PDA

View Full Version : Ron Kittle on Jose Canseco

RKMeibalane
02-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Ron Kittle on Jose Canseco, courtesy of Sporting News radio:

"He should keep his mouth shut. Right now, he should be fearing for his life. If I was (Canseco), I'd get out of the country because you're upsetting a lot of people who have a lot of money, and you did probably the stupidest thing on the planet.''

WoogSox
02-27-2005, 07:28 PM
That is exactly what I have been thinking. Canseco is going to get himself killed. He should know first hand how that business works, being so connected in it. If he starts implicating people and he says that he has more to come then he should be very nervous.

TDog
02-27-2005, 07:33 PM
Ron Kittle (Gary-Wirt, class of '76, for all you NW Indiana people) is always great for a quote. What was the context of the statement? Was he being interviewed?

I know he has a book coming out soon.

idseer
02-27-2005, 07:39 PM
i think kittle was pretty ignorant to make the remark publicly.

kittle42
02-27-2005, 09:28 PM

Why?

idseer
02-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Why?

1. he may give some bonehead an idea.
2. it's not his business
3. who is ron kittle to say what is and what isn't important information to the public about what's going on in the game?

FightingBillini
02-27-2005, 09:55 PM

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. It doesn't mean rude or unjustified.
I don't think Kittle made that statement without any knowledge on the subject.

idseer
02-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. It doesn't mean rude or unjustified.
I don't think Kittle made that statement without any knowledge on the subject.

geez ... excuse me but what a dumb reply. i say he was ignorant to make the comment. what does that have to do with the subject?

kittle42
02-27-2005, 10:27 PM
2. it's not his business
3. who is ron kittle to say what is and what isn't important information to the public about what's going on in the game?

1. OK but I don't see that happening.

2. By that logic, it isn't anyone else's business, either, so who cares what anyone says about it?

3. He never did.

SpammySosa
02-27-2005, 10:27 PM
2. it's not his business

1. I don't see someone sitting around and thinking," Wow! Ron Kittle is right. I am going to go blow Canseco's head off." Come on! If some freak decided to do something along those lines it won't be because of Kittle's huge influence and lofty status.It will be because they are messed up in the head to begin with.
2. I think Canseco made it anyone and everyone's business when he decided to publish a book,do numerous high profile interviews,etc.
3.He is just like you,me or anyone else:He is entitled to his opinion.
I realize that Kittle is very opinionated(much like a lot of us on WSI),but just because you do not agree with him doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to express himself,just the same as anyone.

idseer
02-27-2005, 10:33 PM
1. OK but I don't see that happening.

2. By that logic, it isn't anyone else's business, either, so who cares what anyone says about it?

3. He never did.

1. what you don't see happening means what?

2. no. i'd say it's the business of those involved and the fans business for consideration.

3. of course he did. did he not say jose should keep his mouth shut? isn't that an advocation of censorship?

idseer
02-27-2005, 10:37 PM
1. I don't see someone sitting around and thinking," Wow! Ron Kittle is right. I am going to go blow Canseco's head off." Come on! If some freak decided to do something along those lines it won't be because of Kittle's huge influence and lofty status.It will be because they are messed up in the head to begin with.
2. I think Canseco made it anyone and everyone's business when he decided to publish a book,do numerous high profile interviews,etc.
3.He is just like you,me or anyone else:He is entitled to his opinion.
I realize that Kittle is very opinionated(much like a lot of us on WSI),but just because you do not agree with him doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to express himself,just the same as anyone.

once again, it doesn't much matter what you see. stuff like that has happened before and will happen again.
and canseco didn't make it anyone's business. he was giving information. and the information wasn't about kittle. it wasn't kittle's business to respond especially in such an ignorant way.
yes kittle is entitled to an opinion. and that opinion is to suggest someone might kill jose? IGNORANCE!

SpammySosa
02-27-2005, 10:57 PM
once again, it doesn't much matter what you see. stuff like that has happened before and will happen again.
and canseco didn't make it anyone's business. he was giving information. and the information wasn't about kittle. it wasn't kittle's business to respond especially in such an ignorant way.
yes kittle is entitled to an opinion. and that opinion is to suggest someone might kill jose? IGNORANCE!

