PDA

View Full Version : Braves close to extension with Tim Hudson

Jabroni
02-25-2005, 08:09 PM
http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=6245
Latest News Feb. 25, 2005 - 6:31 pm et

The Braves are close to signing Tim Hudson to a three-year deal with two option years, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
They would be vesting options that would become guaranteed if Hudson reaches certain innings totals. The contract is believed to be worth more than $11 million per year.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution (http://www.ajc.com/news/content/sports/braves/0205/26hudson.html)

Hangar18
02-25-2005, 08:11 PM
The Braves sure love American League Players dont they?

SOXintheBURGH
02-25-2005, 08:32 PM
"Screw you KW!!! ***????!?!?!?!!?#!!#?!!"

SoxFan76
02-25-2005, 08:48 PM
The Braves must have the best ownership of all time. Good Lord I'm jealous. It's not just this so much as it's the past 15 years.

PAPChiSox729
02-25-2005, 09:49 PM
The Braves must have the best ownership of all time. Good Lord I'm jealous. It's not just this so much as it's the past 15 years.

13 straight divisional titles is amazing. It is hard to believe that a team could be that successful for that long. But they won't ever be considered a notable dynasty since they only won the one championship in '95.

santo=dorf
02-25-2005, 10:13 PM

They have had a huge payroll, 13 consecutive divison titles, yet the "fans" don't even bother to fill up the stadium when the playoffs come through. :mad:

Fake Chet Lemon
02-25-2005, 11:45 PM
Keep an eye on Hudsen and Mulder. Interesting why the A's would deal them both, and not get equal talent back. There was another Oakland pitcher, once he left the greater BALCO area 55 saves a year and 100mph pitches were a thing of the past. Oh yea, and another former Oakland BALCO area boy now on the Yankees has also fallen on hard times. Interesting, does Billy Beane know something St Louis and Atlanta don't know- yet?

Jerome
02-26-2005, 01:04 AM
Keep an eye on Hudsen and Mulder. Interesting why the A's would deal them both, and not get equal talent back. There was another Oakland pitcher, once he left the greater BALCO area 55 saves a year and 100mph pitches were a thing of the past. Oh yea, and another former Oakland BALCO area boy now on the Yankees has also fallen on hard times. Interesting, does Billy Beane know something St Louis and Atlanta don't know- yet?

I think dealing Hudson and Mulder had more to do with money than anything. If BB had kept Hudson and Mulder, he would have a tough choice to make in the short future: Either let a rich team take them for nothing, or sign them to extensions, thereby putting a good chunk of the team's payroll in two arms.

I'm sure Mulder and Hudson will be good next year. Although one never knows. They migh get Billy Koch disease, but I doubt it.