PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere in Cleveland right now...

PaleHoseGeorge
07-26-2001, 12:38 AM
...outside the Dairy Queen.

"I want mine chocolate-dipped!":hitless

"Royce, last time I got you chocolate-dipped, you dripped all over the seat of my car."
:jerry

"I went 2 for 4. I'm hottest hitter on this team. I've saved your wrinkled @@@ a dozen times the past six weeks with my iron bat and silky moves at short. I WANT CHOCOLATE DIPPED!"
:hitless

"Mr. Reinsdorf isn't going to reimburse me for another detail job on..."

"Look, either get me chocolate-dipped or I'm going fall to the ground screaming and throwing a tantrum, embarrassing the hell out of you in front of all this trailer trash from Rocky River!"

"Royce, be reasonable..."

(and so on and so forth)

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2001, 12:42 AM
:reinsy
If we had more fans at the park, the whole team could have chocolate-dipped, but no the fans like to stay at home.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-26-2001, 12:53 AM
"Hey Boss! I can get us an 8-foot freezer case, two multi-mixer machines, and a player to be named later from Atlanta. Maybe then we can afford chocolate-dipped for everyone!"
:KW

"Shut up, you idiot.":reinsy

doublem23
07-26-2001, 01:19 AM
:maggs
And you all wonder why that deal doesn't get signed.

PutItOnTheBoard
07-26-2001, 01:30 AM
Well, Mr. Chocalate-dipped is now up to .222. After taking about a month and a half to move from .100 to .200, he's moved from .200 to .220 in a week. I can't think of too many players who added 20 percentage points to their average in a week lately. Probably Lance Berkman has, if I bothered to look it up. You can hate the guy all you want, and I fully admit he's my least favorite player, but I don't understand the need to rip a guy when he is actually contributing. There are more than a couple players on this team who have contributed far less over that span. He wasn't signed for a bat. We knew what we were getting in that department. He is a career .250 hitter (and yes I realize he is not living up to that). If you didn't like the move - as I didn't at the time - then 'Ken Doll' should be the object of your ire.

We used to have fun with the Royce-o-meter on this board - as in how many hits to pass Joe-D, Big Mac, etc. I thought it was funny as hell. But I think perhaps there needs to be a new Royce-o-meter:

Current BA: .222
Points till blame shifts from Royce to Ken Doll: 28

KempersRS
07-26-2001, 02:55 AM
but I don't understand the need to rip a guy when he is actually contributing.

Cause he's ROYCE and its fun.

PutItOnTheBoard
07-26-2001, 03:32 AM
Like I say, I thought it was fun too - when the guy was being a chump. The Royce-o-meter threads were funny - and depressing at the same time because he sucked so bad.

But now he's basically playing the way he was signed to play by KW. So my only point is, if you got a beef, direct toward our rookie, confused GM.

Mathew
07-26-2001, 04:11 AM
Who could have liked the move to begin with. Valentin is our shortstop and we are and at the time were overpaying an old bad shortstop with no bat named ROYCE? Who liked the move at first and who likes it now? There is no coincidence Texass went after A-Rod so hard. Major leaguers deserve to be blasted for batting .220 let alone the .080 crap we put up with! I don't care if he's over .500 from here on out he is still a talking pile of pigschit.

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2001, 07:42 AM
I don't care if he's over .500 from here on out he is still a talking pile of pigschit.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?:)

PaleHoseGeorge
07-26-2001, 09:34 AM
Gee, I thought we did a pretty good job ripping on nearly everyone on this board!

:)

In this thread Royce Clayton, Jerry Manuel, Kenny Williams, and Jerry Reinsdorf all get shots.

Some people here call Paul Konerko the well digger's ***.

Chris Singleton's tag name is "slow swing", and Rocky Biddle's is "rocked". Bob Howry's is "walk".

Royce gets more than his share of abuse but it's hardly like he doesn't deserve a bit more. Back in April and May (when the games REALLY counted) his batting average was under .100. With the whole world screaming in his ear, Manuel FINALLY benches the guy who then gets some starts because of Valentin's injury. Next he's talking about how "life isn't fair" when Valentin returns.

I mean really.

For ten weeks the Sox have been trying to dig themselves out of a hole they created for themselves the prior six weeks. It's hard not to remember who played a leading role in their misadventures.

In spite of his hot hitting, he's still only at .222, worst of any everyday player in the league. That's what happens when "life isn't fair".

CLR01
07-26-2001, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Chris Singleton's tag name is "slow swing", and Rocky Biddle's is "rocked". Bob Howry's is "walk".

Ill have you know i am starting a formal petition to have singleons tag name changed from slowswing to MVP. This petition will be conducted via email and will be reaching millions of homes with in the next couple of weeks. This however will not be a standard petition, instead of everyone signing the same form, each signature will be directly sent to both the webmaster and board guy's home email address. A couple hunderd thousand emails should be enough to get that changed. Stay tuned for future updates.