PDA

View Full Version : tonight on CSN

woodenleg
02-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Just wanted to let you know that 'Covering the Bases' starts tonight on Comcast Sports Net at 7. There'll be coverage of spring training, I guess.

CHIsoxNation
02-24-2005, 06:42 PM
AWESOME! I'm getting so excited for all this baseball. I can't wait til Baseball tonight starts up again.

mdep524
02-24-2005, 06:49 PM
CSN's coverage:

1. Interview with Kerry Woods, about how he is underrated because his career wining percentage is so low. Analysts predict a 20-win season.

2. Fluff piece on Nomar Garciaparra being the de facto captain of the Cubs, no mention of his unceremonious exit in Boston for being a poor clubhouse presence.

3. Mention that Cubs tickets go on sale tomorrow morning.

4. Several interviews with Dusty Baker about OJ Simpson, Popeye the Sailor Man, slavery and tooth picks. In-studio hosts comment how good of a job Dusty does steering the Cubs ship, then invite Darren Baker to sit in with them for the rest of the show.

5. <Commercial break>

6. AP footage of Sammy Sosa taking BP for the Orioles.

7. 20 second interview with KW asking "how in the hell do you expect to replace all the homeruns you lost this offseason?"

8. Reminder that Cubs tickets go on sale tomorrow.

....OK, hopefully CSN's coverage will be more balanced than the Cubune's. :)

MUsoxfan
02-24-2005, 06:52 PM
I saw Rooney on CSN's "Tribune Show" or whatever. I didn't catch what he had to say because I had to go to dinner.

santo=dorf
02-24-2005, 06:57 PM
I saw Rooney on CSN's "Tribune Show" or whatever. I didn't catch what he had to say because I had to go to dinner.

He pretty much ran through what every has been talking about these past couple of months. We also mentioned how he remembered hearing talks of Shingo being sent down to AAA after last spring.

On the Sportsnite show after it, they had a piece on BMac and quoted Ozzie as saying he's readf for the major leagues mentally, and KW has already told him along with others they were cut because the rotation was set. BMactalked about how he was a White Sox fan growing up in Colorado because of Frank Thomas and it's a dream come true for him to be where he's at today.

Konerko05
02-24-2005, 07:15 PM
What channel is CSN in Chicago?

MUsoxfan
02-24-2005, 07:20 PM

Depends on where you live

Tadahito
02-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Man, the guy that hit Remlingers daughter is a complete assbag.

Konerko05
02-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Found it, Channel 37.

havelj
02-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Weak show - would have liked to hear more on position battles, injuries, etc.

Rocklive99
02-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Weren't we promised Classic Sox games? :cuss:

woodenleg
02-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Yeah, they only had about two minutes of White Sox.

BRDSR
02-24-2005, 11:35 PM

Does anyone know what channel it is on dish network? I'm at school during the spring but in the summer I'll be at home and I'm not 100% sure we get it. Would seem weird if we didn't but I didn't see it over Christmas vacation. Anybody know?

Medford Bobby
02-25-2005, 01:03 AM
:o: Dish Network will start airing CSN on April 1st....on a channel number not yet named, but it could be on 421 the old FSN Chicago number???????:angry:

So much for spring triaining coverage for us Dish Netter's:whiner:

Iwritecode
02-25-2005, 09:26 AM

Now Remlinger is starting a lawsuit because the guy didn't call him up and apologize. :whiner:

His daughter is ok now, I'm sure the insurance covered the cost of the all medical bills, what's the point?

Iwritecode
02-25-2005, 09:27 AM

What's worse is it wasn't anything that we didn't already know.

DumpJerry
02-25-2005, 09:38 AM
They are helping Kenny fly under the radar. I don't give a hoot what the media says (or does not say) about the Sox. I just hope that when October rolls around and the Sox are in the post season and the Flubs are in the toilet, our callers get through to remind the "experts" what they said during the pre-season.:D:

jenmcm76
02-25-2005, 02:54 PM

My favorite part of the piece was where they gratuitously showed the police report from the accident, complete with the Remlingers' Chicago address. They kinda blacked it out, but you could still read it.