PDA

View Full Version : Bruins TV voice named Nationals radio voice

Fenway
02-26-2005, 03:37 PM
US government dragged feet to let Expos announcer get visa :(:

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050224&content_id=949810&vkey=news_was&fext=.jsp&c_id=was

VIERA, Fla. -- The Nationals named Charlie Slowes and David Shea as the club's radio voices on Thursday. Both have signed one-year deals and are employees of the Nationals.

The announcement means that Elliott Price, the radio voice of the Expos for the last four years, will not be with the Nationals. The Nationals had problems getting a working visa for Price.

Team president Tony Tavares, who wanted to hire Price and worked with Price in the broadcast booth for a couple of games last year, said it would have been a 50 to 70 percent chance that Price would have received the visa.

"But it was leaning toward 50 percent," Tavares said. "The process would have taken weeks to get done, and we needed to hire broadcasters now. Elliott is a damn good broadcaster. I was more than satisfied with his work."

When reached in South Carolina, Price said he was in shock. He indicated that he knew a senator who could have sped up the visa process for him. Price declined to name the senator.

"I'm psychologically and emotionally devastated," Price said. "[Tavares] told me to hang in there, but they didn't hang in there for me." Price said that he plans to go back to Montreal this weekend to look for work.

havelj
02-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Wondering about your signature.

Can you include the "New England" Patriots in your city of champs? Isn't the team considered part of the region as opossed to Boston? They do play just 21 miles from Providence, RI and 32 miles from Boston I believe.

Fenway
02-27-2005, 02:47 PM
Wondering about your signature.

Can you include the "New England" Patriots in your city of champs? Isn't the team considered part of the region as opossed to Boston? They do play just 21 miles from Providence, RI and 32 miles from Boston I believe.

Patriots had their parade(s) in Boston not Foxboro :D: