pete rose
1 being the top loser!!!
1. Sosa
2. Canseco
3. Bonds
4. Baker
5. Anyone who obviously did steroids and is trying to get away with it
6. Rose
Despite the fact that Rose is probably the most unpleasant person ever to play the game of baseball (aside from a few untouchables like Albert Belle), anyone who did steroids is worse in my mind.

MisterB
02-27-2005, 01:34 AM
rank the following doofus's

I believe the proper pluralization is doofi. :D:

jake27
02-27-2005, 02:36 AM
rank the following doofus's

sosa
Dusty Baker
Bonds
canseco
pete rose
1 being the top loser!!!

1 sosa
2 canseco
3 rose
4 bonds
5 dusty

eastchicagosoxfan
02-27-2005, 06:44 AM
1 sosa
2 canseco
3 rose
4 bonds
5 dusty
Rose
Bonds
Sosa
Canseco
Baker

I rank gambling a greater evil than steriods. Steriods, at the very least, can be construed as player's attempt to go to any length to succeed. It's not honest, but that user would not be indifferent to the result of a game. Winning is winning and losing is losing. The gambler, on the other hand, can lose and still win, and vice versa.
Baker is just the schmo that manages a team I despise. Canseco is out of baseball. The other two jerks, if I'm a pitcher, I put my conscience on hiatus when they bat. Coming right at you.

Fredsox
02-27-2005, 07:10 AM
1. Bonds
2. Rose
3. Sosa
4. Canseco
5. Baker

I gotta put Bonds as #1 because I view him as the biggest cheater. He's gonna be the all-time HR leader and he's a cheater. I wonder if he could look Willie Mays and Hank Aaron in the eye. Rose is a close second. They both altered the outcome of games by their cheating and tarnished baseball for the long-term. Canseco and Sosa are cheaters but their cheating had less of an effect. No records were involved. Baker us just a putz because he thinks Bonds is getting a raw deal like OJ did.

BigEdWalsh
02-27-2005, 08:14 AM
1. Sosa:noevil:
2. Bonds:nuts:
3. Baker:thud:
4. Canseco:tsk:
5. Rose:anon:

SOXintheBURGH
02-27-2005, 10:51 AM
1. Sosa
2. Baker
3. Canseco
4. Bonds
5. Canseco

batmanZoSo
02-27-2005, 11:54 AM
1. Sosa
2. Baker
3. Canseco
4. Bonds
5. Canseco

Sosa
Canseco
Giambi
Canseco
Bonds
Canseco
McGwire
Canseco
Palmeiro
Canseco
Baker
Canseco
Canseco
Canseco

flo-B-flo
02-27-2005, 02:19 PM
1. Sosa
2. Canseco
3. Bonds
4. Baker
5. Anyone who obviously did steroids and is trying to get away with it
6. Rose
Despite the fact that Rose is probably the most unpleasant person ever to play the game of baseball (aside from a few untouchables like Albert Belle), anyone who did steroids is worse in my mind. During the late 70's and all through the 80's there were heavy rumors of Rose's steroid use. That written:
1. Bonds: quite a press conference old buddy
2. Baker: the classic enabler
3. Soso: should be a three way tie......really
4. Conseco: he's been a goofball and a doofus for a LONG time
5. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO: you know who.:rolleyes:

PAPChiSox729
02-27-2005, 02:50 PM
1.Canseco
2.Sosa
3.Baker
4.Rose
5.Bonds

TDog
02-27-2005, 06:14 PM
I rank gambling a greater evil than steriods. ...

Baseball winked at recent steroid use. Long ago it made it clear that gambling would get you banned for life. Pete Rose and Joe Jackson have a couple of things in common -- one being that they aren't in the HOF because of gambling. But Jackson did what he did before baseball expressly forbid association with gamblers. Rose knew the first time he walked into a major league clubhouse that association with gamblers could get him banned from baseball. Unlike Jackson, he would have been able to read the sign that made that clear.

That makes Rose the biggest doofus in the history of baseball. His doofus-ness is great enough that it transcends the sport.

In comparison, the other people on the list are just jerks. Not just jerks, of course. Most jerks pale in comparison.

The other thing that Rose and Jackson have in common is that without baseball, neither would have had the opportunity to do much with their lives.

D. TODD
02-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Rose is clearly #1, it's not even close to me! Canseco 2nd. The rest I wouldn't rank.

Harris=God
02-27-2005, 08:46 PM
1 and 2 are givens, 3 and 4 are technically Doofuses and im going to hell for 5

1. Canseco
2. Rose
3. Jerry Manuel
4. Joe Borchard
5. Hellen Keller

PAPChiSox729
02-27-2005, 09:42 PM
1 and 2 are givens, 3 and 4 are technically Doofuses and im going to hell for 5

1. Canseco
2. Rose
3. Jerry Manuel
4. Joe Borchard
5. Hellen Keller

Hellen Keller??
:?:
Please elaborate.

munchman33
02-27-2005, 09:43 PM
1. Rose
2. Sosa
3. Dusty
4. Bonds
5. Canseco

Dibbs
02-28-2005, 06:30 PM
1. Rose
2. Bonds
3. Sosa
4. Canseco
5. Baker

I don't see why people are so hard on Canseco. Ranking him in front of Rose, Bonds or Sammy doesn't make sense to me.

TDog
03-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Hellen Keller??
:?:
Please elaborate.

I can't figure that one out either. Is she there because people tell jokes about her that focus on her disabilities or because she overcame her challenges to get an education and fought the discrimination she faced by co-founding the ACLU?

Helen Keller and even Jerry Manuel and Joe Borchard are certainly better people than Harris=God left off his list.