PDA

View Full Version : WSI Sox pitching poll- No!!!

Fake Chet Lemon
03-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Everytime I logon and see that "Everyone needs to earn a spot in the rotation" is still leading on our poll I get crazy. To everyone who voted for that, are you serious? This is a veteran pitching staff. If Buhrle has a bad spring are you going to send him to the pen? If Orlando or Freddy don't dominate this spring are you going to tell them come April "Sorry guys, take your gloves to the bullpen." Even Garland, the guys wins double digits and gives 200 innings plus every year. He goes to AAA with a bad March? With that mentality, Shingu is on a slow boat back to Japan last year before the season started. If one of these guys is 0-3 with an 8.59 ERA at the end of April and Neil Cotts is dominating, I'll listen then. But not now, the rotation is set. Do I have anyone wishing they had voted differently now??? Come on, confession is good for the soul. If you disagree, go ahead and blow up my logic. :angry:

Chisox003
03-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Everytime I logon and see that "Everyone needs to earn a spot in the rotation" is still leading on our poll I get crazy. To everyone who voted for that, are you serious? This is a veteran pitching staff. If Buhrle has a bad spring are you going to send him to the pen? If Orlando or Freddy don't dominate this spring are you going to tell them come April "Sorry guys, take your gloves to the bullpen." Even Garland, the guys wins double digits and gives 200 innings plus every year. He goes to AAA with a bad March? With that mentality, Shingu is on a slow boat back to Japan last year before the season started. If one of these guys is 0-3 with an 8.59 ERA at the end of April and Neil Cotts is dominating, I'll listen then. But not now, the rotation is set. Do I have anyone wishing they had voted differently now??? Come on, confession is good for the soul. If you disagree, go ahead and blow up my logic. :angry:

My vote went to:
This is a joke right, so where is the churros choice?

The rotation is set...Bring on April 4th

Vestigio
03-01-2005, 11:14 PM
My vote went to:
This is a joke right, so where is the churros choice?

The rotation is set...Bring on April 4th

Thats what I voted for also...

Mohoney
03-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Come on, confession is good for the soul. If you disagree, go ahead and blow up my logic. :angry:

I voted that everybody needs to earn their spot only because I want Jon Garland to actually produce something tangible that suggests that he will be a fixture in our rotation for years. In fact, I would love it if either McCarthy or the Korean guy that tried out today looked so far ahead of Garland in terms of both stuff and mentality this Spring that Garland ends up as trade bait for a great pitcher at the trade deadline.

If Garland looks significantly improved the first two months of this season (he loses less than 4 games and posts a sub-4.35 ERA), then by all means keep him, as long as he's counted on to be the 5th starter and nothing more (no playoff starts). By playoff time, if we win the division, he wins 14 or 15 games, loses less than 10, and keeps the ERA under 4.35, I would even go so far as to give him a Game 4 start over Contreras if these numbers are better than what Contreras puts up.

VivaOzzie
03-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Well the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place choices really mean the same thing - to leave the rotation as is. They are just all worded different. I voted to leave the rotation as is also...and we're up like 57% to 37%, so no worries. Although I do have to question what the hell that 37% were thinking...:?: