PDA

View Full Version : Update on the CELL

Chisox003
02-27-2005, 02:34 PM
I was just there yesterday for a work orientation, and I got a good look into the ballpark....

The green seats arent in place yet, but I saw a few of them sitting in the tunnel underneath the stadium...Theyre sweet

The scout seats will NOT be completely done on time for the season, but it is starting to look good...It should look great when done

The FUNdamentals isnt even near completion, but I did find out some stuff theyll have in it....There will be a "Race Scott Podsednik", where kids can try to run faster than a mechanical Scotty Po....When the kids hit a HR, there will be a mini scoreboard that lights up and mini pinwheels will spin on top of the board....It sounds nice

I wish I had a digital camera, but there isnt THAT much to see....Guess we all have to wait until opening day....

36 days!

MUsoxfan
02-27-2005, 02:37 PM
The scout seats will NOT be completely done on time for the season, but it is starting to look good...It should look great when done

That's not good news. High-rollers aren't gonna be too pleased to be sitting in an uncompleted section at $170/ticket

Chisox003
02-27-2005, 02:39 PM
That's not good news. High-rollers aren't gonna be too pleased to be sitting in an uncompleted section at $170/ticket

True...

But, I dont know if this is known by everyone because I didnt know, but people who sit in scout seats are basically waited on hand in foot--AND, all the food and drinks they get are FREE....Including beer

Thats a pretty good deal, as long as you get enough stuff to equal your $170 ticket :wink:

chisoxmike
02-27-2005, 02:46 PM
I'm really interested to see how all the renovations shape up this season. It sounds like they won't be done, which won't be very pleasing. It seemed like they got off to a slow/late start.

Then again, it didn't seem like the upper deck was going to be finished but it was by opening day. And they had some really bad weather last off season to deal with too.

MUsoxfan
02-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Thats a pretty good deal, as long as you get enough stuff to equal your $170 ticket :wink:

I agree with you. But I'm sure they still want their section complete. I'd pay $170 to sit there a game or two

chisoxt
02-27-2005, 03:04 PM
I don't get it.....it seems as though they started the work way too late, long after the season ended...or am I wrong?

Brian26
02-27-2005, 03:04 PM
The scout seats will NOT be completely done on time for the season,

I have a feeling they're going to find a way to get the Scout Seats done on time for opening day.

MUsoxfan
02-27-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't get it.....it seems as though they started the work way too late, long after the season ended...or am I wrong?

I have a sneaking suspicion that everything will be nearly complete at the start of the season. There's still more than a month to go, and I'm sure these contractors are under some sort of deadline that will cost them $$ if they overshoot it.

Brian26
02-27-2005, 03:08 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that everything will be nearly complete at the start of the season. There's still more than a month to go, and I'm sure these contractors are under some sort of deadline that will cost them $$ if they overshoot it.

Of course they will get it done. The Sox have sold thousands of dollars worth of seats right behind home plate with this new section. Do you think they want an incomplete seating section shown on tv from the centerfield camera for the first month of the season, in addition to pissing off the people who bought the seats? It will be finished.

lths06
02-27-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm sure these contractors are under some sort of deadline that will cost them $$ if they overshoot it.

Maybe that means with the money Jerry will save from the renovations not finishing on time, he'll be able to put up the homerun porch next winter!

Clembasbal
02-27-2005, 03:41 PM
The green seats arent in place yet, but I saw a few of them sitting in the tunnel underneath the stadium...Theyre sweet

I pretty such that the only places with green seats this year will be the 300 level and the scout seats. So it doesn't mean anything that the green seats aren't in yet.

NSSoxFan
02-27-2005, 03:42 PM
Why is everyone freaking out about the renovations not being done on time? The Sox would be a bunch of idiots if they opened the park on opening day with renovations not complete yet, at least on the outside. I'm sure 100% of the scout seats will be in place, the only thing that might not be completed on time is the underground concourse for those ticket holders. Also, the Sox aren't going to leave the Fundamentals area half-done.

I mean, does anyone remember last year at this time the upper deck roof wasn't even close do being done at about this time?

Chisox003
02-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Hey, Im just repeating what I was told yesterday...

I think it will look pretty good even though it wont be COMPLETELY done, but I also hope they get it done...

No vending in those seats this year either...:whiner:

lths06
02-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Hey, Im just repeating what I was told yesterday...

I think it will look pretty good even though it wont be COMPLETELY done, but I also hope they get it done...

No vending in those seats this year either...:whiner:

Wait... no vending in the scout seats? Cant be right...

Ol' No. 2
02-27-2005, 03:57 PM
True...

