PDA

View Full Version : What about Dusty?

Viva Medias B's
03-01-2005, 10:25 AM
I am not sure if this post belongs here or in the Roadhouse because there is an overlap between the two boards' themes in this post.

We have Jay Mariotti and Phil Rogers calling out Ozzie Guillen for his comments against Magglio Ordonez. It is one thing to do that, even though Guillen's comments were right on the money because Ordonez is a liar. However, how come this same media continues to kiss Dusty Baker's [arse]?

Even if Guillen is as guilty as hell of being a hypocrite for his comments, that cannot be half as bad as the track record Dusty Baker has left in his wake. First and foremost, Baker has allowed the proliferation of steroids in both of the clubhouses that he has led. Dusty also sucks as a manager with his teams having had success despite him. Yet, when some courageous media soul (such as Brad Palmer a year ago) dares to call Baker out on something, Dusty bristles and the other media girls giggle. And this same damn media crucifies Ozzie for something far less serious.

That is the real hypocrisy!

Uncle_Patrick
03-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Dusty wears Cubbie blue. It has some hypnotic effect on the media. Once he leaves the Cubs, the press will be ripping him apart.

kittle42
03-01-2005, 12:28 PM
In Dusty We Trusty.

Baby Fisk
03-01-2005, 12:34 PM
:sahaf
"Praise Dusty! um... You folks know I have to invoice you even if it's just for two words, right?"

Fake Chet Lemon
03-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Any time Mariotti has a chance to be critical of anything related to Reinsdorf, he will be because it's personal with him- NOT PROFESSIONAL. So who cares what he thinks.

SpammySosa
03-01-2005, 09:35 PM
The difference between Ozzie and Magglio is Ozzie felt betrayed because he loved the Sox so much he was even willing to take a paycut tp remain in Chicago. Magglio was offered a ton of dough to stay but he wanted to go to even greener pa$ture$. Moronotti was dissing Ozzie/The Sox for being preoccupied with Magg's mouthing off,when it is the mediots who keep asking Ozzie and the team to comment on Magg's daily crybabying.

shoota
03-02-2005, 12:45 AM
Yet, when some courageous media soul (such as Brad Palmer a year ago) dares to call Baker out on something, Dusty bristles and the other media girls giggle.

I missed that. Do you remember the details? What was he calling Baker out for?

Viva Medias B's
03-02-2005, 12:56 AM
I missed that. Do you remember the details? What was he calling Baker out for?

Steriods. Here is the link (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29556&highlight=Brad+Palmer) from last spring when this episode took place in Mesa.

shoota
03-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Steriods. Here is the link (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29556&highlight=Brad+Palmer) from last spring when this episode took place in Mesa.

Good read. Thanks.