PDA

View Full Version : Pierzynski settling in with Sox

Jabroni
02-25-2005, 01:10 PM
"Pierzynski settling in with Sox
Veteran catcher building relationships with pitchers"
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20050224&content_id=950156&vkey=spt2005news&fext=.jsp

Brian26
02-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Cool. Buehrle likes to play cards too...so maybe he and AJ can go over hitters pre-game over a hand of Spades or Eucker.:D:

gosox41
02-25-2005, 01:16 PM
"Pierzynski settling in with Sox
Veteran catcher building relationships with pitchers"
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20050224&content_id=950156&vkey=spt2005news&fext=.jsp

It's good to see. Hopefully he won't become a cancer because it's nice to have a catcher that can actually hit consistently in the line up.

Bob

DC Sox Fan
02-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Sounds good so far. Very encouraging article, especially considering those quotes were coming from a notorious clubhouse cancer.

Baby Fisk
02-25-2005, 01:24 PM
...Meanwhile, in Disneyland North, Dusty Baker angrily denied reports that he told Sammy Sosa he had a fat ass, shattering the sensitive superstar's fragile ego and causing him to rush away from Wrigley Field in tears on the last day of the season.

"Look man, I don't know where this is coming from, in fact, my focus during this Spring Training is not about what Sammy is saying about last year," Baker said. "My focus during this Spring Training is about what Sammy is saying now. I don't care about he said she said. That's history. Any other questions about Sammy?"

Elsewhere, Mark Prior expressed displeasure over Sosa's departure from the team.

"I can't believe how many little ****s want autographs," Prior muttered. "They used to flock around that jackass, now they swarm me everywhere. Look at those scratches on the door of my car. That's a brand new car and look at those ****ing scratches!"

WRIGLEY FIELD WATCH: 151 days without any concrete breaking away from the stadium! :thumbsup:

Clembasbal
02-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Cool. Buehrle likes to play cards too...so maybe he and AJ can go over hitters pre-game over a hand of Spades or Eucker.:D:

Eucker is the worst game ever, everybody in college played that...I just drank:gulp:

Also, if they can go over hitters playing cards and it works, then ok, do it. But if it doesn't work, I hope one of the two realize this and start doing it the more traditional way...studying the hitters.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Hopefully AJ is quad-lingual so he can understand all the pitchers and Ozzie.

Ol' No. 2
02-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Is anyone else thinking that a no-nonsense veteran catcher like AJ may be just the thing to get Garland's head on straight? The first time he goes 0-2 on a hitter and then starts nibbling, AJ should go out and slap him upside the head.

Jabroni
02-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Eucker is the worst game ever, everybody in college played that...I just drank:gulp:

Also, if they can go over hitters playing cards and it works, then ok, do it. But if it doesn't work, I hope one of the two realize this and start doing it the more traditional way...studying the hitters.It's spelled Euchre and it's a great game! :angry:
Is anyone else thinking that a no-nonsense veteran catcher like AJ may be just the thing to get Garland's head on straight? The first time he goes 0-2 on a hitter and then starts nibbling, AJ should go out and slap him upside the head.Haha, agreed.

Baby Fisk
02-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Is anyone else thinking that a no-nonsense veteran catcher like AJ may be just the thing to get Garland's head on straight? The first time he goes 0-2 on a hitter and then starts nibbling, AJ should go out and slap him upside the head.
Lock Garland in a room with Carlton Fisk for an hour and he'll come out a 20 game winner. Here's hoping Pierzynski can straighten him out.

SOXintheBURGH
02-25-2005, 02:21 PM
It's spelled Euchre and it's a great game! :angry:
Haha, agreed.

Yeah, I was about to say, "I never played Eucker but I can kick anyone's arse at Euchre." I play it all the time, its easy to play while drinking too Clembasbal!

God, I can't take the wait any longer. Come on April...

PANFIRECRACKER
02-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Haha, agreed.

Maybe we should have a WSI euchre party. We arrange to use a bar with enough tables. All players contribute $10 to WSI. We play and drink during a Sox broadcast. WSI has a couple raffles giving away merchandise.

mjharrison72
02-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Maybe we should have a WSI euchre party. We arrange to use a bar with enough tables. All players contribute $10 to WSI. We play and drink during a Sox broadcast. WSI has a couple raffles giving away merchandise.
Once I move to Chicago, I would be down for that... but maybe not *during* a Sox game. Before or after, yes...
I am encouraged by this news about AJ... but are we more worried about how he will work with the pitchers or about his bat? I guess his work with the pitchers is cricual, but I guess I have faith in him... I am more excited/concerned that he swing a big left-handed bat in the bottom of the order.

Clembasbal
02-25-2005, 03:03 PM

Just spelling it the way Brian26 did. Sorry for the spelling error...it still is a stupid game though.

idseer
02-25-2005, 03:12 PM
on the other hand ... spades is a great game!

SoxFan76
02-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Spades, Euchre, there isn't much difference. I prefer spades though. We used to play that everyday during lunch. You weren't really supposed to have playing cards in school though. Teachers didn't really mess with the football players though, so they let us be.