I find it really bizaare that in your one post you question Kittle concerning censorship,yet you are calling for Kittle to not express himself. I am also baffled by your contention that it wasn't Kittle's business to respond. By suggesting that no one should respond but the players involved is about as big an example of censorship as you can have. Canseco's allegations involve not only the players accused, but anyone who loves the game. You acknowledged the fan's interest,not taking into consideration that Ron Kittle would qualify as one too. It is one thing for you to not agree with what he has to say,but it is another for you to call for censorship only when it fits into your beliefs.

chisox117
02-27-2005, 11:12 PM
Canseco cancels Chicago book-signing due to death threat

Link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2000544

idseer
02-27-2005, 11:13 PM
I find it really bizaare that in your one post you question Kittle concerning censorship,yet you are calling for Kittle to not express himself. I am also baffled by your contention that it wasn't Kittle's business to respond. By suggesting that no one should respond but the players involved is about as big an example of censorship as you can have. Canseco's allegations involve not only the players accused, but anyone who loves the game. You acknowledged the fan's interest,not taking into consideration that Ron Kittle would qualify as one too. It is one thing for you to not agree with what he has to say,but it is another for you to call for censorship only when it fits into your beliefs.

who called for censorship? if i call him ignorant for saying something i'm calling for censorship? if i say magglio should shut up talking about the sox now do you think i'm calling for censorship? the only comment i made about censorship was kittle wanting to censor jose. so i'll thank you to not spin what i'm saying. i think his remarks were ignorant. period!

if you can't comprehend what i'm saying any better than that we should stop talking about now.

SpammySosa
02-27-2005, 11:24 PM
who called for censorship? if i call him ignorant for saying something i'm calling for censorship? if i say magglio should shut up talking about the sox now do you think i'm calling for censorship? the only comment i made about censorship was kittle wanting to censor jose. so i'll thank you to not spin what i'm saying. i think his remarks were ignorant. period!

if you can't comprehend what i'm saying any better than that we should stop talking about now.

Saying he shouldn't respond is calling for censorship.

I comprehend what you are saying,but like with Kittle, I guess you get bent any time someone says something you disagree with.

idseer
02-27-2005, 11:37 PM
Saying he shouldn't respond is calling for censorship.

you're an idiot.

Daver
02-27-2005, 11:39 PM
you're an idiot.

Disagreeing with someone does not make them an idiot.

idseer
02-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Disagreeing with someone does not make them an idiot.

but being purposely obtuse does imo.

kittle42
02-27-2005, 11:56 PM
:threadsucks

And it makes no sense, either.

FightingBillini
02-28-2005, 12:08 AM
:threadsucks

And it makes no sense, either.

I agree. But Kittle, I would expect you among every else to chastise him for his blatant and continuing misuse of the word ignorant.

idseer
02-28-2005, 12:19 AM
I agree. But Kittle, I would expect you among every else to chastise him for his blatant and continuing misuse of the word ignorant.

last time billini ...
the ignorance i spoke of has nothing to do with kittle's knowledge of baseball or steroids. it had to do with his making a public remark about someone perhaps killing jose for what he's said. in this case ignorance = a lack of awareness ... of the gravity of his words.

ignorance doesn't mean uneducated necessarily. it can also mean someone who is unaware of what someone else is trying to say.

FightingBillini
02-28-2005, 12:34 AM
ignorance doesn't mean uneducated necessarily. it can also mean someone who is unaware of what someone else is trying to say.

so you are saying Kittle misinterpreted Canseco?:?:

SpammySosa
02-28-2005, 01:51 AM
but being purposely obtuse does imo.

I have no problem agreeing to disagree,but name calling and making false accusations is pretty weak.

idseer
02-28-2005, 08:38 AM
so you are saying Kittle misinterpreted Canseco?:?:

no fb. i'm saying you misinterpreted me.

idseer
02-28-2005, 09:06 AM
I have no problem agreeing to disagree,but name calling and making false accusations is pretty weak.

what false accusation was that?

for that matter, what are we in disagreement about? i gave my opinion about what kittle said. i didn't say he didn't have a right to say it. in fact i actually said "yes kittle is entitled to an opinion". i only called him ignorant for making that opinion public. then you and fb got all bent out of shape over the words 'censorship' and 'ignorant'.

the only thing i did wrong was to call you an idiot when i should have simply said your statement (Saying he shouldn't respond is calling for censorship. ) was idiotic. i'm sure you're not an idiot.