PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee not in camp yet?

Clembasbal
02-24-2005, 10:31 PM
Carlos Lee, though I liked him when he was in our pinstripes, seems to be having a few problems with his visa and is stuck in Panama.

Linky (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=fanball-brewersleehasvisapro&prov=fanball&type=lgns)

Now, I seem to recall he had a visa problem before, or was this Magglio? Or another White Sox?

To make this a worthwhile thread...other than el Duque...who else on the Sox do you think is older than they actually say...or lied in the past?

SomebodyToldMe
02-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Freddy had troubles I believe during Soxfest.

SOXintheBURGH
02-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Freddy had troubles I believe during Soxfest.

I wasn't at SoxFest but yeah I remember hearing that too.

Rocklive99
02-24-2005, 10:45 PM
I remember Lee having visa problems before, but I can't remember which year, possibly last year's ST also? Real broad memory on it

Palehose13
02-24-2005, 10:46 PM
I thought Magglio had some problems last year too...was it when he was injured?

Fake Chet Lemon
02-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Carlos Lee, though I liked him when he was in our pinstripes, seems to be having a few problems with his visa and is stuck in Panama.

Linky (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=fanball-brewersleehasvisapro&prov=fanball&type=lgns)

Now, I seem to recall he had a visa problem before, or was this Magglio? Or another White Sox?

To make this a worthwhile thread...other than el Duque...who else on the Sox do you think is older than they actually say...or lied in the past?

Sammy Sosa

Palehose13
02-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Sammy Sosa

Well, one time he was late because he was detained for beating his wife with a rum bottle. When he was with the scrubs, I don't think he had visa problems. I think it was ego issues.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Well, one time he was late because he was detained for beating his wife with a rum bottle. When he was with the scrubs, I don't think he had visa problems. I think it was ego issues.

My angle was more the age thing. I think he's older than he lets on.

Palehose13
02-24-2005, 11:06 PM

Sammy? Yeah...probably.

Clembasbal
02-24-2005, 11:14 PM

If you look at the pictures of when he played with Texas, you will think he was only 16 then...I don't know if he is much older than he states. If he is, then I am probably wrong.

I just remember there were a ton of players getting caught after 9/11 for visa's, and to still have Visa problems must mean something even more...maybe?

popilius
02-25-2005, 01:54 AM
Do these guys wait till the night before spring training to get their Visa problems fixed or what? I'm a Latino myself whose had many Latino friends/family, and although I've met many people from Latin America in college and in Chicago- this problem has never occurred! It's pretty ridiculous. . .

:gulp:

MUsoxfan
02-25-2005, 03:52 AM
Do these guys wait till the night before spring training to get their Visa problems fixed or what? I'm a Latino myself whose had many Latino friends/family, and although I've met many people from Latin America in college and in Chicago- this problem has never occurred! It's pretty ridiculous. . .

:gulp:

Keeping in mind I know NOTHING about the immigration system, I think the problem might be is that they have some sort of exemption Visas. They're not citizens, but they're not tourists and they may have neglected to fill out proper paperwork. JMO