PDA

View Full Version : Classic Cubdom

danman31
10-27-2001, 11:01 PM
CLTV(A Tribune owned network) had Sports Page on and they were doing their once a week Cubs show. I wasn't watching it, but it was the last thing on my tv as something good was on. The guest is some idiot. They show the play of the infamous ivy game at Wrigley. Cordero was around 3rd and Sosa called time as he didn't even look. Just a refresher for those of you who were in a cave at the time. This guy is a total idiot, the classic Cub fan. Thinks he knows it all and really doesn't. He was giving **** to the anchor from CLTV. She is from Boston and he was talking about the Red Sox. He was flirting with her too. He was talking **** about the White Sox. I will stop this now to not piss the rest of you off as much as I am.

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 11:40 PM
You must not have be a big score fan then. That was Les Grobstein who used to work with WSCR 670AM. Yes he is a Cub fan but he's not the crazy cub fan who just goes to the park for the women and beer. I like Les (no not that way) and his comments didn't bother me at all.

ihatethecubs
10-28-2001, 12:22 AM
yea les is usually pretty fair to the sox all the time and he knows a lot. why isnt he on anymore? now i have to listen to t-dub and he's boring

Jerry_Manuel
10-28-2001, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
yea les is usually pretty fair to the sox all the time and he knows a lot. why isnt he on anymore? now i have to listen to t-dub and he's boring

Les was fired from the score for misuse of a press pass. The real reason was that his contract was up soon and they didn't want to increase his pay.

Daver
10-28-2001, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Les was fired from the score for misuse of a press pass. The real reason was that his contract was up soon and they didn't want to increase his pay.

Les was fired for a long list of importunities that included using press credentials for personal gain,but I think the Score may have made a mistake in firing him outright.
I noticed he hasn't been able to get a radio gig since they let him go though.

Jerry_Manuel
10-28-2001, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by daver
Les was fired for a long list of importunities that included using press credentials for personal gain,but I think the Score may have made a mistake in firing him outright.
I noticed he hasn't been able to get a radio gig since they let him go though.

Well Daver that is because he has a no compete clause in his contract which means he can't work anywhere else. (I assume you already knew what that meant Daver, just saying for everyone else) Yes the Score made a mistake firing him, yet they keep North on the air so go figure.

Daver
10-28-2001, 01:01 AM

Well Daver that is because he has a no compete clause in his contract which means he can't work anywhere else. (I assume you already knew what that meant Daver, just saying for everyone else) Yes the Score made a mistake firing him, yet they keep North on the air so go figure.

His no compete clause goes out the window like a puff of smoke when they fire him,if he was to quit he would have to honor it,if they fire him he is free to do as he pleases.

Jerry_Manuel
10-28-2001, 01:03 AM
His no compete clause goes out the window like a puff of smoke when they fire him,if he was to quit he would have to honor it,if they fire him he is free to do as he pleases.

Well then perhaps it was a mutal thing and he left on his own then. Look that is what he said, and quite frankly it would be silly for him to lie about it.

Daver
10-28-2001, 01:06 AM
He was fired and was quoted as saying he was fired,and admitted to some of the particulars behind his firing,so his lack of a job is not because of a non competition clause.

Jerry_Manuel
10-28-2001, 01:08 AM
He was fired and was quoted as saying he was fired,and admitted to some of the particulars behind his firing,so his lack of a job is not because of a non competition clause.

See this is why I don't get into arguements, because I always lose. Damn you Daver.

Daver
10-28-2001, 01:11 AM

See this is why I don't get into arguements, because I always lose. Damn you Daver.

It ain't my fault that you don't have the facts to back you up,just do what I do....

BLAME CANADA BLAME CANADA

:)

Jerry_Manuel
10-28-2001, 01:29 AM
It ain't my fault that you don't have the facts to back you up,just do what I do....

I know, I'm a poor arguer. To bad I can't fall back on "But what the hell do I know".

Daver
10-28-2001, 01:32 AM

I know, I'm a poor arguer. To bad I can't fall back on "But what the hell do I know".

I have that copyrighted,you can use it but you have to pay me if you do.

:)

Jerry_Manuel
10-28-2001, 01:35 AM
I have that copyrighted,you can use it but you have to pay me if you do.

You should look into getting the copyrighted mark next to your phrase. That should eliminate people like me using the term.

CLR01
10-28-2001, 01:54 AM

You should look into getting the copyrighted mark next to your phrase. That should eliminate people like me using the term.

type alt+0169 and you can get it in there. But then again what the hell don't i know.

LongDistanceFan
10-28-2001, 04:19 AM
when i see cubdom...... i keep misreading the damn thing...... i keep on seeing condom........ esp this early in the morning.

Daver
10-28-2001, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

type alt+0169 and you can get it in there. But then again what the hell don't i know.

Thanx CLR that is exactly what I needed

But then again what the hell do I know?