focus more attention on how the team is playing as a whole. Sounds like it was a good start for Pods. I haven't accessed a box score yet, so who made the error?

JB98
03-02-2005, 06:42 PM
At this point in the Spring we should be paying more attention to individual performances, and with a grain of salt at that. By the last ten games or so, however, we need to focus more attention on how the team is playing as a whole. Sounds like it was a good start for Pods. I haven't accessed a box score yet, so who made the error?

Dustin Hermanson. He made an errant pick-off throw to first base. He struck out the next hitter to retire the side. Error was not costly.

Chicago83
03-02-2005, 07:57 PM
What happened at the end of the game? I left late when it was 4-1 Rockies, who scored for us and who let up the runs to the rockies?

chisoxmike
03-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Is this box score right... is says F Thomas played center field, is there another F Thomas in the minors, or did Frank play?

Batter Pos AB R H RBI
S Podsednik LF 3 0 3 0
R Sweeney LF 2 0 2 0
T Iguchi 2B 2 0 0 0
P Lopez 2B 1 1 0 0
C Everett DH 2 0 0 0
C Rogowski DH 3 1 1 0
P Konerko 1B 3 0 1 0
J Toca 1B 2 0 1 2
J Dye RF 1 0 0 0
T Alvarez RF 2 0 0 0
A Pierzynski C 1 0 0 0
C Widger C 3 0 0 0
A Rowand CF 3 0 1 0
F Thomas CF 2 1 0 0
J Crede 3B 3 0 0 0
J Fields 3B 1 0 1 1
J Uribe SS 2 1 2 0
W Valdez SS 2 0 0 0
J Adkins P 0 0 0 0
C Politte P 0 0 0 0
S Takatsu P 0 0 0 0
D Hermanson P 0 0 0 0
D Marte P 0 0 0 0
L Vizcaino P 0 0 0 0
N Cotts P 0 0 0 0
F Diaz P 0 0 0 0
Totals 38 4 12 3
N Cotts 1 3 1 1 0 0 0
F Diaz 1 3 4 4 1 1 1

ilsox7
03-02-2005, 08:32 PM
What are you people reading? I wish that people who called for immaginary posters to get banned would get a grip. No one is bitching and moaning. People pointed out that Marte sucked, and he did. Except for that, it has been positive here and it was in chat during the game as well. Besides, it's White Sox baseball; there will always be bitching and moaning.

By the way: Podsednik was as awesome as I hoped he would be. I really hope he keeps it up and has a solid year. It would be such a tremendous spark for the team.

Look around this thread and look around the Clubhouse. Look at the last 4 months. WAY too much complaining going on. People need to sit back and enjoy spring training. Luckily some people here do that. Others decide to focus on whether we won or lost today, when that should not be the focus at all. It just gets annoying that all we've heard for 4 months is complaining. I'm done with this now. I'm gonna go actually enjoy the fact that it's baseball season again.

Jjav829
03-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Is this box score right... is says F Thomas played center field, is there another F Thomas in the minors, or did Frank play?

It's technically true. They had Frank out there in a wheelchair and Rowand pushing him around, chasing every ball. Sounds like it was quite a scene. Too bad the game wasn't on TV.

stl_sox_fan
03-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Great to see Pods have a good game. Why oh Why am I seeing Josh Adkins start?
How does Marte get pinned with the loss when Cotts and Diaz gave up the last 5 runs?

Yeah, offseason is over!!!!! :supernana:

Saluki 4-Peat in the Valley!!!!

MUsoxfan
03-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Great to see Pods have a good game. Why oh Why am I seeing Josh Adkins start?
How does Marte get pinned with the loss when Cotts and Diaz gave up the last 5 runs?

Jon Adkins started. Cotts and Diaz didn't give up the run that lost the game. W's and L's don't matter in Spring Training

the_valenstache
03-02-2005, 08:44 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050303/capt.azca10903030020.rockies_white_sox_azca109.jpg

Asian Maggs? I don't know about anyone else but I did a double take at this pic.

Arms are a little too skinny. Knees are a little too functional.

stl_sox_fan
03-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Jon Adkins started. Cotts and Diaz didn't give up the run that lost the game. W's and L's don't matter in Spring Training

Nit/Pick

mccombe_35
03-02-2005, 09:08 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050303/capt.azca10903030020.rockies_white_sox_azca109.jpg

Asian Maggs? I don't know about anyone else but I did a double take at this pic.

Arms are a little too skinny. Knees are a little too functional.

1st spring training game & I'm already nervous about opening day......... that 9th inning loss in KC last year stilll hurts.

Hope the bats get going early this year!

SOX ADDICT '73
03-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Nit/Pick
I'm going to stand up for MUsoxfan here. He didn't rip into you for misspelling the name of some non-roster invitee. He gently admonished you in his quote of your post by correctly spelling and bolding the name of a pitcher who, IIRC, spent all of 2004 on the big league squad. Heck, I get annoyed when people call Garland or Adkins "John" in their posts.:wink:

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-02-2005, 10:18 PM
was the game on TV?

SOX ADDICT '73
03-02-2005, 10:25 PM
The Sox should have scored more runs today than they did, but pitching tends to be ahead of the hitting in these early games.
Obviously, since our pitchers were so far ahead of their hitters.

I'm not concerned. The difference in the game was the four-spot given up by Diaz in the top of the 9th. I wasn't too impressed with him last year (other than the win against the sCrUBS :smile:), and he seems to be picking up right where he left off. There's no way he makes this club anyway. Bring on the D-backs!

(Slightly embarassing admission: I've already set my VCR to record every televised ST game so I can watch them when I get home :tongue:.)

Palehose13
03-03-2005, 12:34 AM
Crede, crede, crede... As someone mentioned in chat: he needs to be told that Swinging on the First Pitch is not a rule!

On the upside, PH13 will love to hear how Pods did. :thumbsup:

Oh yes. I am very happy. Podsednik is a TEAM player. I believe that he knows what his role is on this team. With the Brewers, he tried to do everything. Their offense was pathetic last season. I think Pods knows that he has guys behind him that will drive him in, so he will drive the ball and not try for the HR. I will state right now that Sox fans will be very happy with Podsednik this year and hope that he roams the OF at Comiskey for the rest of his career. Am I going overboard? Maybe, but I am a little too drinky right now and will gladly eat crow if he is riding the pine in favor of Carl by midseason. I gotta order my Podesednik jersey...less than a month til exhibition game here in Mil-town!!!!

spawn
03-03-2005, 08:27 AM
It was only the first game, but here's what I was happy with...1 error. Time will tell if our defense is any better, but lately we've been one of the worst fielding teams during ST. That we had 1 to Colorado's 3 is encouraging.

DaleJRFan
03-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Posting in preparation of "the season's over!" after one silly ST loss.

This team sucks. Marte is horrible. He lost it. Diaz is even worse. Uribe getting picked off of second shows last season was a fluke. Cancel the 2005 season. I already put all of my tickets on eBay.

Jeez...

After Gload goes 3-4 with 2 doubles and 3 RBIs today, maybe we'll have something to be excited about!

:cool:

Scotty347
03-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Yes they decided to give Frank's ankle a real test by throwing him out there in CF.

:wink: