PDA

View Full Version : 155 days, 58 mins, 34 secs...

Vsahajpal
10-28-2001, 12:55 AM
left until opening day.

I wonder when tix go on sale. I'd love to see a Rauch v, Prior matchup at Wrigley/Comiskey on July 4th weekend.

Reinsdorf would probably have Tim Duncan or Rashard Lewis throw out the first pitch

KempersRS
10-28-2001, 01:07 AM
I don't think there will be an opening day in April next year.

Spiff
10-28-2001, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
left until opening day.

I wonder when tix go on sale. I'd love to see a Rauch v, Prior matchup at Wrigley/Comiskey on July 4th weekend.

Reinsdorf would probably have Tim Duncan or Rashard Lewis throw out the first pitch

Why Duncan or Lewis?

danman31
10-28-2001, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

Why Duncan or Lewis?

If you remember last year(2000) JR was recruiting free agents. McGrady threw out the first pitch in a game and Eddie Jones did too.

left until opening day.

Vic, no offense, but that is such a Cubs fan thing to say.

Jerry_Manuel
10-28-2001, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Nice Mr. Positive, way to show confidence in the Tool to get the mess corrected. Can't say I disagree though.

czalgosz
10-28-2001, 09:40 AM

I think there will be. There's a much different tone to the whole thing in 2000 than there was in 1994. In 1994, individual owners and players were sniping at each other - the acrimony was obvious. This time around, the little we're hearing about it is from Selig and Fehr (Other than that one article written by Curt Schilling). If it's left up to the leadership to decide things, they'll be able to come to an agreement. I think the players and the owners both know the stakes here - if they go on strike again, it will be a long, long time before they are able to get a lot of fans back. I will admit right now that they probably won't lose me, but they will lose a lot of long-time fans. I think the incentive is there to come to an agreement before it cuts into the season. My prediction is that at the most Spring Training will be delayed for a week or so.

Paulwny
10-28-2001, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by KempersRS

You, Daver and me agree.

Spiff
10-28-2001, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by danman31

If you remember last year(2000) JR was recruiting free agents. McGrady threw out the first pitch in a game and Eddie Jones did too.

Vic, no offense, but that is such a Cubs fan thing to say.

Heh Rashard Lewis aint goin anywhere. And I'm pretty sure Tim Duncan isn't either.

duke of dorwood
10-28-2001, 07:24 PM
Anyone knows a player from the Superbowl Champion Bears will throw out the forst pitch next year.

danman31
10-28-2001, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

Heh Rashard Lewis aint goin anywhere. And I'm pretty sure Tim Duncan isn't either.

I know, they didn't and this is old news...

doublem23
10-28-2001, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Anyone knows a player from the Superbowl Champion Bears will throw out the forst pitch next year.

Right now my vote goes for Mike Brown. He's the MAN