But, I dont know if this is known by everyone because I didnt know, but people who sit in scout seats are basically waited on hand in foot--AND, all the food and drinks they get are FREE....Including beer

Thats a pretty good deal, as long as you get enough stuff to equal your $170 ticket :wink:Even when I was younger I don't think I could have drunk $170 worth of beer. Unless they're serving lobster, it's going to be pretty tough to justify that based on free food. I would assume virtually all those are going to be bought by people who will write it off as a business expense.

NSSoxFan
02-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Wait... no vending in the scout seats? Cant be right...

I know, that is why this info is wierd. One of the biggest selling points of the scout seats is food service at your seat. I'd like to see the Sox tell the companies that put up big money for season tix in the scout seats that they're not going to be ready yet.

FightingBillini
02-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Even when I was younger I don't think I could have drunk $170 worth of beer. Unless they're serving lobster, it's going to be pretty tough to justify that based on free food. I would assume virtually all those are going to be bought by people who will write it off as a business expense.

I don't know if I could drink $170 worth of beer. Maybe $150, but a man has his limits. You are forgetting that it wouldn't be $170 worth of beer and food. The tickets would probably be well over $100 a game to sit right behind homeplate like that, even without the amenities. VIP parking is included, which would probably be $20 a game. That is around $120 before food and beer. Hot dogs are $3.50, fries are around $3, soda is $3, and beer is $5.50. If one had the means, he could easily spend $50 on consessions at a game. Evn though they have Swiller Lite at the Cell, I could still drink at least 5 beers during the game. All beer and other food is included, and the food will be better than the rest of the park food. If you have money to throw around, it would definately be worth it to buy scout seats.

Ol' No. 2
02-27-2005, 04:23 PM
I don't know if I could drink $170 worth of beer. Maybe $150, but a man has his limits. You are forgetting that it wouldn't be $170 worth of beer and food. The tickets would probably be well over $100 a game to sit right behind homeplate like that, even without the amenities. VIP parking is included, which would probably be $20 a game. That is around $120 before food and beer. Hot dogs are $3.50, fries are around $3, soda is $3, and beer is $5.50. If one had the means, he could easily spend $50 on consessions at a game. Evn though they have Swiller Lite at the Cell, I could still drink at least 5 beers during the game. All beer and other food is included, and the food will be better than the rest of the park food. If you have money to throw around, it would definately be worth it to buy scout seats.Those seats used to be Premium lower box, which go for $2670 for the season ($33/game). I don't know if you get one parking pass for EACH seat, but even if you do, that's still only $53. You still gotta eat $120 worth of stuff. I don't think they're going to be serving the kind of food that makes that too easy.

NardiWasHere
02-27-2005, 04:36 PM
The FUNdamentals isnt even near completion, but I did find out some stuff theyll have in it....There will be a "Race Scott Podsednik", where kids can try to run faster than a mechanical Scotty Po....When the kids hit a HR, there will be a mini scoreboard that lights up and mini pinwheels will spin on top of the board....It sounds nice

I wish I was 8 years old.

FightingBillini
02-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Those seats used to be Premium lower box, which go for $2670 for the season ($33/game). I don't know if you get one parking pass for EACH seat, but even if you do, that's still only $53. You still gotta eat $120 worth of stuff. I don't think they're going to be serving the kind of food that makes that too easy.

Well, a large part of that section didnt have any seats in it before, so its a moot point. There were no seats directly behind homeplate (well, the seats started about half way up). Im sure if there were seats behing homeplate before, they would have been more that the $33 seats that surround that section. That being said, I doubt you could get seats that good for $33 in any other park.

I still think I could eat and drink $120 worth. :cool:

Ol' No. 2
02-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Well, a large part of that section didnt have any seats in it before, so its a moot point. There were no seats directly behind homeplate (well, the seats started about half way up). Im sure if there were seats behing homeplate before, they would have been more that the $33 seats that surround that section. That being said, I doubt you could get seats that good for $33 in any other park.

I still think I could eat and drink $120 worth. :cool:Premium lower box was the highest lower bowl price last year. The $33 is with the season ticket discount. Single game tickets were $41 on weekends last year IIRC.

DumpJerry
02-27-2005, 05:24 PM
It feels like I spend $170 on my date and me while sitting in the cheap seats by the 4th inning.

I'm not worried about the FUNDAmentals Deck not being done by OD. April will be too cold for the kids and they're in school anyway.

Frank the Tank
02-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know if the free food and drinks start when the gates open or at the first pitch?

If it starts when the gates open, I could easily put a huge dent into the $170 ticket price on beer alone by the 7th-inning strectch. :gulp: