PDA

View Full Version : Interesting opinions from Indians Fans

cburns
03-01-2005, 05:31 PM
http://mb3.scout.com/fclevelandindiansfrm1.showMessage?topicID=6097.top ic

At least some people were defending Big Hurt.

PAPChiSox729
03-01-2005, 05:47 PM
I especially noticed the poster that said Ken Harvey was Frank Thomas Jr. So I take it that he will be a first-ballot HOF also? Most of those rankings were ridiculous, especially concerning CF and DH. We'll see who the best is come the regular season.

Jabroni
03-01-2005, 05:48 PM
I think I lost some brain cells reading their ridiculous rankings. :?:

fusillirob1983
03-01-2005, 05:59 PM
I know it's an Indians board, but they really seem to overvalue their team, much worse than people here do.

SoxFan76
03-01-2005, 09:19 PM
I know it's an Indians board, but they really seem to overvalue their team, much worse than people here do.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I really hope we aren't like that...

Huisj
03-01-2005, 09:41 PM

I don't think the majority of posters here is in terribly danger of that lately. We're a fairly pessimistic crew about our own players sometime.

There were a few years after the whole "kids can play" era and then after the 2000 season where a lot of sox fans seemed to maybe overvalue our prospects and young players, but a lot of that has gone away as we've watched a number of them come up and do basically nothing for a few years now. I think that in the years after Ordonez and Lee came up and contributed pretty good early on, a lot of people expected that other people would too. When Kip Wells came up at the end of '99 and pitched quite well, a lot of people had him penciled in at the #2 stud starter in 2000. When Garland came up in July 2000 after dominating AAA for half the year, people thought he would dominate too. Neither of them did, and both ended up with ERAs around 6 that year I think. That's kind of when sox fans started to shift from being super optimistic to fairly pessimistic about impact expected from young players.

I don't know, I'm just rambling here kind of . . .

Chisox003
03-01-2005, 09:50 PM
I don't think the majority of posters here is in terribly danger of that lately. We're a fairly pessimistic crew about our own players sometime.

There were a few years after the whole "kids can play" era and then after the 2000 season where a lot of sox fans seemed to maybe overvalue our prospects and young players, but a lot of that has gone away as we've watched a number of them come up and do basically nothing for a few years now. I think that in the years after Ordonez and Lee came up and contributed pretty good early on, a lot of people expected that other people would too. When Kip Wells came up at the end of '99 and pitched quite well, a lot of people had him penciled in at the #2 stud starter in 2000. When Garland came up in July 2000 after dominating AAA for half the year, people thought he would dominate too. Neither of them did, and both ended up with ERAs around 6 that year I think. That's kind of when sox fans started to shift from being super optimistic to fairly pessimistic about impact expected from young players.

I don't know, I'm just rambling here kind of . . .

I think White Sox fans are some of the most pessemistic fans I know of....

Hell, thats what 87 years of losing will do to you...

But this year, I feel like the offseason put together has given a lot more optimism for Sox fans.....We're just under the radar :wink:

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-01-2005, 10:04 PM
I stopped reading when someone had Paul Konerko tied for the worst 1b in the AL Central. What a friggin joke.

jake27
03-01-2005, 11:34 PM
no love for scotty po either. matt stairs better than him??:?:

MUsoxfan
03-01-2005, 11:44 PM
no love for scotty po either. matt stairs better than him??:?:

Yeah, that bugged me too. But Stairs is projected to bat .310 with at least 65sb's

pearso66
03-01-2005, 11:54 PM
No love for Dye either, Juan Gone better than him? he hasnt had a good year in 3 years, and is a minor league signee. If both are 100% I take Dye, better all around, in my oppinion. Although if healthy, yes maggs sh ould be 1.

I did see a lot of love for Rowand though.

idseer
03-02-2005, 07:27 AM

you have the right to hope. :cool:

SOXintheBURGH
03-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Drillrods.

For awhile there, the Indians were my most hated team in the AL, replaced by the Twins the past few years. I can't wait to get back into full-fledged Tribe hatred mode.

Baby Fisk
03-02-2005, 11:37 AM
These people are out of their minds and grossly underestimating the Sox. Fortunately, they will start to look at the world differently after April 4, 6 & 7. :cool:

BTW -- get rid of your idiotic team logo you morons!

MUsoxfan
03-02-2005, 11:50 AM

Not to get in an argument or anything, but I happen to like the logo

Baby Fisk
03-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Not to get in an argument or anything, but I happen to like the logo

OK, then we won't argue about it.

Norberto7
03-02-2005, 02:01 PM

Everything about "Chief Wahoo", from his face to his name, is potentially offensive to Native Americans, but that logo is just so funny I couldn't imagine the Indians without it. Long live Chief Wahoo!

Baby Fisk
03-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Everything about "Chief Wahoo", from his face to his name, is potentially offensive to Native Americans, but that logo is just so funny I couldn't imagine the Indians without it. Long live Chief Wahoo!

In this day and age of "market-driven" black uniforms and multiple logos, wouldn't Cleveland benefit from a huge rebranding? New name, new logo...sales through the roof to offset the cost of the name change overall. Any marketing experts out there? :?: