PDA

View Full Version : What are you most looking forward to Hawk say in 2005...

RKMeibalane
02-25-2005, 07:35 PM
...are you most looking forward to hearing Hawk say as the 2005 season begins? Personally, I'm waiting for this...

:hawk

"Way back! They look up. You can put it on the board, yes! Number four hundred thirty seven for the Big Hurt, and the Sox lead it 2-0. Mercy!"

SoxxoS
02-25-2005, 07:37 PM
I want to hear some new nicknames for Pods, AJ, Iguchi and Dye.

RKMeibalane
02-25-2005, 07:39 PM
I want to hear some new nicknames for Pods, AJ, Iguchi and Dye.

"And once again, DJ, the Dye has been cast."

:DJ

"You said it, Hawk. Jermaine reached out and laced that ball into the right field gap, and the Sox now have a man in scoring position."

"Feisty, I love it when you analyze."

Corlose 15
02-25-2005, 07:40 PM

"Shingo with the pitch...he gone! The White Sox are American League Central Division champions!"

SOXintheBURGH
02-25-2005, 07:44 PM
"And Torriiiiii Hunter was just absolutely leveled by AJ Pierzynski at the plate."

MRKARNO
02-25-2005, 07:45 PM

"Takatsu delivers the pitch. HE GONE! Got him with the frisbee and the White Sox win the first game of the season, 4-2."

santo=dorf
02-25-2005, 07:46 PM
:reinsy
"I'm working on some new material as we speak."

SOXintheBURGH
02-25-2005, 07:48 PM
:reinsy + :dollarbill:

"Championships cost too much money."

Cubbiesuck13
02-25-2005, 08:03 PM
:Hawk

Great speed aboard

cubhater
02-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Playoff tickets go on sale Saturday at beautiful US Cellular Field and all Ticketmaster locations. Or you can order them online.:cool:

Fake Chet Lemon
02-25-2005, 10:00 PM
DJ........you're fired. Welcome back Wimpy.

zach074
02-25-2005, 10:18 PM
I don't want to here him say anything, I want him speechless after we win the World Series.:)

SoxxoS
02-25-2005, 10:58 PM
I don't want to here him say anything, I want him speechless after we win the World Series.:)

He won't be doing the games, so you will get your wish.

I wonder if WMVP would bring him on as a "guest" announcer if we made the world series...:?:Anyone know?

dcb33
02-25-2005, 11:14 PM
"So the Sox beat the Indians here on Opening Day at beautiful US Cellular Field by the score of 12-0, and all because of that big ol' snowman the Sox put on the board back in the 4th."

WhiteSoxFan84
02-25-2005, 11:16 PM

I wonder if WMVP would bring him on as a "guest" announcer if we made the world series...:?:Anyone know?

Didn't WGN Radio have Steve Stone on during the 2003 NLCS? I think he was on during game 6 practically in tears, with Ron Santo, thinking about the World Series. WHOOPS!

What I am looking forward right before the 2nd game of the season (cuz I'll be at the first), is this...

"So sit back, relax, and strap it down, the first pitch is coming up right after this...." (commericials)

What I'm not looking forward to is any of this...

".........................(dead air)......................................"

Jerome
02-25-2005, 11:55 PM
Didn't WGN Radio have Steve Stone on during the 2003 NLCS? I think he was on during game 6 practically in tears, with Ron Santo, thinking about the World Series. WHOOPS!

What I am looking forward right before the 2nd game of the season (cuz I'll be at the first), is this...

"So sit back, relax, and strap it down, the first pitch is coming up right after this...." (commericials)

What I'm not looking forward to is any of this...

".........................(dead air)......................................"

HAHA Well, we all know that Hawk is at his best when the Sox are too. If not, well, sey hello to the comforting croons of John and Ed.

SoxFan76
02-26-2005, 12:36 AM
I never had a problem with the dead air. It's better than him trying to find the positives in what otherwise is a crappy game, or telling completely ridiculous stories like Santo Claus.

chisox117
02-26-2005, 09:06 AM
Hawk: "He gone!"

I’d also like to hear Hawk say: "Sacks packed with Sox….the pitch to Konerko….Waaay back! Coco Crisp looks up...You can put it on the board..YESSS!!!"

The thing I’m dreading hearing: how anybody has to ‘bow his neck’
:gulp:

Whitesox029
02-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Hawk: "He gone!"

I’d also like to hear Hawk say: "Sacks packed with Sox….the pitch to Konerko….Waaay back! Coco Crisp looks up...You can put it on the board..YESSS!!!"

The thing I’m dreading hearing: how anybody has to ‘bow his neck’
:gulp:
I'm assuming that's a long home run if he's not saying "STRETCH!!"
I can't wait to hear him call Gooch's first HR
"That ball hit deep...stretch! He looks up, you can put it on the board EYYYESSS!"

Clembasbal
02-26-2005, 09:42 AM
I never had a problem with the dead air. It's better than him trying to find the positives in what otherwise is a crappy game, or telling completely ridiculous stories like Santo Claus.

I agree...sometimes it is fun just to watch baseball and actually here the crack of the bat and the pop of the mitt.

"The firstbase coach for the White Sox is Tim "Roc" Raines....he's a handsome man!"

For no reason other than I haven't heard that since Doug "The Rooster" Radar was fired from his 3B coach job.

jenmcm76
02-26-2005, 10:19 AM
The first "sit back, relax, and strap it down" of the season always gives me goosebumps...

Other things I'm looking forward to are:
sacks packed with sox
STRETCH!
can of corn to dye
big lead for pods
i love... (e-mail, shingo, whatever)
duck snort into shallow center for gooch
another walk for rowand

and of course, You can put it on the board.... YES!

DumpJerry
02-26-2005, 10:22 AM
Several sayings I'm gonna hear:

"That's it for a Sox sweep of the Cubs for the season series!"
"...and with this victory, the Sox clinch a playoff spot earlier than any team ever in the history of the game!"
"The only good thing about this incident of a fan running on the field is that the goof who ran onto the field to tackle Sammy Sosa here in the 3rd inning of the game with the Orioles is none other than Mark Prior who is currently on the DL with Cubs for his arm....."

idseer
02-26-2005, 10:32 AM
the only thing i always look forward to a sox annoucer saying is
"the sox are the new world champions!"

SpammySosa
02-26-2005, 10:39 AM

Well sometimes he does that too unfortunately. Like many Sox fans, I have a love/hate thing for Hawk's p-b-p. He can be both entertaining and downright annoying IMO.

FightingBillini
02-26-2005, 11:25 AM
He does it every show, so I can't to hear something along the lines of:

"And now to the emails. We have an email from lifelong Sox fan Bill in Orland Park. ORLAND PARK... yes."

I also cant wait to hear:

"Good speed aboard"
When ball goes to Uribe or Iguchi - "He hit it to the wrong man"
"HE GONE! Mercy!! Contreras brings the heat, and Hunter wasn't even close on that one."

BRDSR
02-26-2005, 12:24 PM
the only thing i always look forward to a sox annoucer saying is
"the sox are the new world champions!"

The only downside here is that if the Sox are playing for the World Championship some national clown will be broadcasting the game, not a sox announcer. Although, was it Rooney or Farmer who often does ESPNs radio broadcasts for some playoff games? I suppose if the Sox were in the playoffs he would be the obvious choice to call those games.

soxfan123
02-26-2005, 12:33 PM
"I loove cotton candy."
"I have been around the game a long time...."
"He's got to sinch it up and hunker down..."
"That was a bullet right at Crede.."
"can of corn..."
"Mercy!"

All great.

Steelrod
02-26-2005, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=Fake Chet Lemon]DJ........you're fired. Welcome back Wimpy.[/QUOTE
]
I second that!

StepsInSC
02-26-2005, 02:40 PM
"I'd like to send out a warm Congratulations to our new owner, Mr. Stephen Vaughn, the recent billion dollar lotto winner who just got engaged to the godaddy.com girl."

chisoxmike
02-26-2005, 02:54 PM
A man can dream right....

"So here we go, two outs top of the ninth, Sox are 1 out out away from clinching the divison. That ball hit into center field! Aaron there.... YES! Your 2005 AL Central Divison Champion Chicago White Sox!

CubsfansareDRUNK
02-26-2005, 03:14 PM
He gone!
I looooooove [insert anything here]
Mercy!
He looks up you can put it on the boardddd yes

nebraskasox
02-26-2005, 05:41 PM
How 'bout, "and here comes the first pitch of 2005 from Mark Buehrle." The message boards are great but I'm ready for the real thing. We're all just treading water until the season starts. "Are you ready to RUUUMBBLE?"

bafiarocks03
02-26-2005, 08:29 PM
I just wanna hear them!! but i like the *He looks up, you can put it on the board...YES!!!* and *Peapod* i hope he still calls Willie that!..and *he gone*! but anything though...i just want baseball!!!:bandance:

batmanZoSo
02-26-2005, 08:31 PM
That is B. S! Somebody's gotta bear down behind the plate. Mercy. Mean-while...Sox win the World Series.

