PDA

View Full Version : Aww, Brian.....

Jjav829
02-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Collin (Franklin, MA): Cubs or White Sox?

http://espn.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Brian Urlacher: Cubs! I used to watch WGN growing up as a kid.

Shocker, right? I would have thought his buddy Mike Brown would have turned him around.

From Urlacher's ESPN.com chat (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=7401)

NSSoxFan
02-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Shocker, right? I would have thought his buddy Mike Brown would have turned him around.

From Urlacher's ESPN.com chat (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=7401)

If Urlacher wasn't a Bear, I would despise him. It isn't because of the scrubs remark but I consider him a few cards short of a full deck.

DumpJerry
02-25-2005, 03:49 PM
If Urlacher wasn't a Bear, I would despise him. It isn't because of the scrubs remark but I consider him a few cards short of a full deck.
I have a buddy who played Div. III football who is convinced Brian is on 'roids. His argument is that Brian weighed 185 until his senior year in college, then went to 245. His brother who played at Lake Forest remained 185, which is apparently the normal weight for men in his family. Then there were all the leg injuries in 2004 including that weird calf injury..............

Uncle_Patrick
02-25-2005, 03:53 PM
I have a buddy who played Div. III football who is convinced Brian is on 'roids.

:canseco

"Talk to me...I might know a thing or two about this."

MUsoxfan
02-25-2005, 03:56 PM
He's just on my list of people I have to respect a little less or not at all now:

Ditka
Belushi
Murray
Urlacher

Ol' No. 2
02-25-2005, 03:59 PM
I have a buddy who played Div. III football who is convinced Brian is on 'roids. His argument is that Brian weighed 185 until his senior year in college, then went to 245. His brother who played at Lake Forest remained 185, which is apparently the normal weight for men in his family. Then there were all the leg injuries in 2004 including that weird calf injury..............Both the NCAA and NFL have real testing programs (unlike MLB). Besides, it's not that unusual for a man to put on 30-40 pounds of muscle at that age. Your body is still maturing. It's when you do it in your 30's and you suddenly grow a Charlie Brown head that things get suspicious.

RKMeibalane
02-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Both the NCAA and NFL have real testing programs (unlike MLB). Besides, it's not that unusual for a man to put on 30-40 pounds of muscle at that age. Your body is still maturing. It's when you do it in your 30's and you suddenly grow a Charlie Brown head that things get suspicious.

Agreed. Dwight Howard grew two and half inches during the summer and put on twenty pounds. I seriously doubt if he's taking steroids.

fusillirob1983
02-25-2005, 04:04 PM
A lot of players put on weight during their jump to the NBA or NFL.

santo=dorf
02-25-2005, 04:06 PM
He's just on my list of people I have to respect a little less or not at all now:

Ditka
Belushi
Murray
Urlacher
You should be ashamed of yourself for at one point in your life having any respect for Jim Belushi.

MUsoxfan
02-25-2005, 04:08 PM
You should be ashamed of yourself for at one point in your life having any respect for Jim Belushi.

He had his moments

HebrewHammer
02-25-2005, 04:25 PM

Ditka
Belushi
Murray
Urlacher

Bernie Mac is missing from that list, especially since he grew up on the south side, only to be caught singing at The Urinal.

FightingBillini
02-25-2005, 08:11 PM
I don't blame Urlacher a bit. Where did he grow up? There was no baseball team in New Mexico, and the only ones on TV regularly were the flubs and the Braves. If our management wasn't so shortsighted, the Sox would have been on WGN a lot more, and we would have more fans across the country.

minastirith67
02-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Mike Brown's a Sox fan?

Jabroni
02-25-2005, 10:50 PM
Mike Brown's a Sox fan?Yeppers.

Brian26
02-25-2005, 11:02 PM
He had his moments

"Real Men" is a classic movie!

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
02-25-2005, 11:09 PM
THE CIA CLOWN ASSASSIN SQUAD!!!!

great great movie.

LongLiveFisk
02-25-2005, 11:36 PM
Mike Brown's a Sox fan?

Well I think so but I do remember Roosevelt Colvin wearing a Sox jersey (1983 era) when he was still on the Bears. I thought that was pretty damn cool. It's too bad it didn't rub off on Urlacher who once said in an interview that he didn't want to say which team he liked so as not to offend anyone. Hmmm...guess he's not worried about offending anyone anymore! :?:

Viva Medias B's
02-26-2005, 12:03 AM
Charles "Peanut" Tillman is a Sox fan too.

As for Urlacher, I remember the day after the Bears drafted him he was at Wrigley Field to throw out the first pitch. Urlacher was decked out in a Cubs cap and Cubs warmup jacket. I think it has been a Cubs tradition to have the Bears first rounder throw out the first pitch after Draft Day. Of course, that means there is an evil alliance between the Cubs and the Bears.

SSN721
02-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Charles "Peanut" Tillman is a Sox fan too.

As for Urlacher, I remember the day after the Bears drafted him he was at Wrigley Field to throw out the first pitch. Urlacher was decked out in a Cubs cap and Cubs warmup jacket. I think it has been a Cubs tradition to have the Bears first rounder throw out the first pitch after Draft Day. Of course, that means there is an evil alliance between the Cubs and the Bears.

My grandfather became a Chicago Cardinals fan only because at the time the Bears played at Wrigley and he was so much of a Sox fan he couldnt even root for a football team that played at the urinal.

DumpJerry
02-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Both the NCAA and NFL have real testing programs (unlike MLB). Besides, it's not that unusual for a man to put on 30-40 pounds of muscle at that age. Your body is still maturing. It's when you do it in your 30's and you suddenly grow a Charlie Brown head that things get suspicious.
When my friend told me his theory, I mentioned the much vaunted NFL 'roid testing program would make it difficult. He informed me that the NFL's program tests the players once a year and the players are given advance notice of when they will be tested.

If this is true, were Selig and Tagliabue separated at birth?:?:

Brian26
02-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Of course, that means there is an evil alliance between the Cubs and the Bears.

There actually is a bond between the Cubs and Bears that goes way beyond the relationship between the team nicknames. McCaskey hates Reinsdorf.

FightingBillini
02-26-2005, 07:23 PM
There actually is a bond between the Cubs and Bears that goes way beyond the relationship between the team nicknames. McCaskey hates Reinsdorf.

If we are going to group people together on the basis of whether they hate Reisndorf, you are going to have a really, really big association. Its alright, as long as Einhorn loves Jerry all is good.

Alanzo
02-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Anyone stop to think that these Cubs fans just don't care as much about baseball as we do?