PDA

View Full Version : Rowand still hot


danman31
07-22-2001, 02:21 PM
Rowand with the RBI single there keeps swinging well. I know that it was a soft hit, but those are the sign of a hot hitter.

KingXerxes
12-30-2003, 01:34 PM
........so I thought I'd resurrect this one.

A little End O' the Year trivia here.

#1. Which team had the last roster with two future Hall of Famers on it?

#2. Which was the last team with the most future Hall of Famers on its roster? Hint - They had nine.

Iguana775
12-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
........so I thought I'd resurrect this one.

A little End O' the Year trivia here.

#1. Which team had the last roster with two future Hall of Famers on it?

#2. Which was the last team with the most future Hall of Famers on its roster? Hint - They had nine.

Devil Rays? lol

RKMeibalane
12-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
#1. Which team had the last roster with two future Hall of Famers on it?

1985 Chicago White Sox - Carlton Fisk and Tom Seaver

Originally posted by KingXerxes
#2. Which was the last team with the most future Hall of Famers on its roster? Hint - They had nine.

1972 Oakland Athletics

rmusacch
12-30-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
1985 Chicago White Sox - Carlton Fisk and Tom Seaver




1972 Oakland Athletics

The 1986 Sox had Steve Carlton and Carlton Fisk

Fisk72
12-30-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
The 1986 Sox had Steve Carlton and Carlton Fisk

How about Kirby Puckett and Dave Winfield in 1994? I believe that's the most recent...

RKMeibalane
12-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Fisk72
How about Kirby Puckett and Dave Winfield in 1994? I believe that's the most recent...

Actually, I just remembered something. The 1995 Cleveland Indians had both Eddie Murray and Dave Winfield on their roster. Winfield wasn't around long, but he hit a big home run on Memorial Day.

guillen4life13
12-31-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Actually, I just remembered something. The 1995 Cleveland Indians had both Eddie Murray and Dave Winfield on their roster. Winfield wasn't around long, but he hit a big home run on Memorial Day.

That team also had these possible future HOFers:

Manny Ramirez
Omar Vizquel
Albert Belle
Kenny Lofton
Orel Hershiser
and Jim Thome

That's quite a list!

doublem23
12-31-2003, 01:52 AM
If Orel Hersheshier makes it to the Hall of Fame, that will be a pile of horse****.

KingXerxes
12-31-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Actually, I just remembered something. The 1995 Cleveland Indians had both Eddie Murray and Dave Winfield on their roster. Winfield wasn't around long, but he hit a big home run on Memorial Day.

Correct! The 1995 Indians had Winfield and Murray on the roster.

As far as the second question goes, the New York Yankees had nine future hall of famers on their rosters in 1928, 1930, 1931, 1932 and 1933.

MarqSox
12-31-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
That team also had these possible future HOFers:

Manny Ramirez
Omar Vizquel
Albert Belle
Kenny Lofton
Orel Hershiser
and Jim Thome

That's quite a list!
How about the 2001 White Sox?
Jose Canseco
Frank Thomas
Magglio Ordonez
Harold Baines
David Wells

Probably only two or three of them will ever actually make the Hall, but considering that was one of the most disappointing Sox teams in recent memory (and there have been many), that's quite a list in its own right.

CubKilla
12-31-2003, 02:13 PM
Getting back to Rowand, what he does in Winterball does the White Sox no good if the only way he can get on base after Opening Day is to get HBP like in April and May of '03.

I hope it translates over into ST and the season.