PDA

View Full Version : You are NOT going to believe this...WSI on WGN!!!!!

hsnterprize
03-02-2005, 09:00 AM
I was shocked when I saw the picture, but you're reading right...WSI was shown on WGN's Morning News this morning. There was a picture of Lorelei from Mark Liptak's interview with her, and the anchors used her picture to promote the Loop's need for "another Loop girl."

It would've been nice to see/hear the anchors say something about the site, but the idea that it was even featured on the World's Gaudiest Network is something in and of itself.

And in case you're wondering, all the WSI pull down menus and such were clearly visible. The URL wasn't though, but anyone who's familiar with the site would've instantly recognized it.

And...WSI wasn't mentioned by name during this segment.

munchman33
03-02-2005, 09:05 AM
And in case you're wondering, all the WSI pull down menus and such were clearly visible. The URL wasn't though...

George you should sue.

Hangar18
03-02-2005, 09:59 AM
And...WSI wasn't mentioned by name during this segment.

If this was cubbyinteractive, they wouldve talked at length about the site,
and how the Fans are so dedicated and so hard-core, that they created
their own site, and interview ex players, and have tons of features,
and that many Interactive users meet and greet each other, and that
there are people All over the World among its members .......

nahhhhhhhhh

daveeym
03-02-2005, 10:02 AM
I only ever hear about WSI and a boston board or two ever actually getting mentioned in the media. Keep it coming guys.

Brian26
03-02-2005, 10:03 AM
I get all tingly knowing that Allison Payne might be reading this message right now.

Medford Bobby
03-02-2005, 11:59 AM
:smile:THe high noon FOX32 newsbabe anchor is a big Sox fan...........:D:

SOXintheBURGH
03-02-2005, 12:02 PM
I get all tingly knowing that Allison Payne might be reading this message right now.

She is, and she's thinking "I just have to meet this Hangar18 fellow.."

Foulke You
03-02-2005, 12:54 PM
If this was cubbyinteractive, they wouldve talked at length about the site,
and how the Fans are so dedicated and so hard-core, that they created
their own site, and interview ex players, and have tons of features,
and that many Interactive users meet and greet each other, and that
there are people All over the World among its members .......

nahhhhhhhhh

You're right there Hangar. Instead, they just used the site for the information careful not to mention a site that could show that not everyone in Chicago roots for the Cubs.:angry:

Lip Man 1
03-02-2005, 12:59 PM
One correction...I didn't do that interview with Lorelei. It was PHG.

:smile:

Lip

davenicholson
03-02-2005, 01:31 PM
:)

Clembasbal
03-02-2005, 01:36 PM
:smile:THe high noon FOX32 newsbabe anchor is a big Sox fan...........:D:

I believe she went to Queen of Peace - well at least one of the WGN girls did - I wanna say Robin Garner. Is she the high noon babe? ( I am going to check it out now).

Hangar18
03-02-2005, 02:37 PM
She is, and she's thinking "I just have to meet this Hangar18 fellow.."

I had a bowl of chili with Stacia Dubin of CBS channel 2 once! :smile:

fusillirob1983
03-02-2005, 03:38 PM
I believe she went to Queen of Peace - well at least one of the WGN girls did - I wanna say Robin Garner. Is she the high noon babe? ( I am going to check it out now).

Robin Baumgarten, she did traffic in the morning on WGN, but I think she's a morning anchor now.

Clembasbal
03-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Robin Baumgarten, she did traffic in the morning on WGN, but I think she's a morning anchor now.

