PDA

View Full Version : Jon Adkins has the right idea.

Jurr
03-02-2005, 08:30 AM
His quote from the Trib:

"Whether I'm here with the team or in [Triple-A] Charlotte, I know they're going to make this the best unit possible," said Adkins, who had a 4.65 ERA in 50 relief appearances with the Sox last season but has minor-league options.

"Management deserves that, these guys deserve that and so does the city. If I'm in Charlotte, I'll do whatever I can to get back here. I'll try to force the issue or at least try to make this team."

Man...if we can get all the guys to share this attitude, we're going to be alright this year.

SoxFanTillDeath
03-02-2005, 09:37 AM
I have really been impressed by this guy. He's got a great attitude and never complained last year, even when he was struggling and thrown into tough situations when our bullpen was tired.

Now if he could only turn into the great pitcher that we all expected when we traded Durham for him...

MisterB
03-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Now if he could only turn into the great pitcher that we all expected when we traded Durham for him...

Is this a job for...

:tealpolice: ?

:D:

Cubbiesuck13
03-03-2005, 05:44 AM
I am going to love watching him come to Norfolk to play the Tides. I hope B-MAC starts in AAA this year as well. They are going to have a pretty good team. Boy, I can't wait for the start of the regular season.

DaleJRFan
03-03-2005, 11:59 AM
I am going to love watching him come to Norfolk to play the Tides. I hope B-MAC starts in AAA this year as well. They are going to have a pretty good team. Boy, I can't wait for the start of the regular season.

Granted it was the first Spring Training game of 05, but man... Adkins sounded tough yesterday. 93-94mph fastball, tight breaking curve balanced with a good change... I hope this lasts.