PDA

View Full Version : Valenstache back to switch-hitting

Jabroni
02-25-2005, 08:09 AM
http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=4948
Latest News Feb. 25, 2005 - 5:36 am et

Jose Valentin, who batted exclusively from the left side last season, has been asked to give switch-hitting another try this spring.
The Dodgers will check out his right-handed swing and determine whether he should keep it or not. Either way, Valentin won't be getting many at-bats against lefties. He hit .191 against them last year and .163 over the last three years.

Source: Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodrep25feb25,1,4211523.story?coll=la-headlines-sports)

samram
02-25-2005, 08:48 AM
Yeah, that experiment will last about a week, and then Tracy will say, "You know what, just stick with the left-handed hitting, that's fine, bad idea on my part."

wdelaney72
02-25-2005, 09:25 AM
I'm so glad he's not our problem anymore.

Brian26
02-25-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm so glad he's not our problem anymore.

IMHO, Jose would actually still fill a nice role on this team. What's the one thing we still need? A guy that can play short and third and occassionally pinch hit.

mjharrison72
02-25-2005, 01:47 PM
At one point, I was thinking he should probably just bunt every time he faces a lefty... but he can't bunt, either.

mcfish
02-25-2005, 02:50 PM
IMHO, Jose would actually still fill a nice role on this team. What's the one thing we still need? A guy that can play short and third and occassionally pinch hit.For $5 million? No thanks.

Plus, I just don't think the he would have become exclusively a backup without a fight.

the_valenstache
02-25-2005, 05:45 PM
I don't like what this post title might suggest about my personal life.

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

:smile:

Foulke You
02-25-2005, 05:56 PM
For $5 million? No thanks.

Plus, I just don't think the he would have become exclusively a backup without a fight.

I think eventually, Jose will have to accept that he is getting older and accept a lesser role on a team someday. I would love to have had him as a pinch hitter because with the game on the line, the guy came through many times however, he would not have agreed to be a backup infielder. I have a lot of fond memories of Jose and wish him luck in the NL. Especially when the Dodgers play the Cubs.:cool:

Chisox003
02-25-2005, 06:10 PM
IMHO, Jose would actually still fill a nice role on this team. What's the one thing we still need? A guy that can play short and third and occassionally pinch hit.

Whats another thing we dont need? A guy thats a guaranteed K.... 9 out of 10 times

Jose is clutch, but Im actually pretty happy to see his bat out of the lineup...Nothing personal, because he seemed like a leader

I hope Dransfeldt/Valdez get a shot...The more I think about it, the more I want one of those guys backing up the MIF

WSox8404
02-26-2005, 12:01 AM

Not for five million dollars though.

Brian26
02-26-2005, 12:11 AM
Not for five million dollars though.

Of course not. Only if he would have signed cheaper. I don't think the Sox even pursued him with any offer.

Dadawg_77
02-26-2005, 11:11 AM
I think Jose is going to be platooned out there and play between SS and 3B.