There you go...thanks for that little bit of trivia history.

bafiarocks03
03-02-2005, 04:16 PM
I was watching CLTV Sports Page thing, and they were talking about Magglio, and how the fans felt about it, and the guy said something like..I've looked on the White Sox fan site White Sox Interactive, and the fans dont' seem to be unhappy about maggs leaving or something like that! i was surprised, cuz i've never heard this site mentioned before!!:bandance:

Brian26
03-02-2005, 04:17 PM
I had a bowl of chili with Stacia Dubin of CBS channel 2 once! :smile:

No wonder she left town! :D:

hose
03-02-2005, 05:00 PM

:smile:

Lip

Rank has it's privileges:gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
03-02-2005, 05:05 PM

Lip
Rank has it's privileges:gulp:

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/9703/oscars/best.supporting.actor/macy.jpg
"You're darn tootin'! (http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/tootin.wav)"

:bandance:

hsnterprize
03-02-2005, 08:07 PM
I had a bowl of chili with Stacia Dubin of CBS channel 2 once! :smile:That's probably why she went on and got married to some doctor this past New Year's Day; needed someone to help pump her stomach.

SOXPHILE
03-02-2005, 08:22 PM
I saw that this morning on WGN too and was gonna post about it, but you beat me to the punch ! I was sort of wondering if they were going to at least say what website it was on, but then I remembered which station I was watching...

TornLabrum
03-02-2005, 09:19 PM

Trivia question: What do TornLabrum and Robin Baumbarten have in common

Answer: TornLabrum taught at QOP and Baumgarten was a student there (unfortunately at different times).

Brian26
03-02-2005, 09:22 PM
That's probably why she went on and got married to some doctor this past New Year's Day; needed someone to help pump her stomach.

Feder basically ran this chick out of town after she said in an interview that she couldn't wait to "get offered a job in NYC". Don't let the door hit you on the way out, honey...

Brian26
03-02-2005, 09:24 PM

I was going to guess that Robin Baumgarten was the younger sister of Ross Baumgarten, former Sox pitcher.

Medford Bobby
03-03-2005, 02:34 AM
:cool: The FOX32 newsbabe anchor is Tamoran Hall...who is a HUGE Sox fannnnnnnnn!!!:smile:

fusillirob1983
03-03-2005, 02:40 AM

Answer: TornLabrum taught at QOP and Baumgarten was a student there (unfortunately at different times).

How long ago did you work there? I'm currently a maintenance worker during summer/winter breaks from college.

Sox-on-TV44
03-06-2005, 03:53 PM
:cool: The FOX32 newsbabe anchor is Tamoran Hall...who is a HUGE Sox fannnnnnnnn!!!:smile:
Yeah!Take that,Bruce Wolf!!!!!!:cool:

hsnterprize
03-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Feder basically ran this chick out of town after she said in an interview that she couldn't wait to "get offered a job in NYC". Don't let the door hit you on the way out, honey...And here's the sad part about that whole situation. I read the article where she said that. She was talking about her time moving up in the biz, when all of a sudden, she decided to mention how she'd go to New York if the opportunity came. Now, while I don't necessarily blame her for aspiring to go to the #1 media market in the country, I think she suffered from a brief case of "foot-in-her-mouth" disease when she said it. She said her infamous quote in the Wisconsin Jewish Chronicle (http://www.jewishchronicle.org), and if you want to be even more specific...here's the article featuring her and a few other Milwaukeeans who've made it on TV. (http://www.jewishchronicle.org/current/20031219/localnews2.htm)

She was a very nice lady. In a sense, I was hoping after a few months away from CBS 2 that she would turn up again...maybe at WGN's Morning Show. She has the personality to work that kind of a gig, but what do I know. Maybe she'll try to make a comback in Milwaukee, but I've read online that some viewers may be turned off to her since she left Fox 6 up there. I've only met her in person once, and other reporters I've worked with said she was a very nice person. I wish her well in her marriage. Just the next time she gets a TV gig...keep the foot out of the mouth...it may kick you when you least expect it.

hsnterprize
03-06-2005, 08:35 PM

Answer: TornLabrum taught at QOP and Baumgarten was a student there (unfortunately at different times).For those of us who aren't in the know...what's QOP?

markopat
03-06-2005, 08:59 PM
For those of us who aren't in the know...what's QOP?

Here you go...

http://oicofamerica.org/QOP.asp

TornLabrum
03-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Here you go...

http://oicofamerica.org/QOP.asp

Or Queen of Peace High School