PDA

View Full Version : Japan's talent level

chisox06
02-28-2005, 11:43 PM
A question I have always wondered for some time is how is the talent level in Japan compared to the minors here in the US? Ive never had the opportunity to follow Japanese baseball, but I'm sure some of you could shed some light on this, I even think their are a few members on this board that actually played over seas.

I think its safe to say that the Japanese super stars have had anywhere from big to moderate success with their transition to the majors, and I wont insult anyones intelligence by naming those who have succeeded more than others. You also get quite a few players that are fringe Major leaguers/AAA players going over seas and playing. How respectable do you think a Japanese hitters/pitchers numbers are, are they comparable to a guy in AAA and the rest of the minors? Just wondering what you all think.

StillMissOzzie
03-01-2005, 01:17 AM
I've wondered about this from time to time, too. Usually, the guys heading out to the far east from the USA are players on the downside of their career, and they'd rather play in Japan than hang on in AAA or get outright released from MLB.

SMO
:gulp: