PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie scouted A.J.

Jabroni
02-24-2005, 05:00 PM
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/241sd8.htm
A.J.'s A-OK

At least Guillen has been impressed with the performance of the guy who caught Hernandez, Sox newcomer A.J. Pierzynski.

"I think A.J.'s been great," Guillen said. "He does all his work."

Guillen did his, too, before Pierzynski was acquired. After a rocky ending to his stint with the Minnesota Twins, Pierzynski had one tumultuous season in San Francisco before coming to the Sox.

"I talked to a couple people in the league players, I talked to (Giants manager Felipe) Alou about him," Guillen said. "Almost everyone told me the same thing: He just shows up. He's a gamer."

BRDSR
02-24-2005, 05:36 PM
That sounds like a euphamism for "more than a little rough around the edges." I'll happily take it, haha.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-24-2005, 10:58 PM
If Torii Hunter comes around third hard this year and gets an elbow in the face and popped in the nuts by AJ, I don't care what else AJ does. HE'S MY GUY.

no.72
02-25-2005, 05:46 AM
hey, he's a sox now.

i could care less what his past is, as long as he didnt juice. what he does for us is all that matters to me.

glad to have him.

DumpJerry
02-25-2005, 10:41 AM
If Torii Hunter comes around third hard this year and gets an elbow in the face and popped in the nuts by AJ, I don't care what else AJ does. HE'S MY GUY.
Where will he set up the first time Toriiiiii comes up? Behind the hip? Behind the knee? Behind the head?

Clembasbal
02-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Where will he set up the first time Toriiiiii comes up? Behind the hip? Behind the knee? Behind the head?

If it is up to Ozzie, the outside corner.

DumpJerry
02-25-2005, 12:28 PM
I think that was Carlos Lee's suggestion.................

WSox8404
02-25-2005, 11:46 PM
I think that was Carlos Lee's suggestion.................

Ha.....LeeGone.

voodoochile
02-26-2005, 08:22 AM

Perfect. Then throw it at TorIIIIIII's ribs and he'll never see it coming.