PDA

View Full Version : Interesting read on Aaron Boone and his "shaping" of baseball history.

chisoxmike
02-28-2005, 10:26 PM
Interesting...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2001709

SOX ADDICT '73
02-28-2005, 10:48 PM
"Well, the Yankees would have won the World Series last year," he said, before we can even get the first question out. "No doubt about that. So the Red Sox would still be searching."
If Boone is still at 3B for the Yanks in 2004, then the deal Boston had for A-Rod probably goes through. Boston wins the division, SWEEPS the Yankees in the ALCS, and still wins the World Series. Sorry, Aaron.
(Keep in mind, I hate A-rod and hate the Yankees more. I'm just refuting Boone's crystal ball gazing.)

Jabroni
03-01-2005, 08:16 AM
If Boone is still at 3B for the Yanks in 2004, then the deal Boston had for A-Rod probably goes through.Don't forget, Nomar would be on the White Sox and Magg$ would be on the Red Sox.

Kuzman
03-01-2005, 12:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2001709

If A-Rod had been in Miami last October, then he never would have been wearing those pinstripes from February through September. So he never would have prompted that brawl at Fenway last summer. And he never would have karate-chopped the baseball out of Bronson Arroyo (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6498)'s glove in the LCS.
Which means he never would have set himself up to be a human Yankees dart board for the Red Sox. As if we could even comprehend him in any other role right now.

Wow, if only Aaron will get in another pickup game during the last week of the season only for the sox to go beat the indians by 1 game for the division title!

edit: sorry didnt see the other post. i r the noob.

Fenway
03-01-2005, 12:15 PM
personally I don't really care how it happened just overjoyed that it did:D:

RKMeibalane
03-01-2005, 04:32 PM
I think Aaron Boone has seriously overestimated his importance, but that's just me.

JUribe1989
03-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Hey Aaron as much as I don't like A-Rod, you will never compare to him. He is so much better than you at so many levels. And how many errors did you make in the 2003 World Series?

Brian26
03-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Don't forget, Nomar would be on the White Sox and Magg$ would be on the Red Sox.

And there would be a "Mia-Hamm" Day at the Cell this year. :bandance:

SOX ADDICT '73
03-02-2005, 02:51 PM
No, there wouldn't.

doublem23
03-02-2005, 03:08 PM

No, he'd have signed with the Dodgers.

Foulke You
03-02-2005, 04:52 PM
No, he'd have signed with the Dodgers.

Not necessarily, Reinsdorf reportedly had a good relationship with Nomar's agent and they were set to offer Nomar a long term deal should the trade have gone through.

Regardless if he signed or not, the White Sox would not have had "Mia Hamm Day" at Comiskey Park.:tongue:

MIgrenade
03-02-2005, 06:12 PM
I read that article and I thought it was stupid. Total overestimation of Boone's importance. How about Boone isn't as good as ARod and instead of slapping the ball out of Arroyos mit he just strikes out and there is no controversy. IMO just a stupid reason to include the Yankees in a story that should have been about the Indians.