Lem_Siddons
02-26-2005, 11:01 PM
The same thing I want to hear every year. "Well that ends the longest Championship drought in major league baseball. The White Sox are the 2005 MLB World Series Champs.":supernana:

And before anyone jumps on that, I said major league :cool:

MHOUSE
02-27-2005, 12:04 AM
"The 0-2 pitch to Konerko..... hiiiigh and deep to left, Stewart looks up, You Can Put it on the Booooooard YES!!!"

"Gooch is in the catbird seat up 2-0 in the count....and there's a little ducksnort to center, Big Frank scores, Rowand scores, here comes Timo all the way from first...C'mon TIMO! The throw from Hunter.....not in time! A bases clearing triple from Iguchi and the Sox lead 8-1."

The Critic
02-27-2005, 09:34 AM

I don't know, but I'd have to believe that Hawk would be involved somehow in the pre/post of a White Sox World Series broadcast.
GOD, that felt good to type, even hypothetically!!!!
I'm going to type it again:
"A White Sox World Series".......:bandance:
MAKE IT HAPPEN, MEN!!!!!!

wdelaney72
02-27-2005, 12:39 PM
"C'mon Timo! C'mon Timo! C'mon Timo!"

PaleHoseGeorge
02-27-2005, 12:46 PM
That is B. S! Somebody's gotta bear down behind the plate. Mercy.

I remember that quote. I'm as big a Hawk critic as anyone on this board, and I generally don't agree with Hawk when he starts whining about the umpires. But even I thought that one was pretty funny.
:wink:

fuzzy_patters
02-27-2005, 12:51 PM
"We would like to extend a big White Sox hello to all our viewers on [insert cable company] in [insert city]. They have a lot of my money in [insert city]."

"Baby Hawk and I are going to go with [pick to click]."

"Sit right back and strap it down."

"You could hang out all the drawers in Cook County on that one, Feisty."

"Your what hurts?"

"Come on Timo. Come on Timo. Come on Timo. Come on Timo."

PAPChiSox729
02-27-2005, 03:07 PM
"...1 on, 2 out. Sox down 3-2. The 1-2 pitch from Nathan. Uribe swings. Way back! Hunter looks up. You can put it on the boooaaarrrrddd. YYEEESSS! And the Sox win and clinch the AL Central. YYEEEESSSS!!!!

:D:

CleeFan101
02-27-2005, 03:18 PM
"And thats another white sox winner"

gobears1987
02-27-2005, 05:01 PM
:putitontheboard

HE GAWN! and Freddy Garcia has broken Kerry Wood's single game strike out record. Take that Cubs.

johnny_mostil
02-27-2005, 05:24 PM
"And thats another white sox winner"

Nothing.

I want to hear Joe Buck, saying...

"The pitch... Swing and a miss! It's all over! The Chicago White Sox are champions of the World!"

zach074
02-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Nothing.

I want to hear Joe Buck, saying...

"The pitch... Swing and a miss! It's all over! The Chicago White Sox are champions of the World!"

If that happens i wont be able to stop smiling for a month at least.:)

SoxFan76
02-27-2005, 07:27 PM
If that happens i wont be able to stop smiling for a month at least.:)

I won't be listening to Joe Buck, I'll be listening to Rooney and Farmer.

UofCSoxFan
02-28-2005, 03:44 AM
"And Burhle opens up the 2005 season w/ a fastball strike."

Spring Training needs to end now.

btw...I'm a long time reader and finally got around to signing up...looking forward to a great year.

Cubbiesuck13
02-28-2005, 04:01 AM
I won't be listening to Joe Buck, I'll be listening to Rooney and Farmer.

Me too. It's not just my distaste for Buck but listening to the Sox announcers would be so much better.

Baby Fisk
02-28-2005, 09:20 AM

"And now it's time for viewer e-mail. I luuuuv e-mail!"

:DJ
*rolling his eyes*

SpammySosa
02-28-2005, 03:20 PM
"And Burhle opens up the 2005 season w/ a fastball strike."

Spring Training needs to end now.

btw...I'm a long time reader and finally got around to signing up...looking forward to a great year.

:welcome: