PDA

View Full Version : Rick Mahler passed away

hose
03-02-2005, 04:41 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-ap-bbn-obit-mahler,1,5115427.story?coll=sns-ap-sports-headlines&ctrack=2&cset=true

Only 51 years old...

The Racehorse
03-02-2005, 04:45 PM
R.I.P.
51 years old is just way to young for people to keel over like that. :(:

Lip Man 1
03-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Man it seemed like only yesterday I was watching him on WTBS and Skip Caray was talking about him.

I think he was the guy who got Ted Turner to agree to buy him a tractor as part of his Braves deal. One problem though (at least for Ted,) Mahler had a very specific type of tractor in the contract.

The tractor cost 80,000!!!!! (It had air conditioning, stereo speakers, automatic transmission, the works...)

Turner about had a heart attack when he got the bill...LOL

Lip

thepaulbowski
03-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Man it seemed like only yesterday I was watching him on WTBS and Skip Caray was talking about him.

I think he was the guy who got Ted Turner to agree to buy him a tractor as part of his Braves deal. One problem though (at least for Ted,) Mahler had a very specific type of tractor in the contract.

The tractor cost 80,000!!!!! (It had air conditioning, stereo speakers, automatic transmission, the works...)

Turner about had a heart attack when he got the bill...LOL

Lip

At least somebody got to stick it Turner!!!! I met him a few times when I was kid at spring training. He always seemed to be a down to earth guy.