PDA

View Full Version : 5-1 D-Backs!

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 09:09 PM
With Curt on the mound it's looking like a win. But I won't say it's a lock, I don't want to hex him like Kempers would.

GASHWOUND
10-27-2001, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
With Curt on the mound it's looking like a win. But I won't say it's a lock, I don't want to hex him like Kempers would.

I'll say it, its a LOCK! There's no way the Spanks can score 4 runs of Shilling.
The guys a machine I say.

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
I'll say it, its a LOCK! There's no way the Spanks can score 4 runs of Shilling.

Ok that's fine you don't have the history of hexing players like Kempers.

KempersRS
10-27-2001, 09:18 PM
I don't know about the other games, no matter who is pitching, but tonight is a lock for the D-Backs!

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
I don't know about the other games, no matter who is pitching, but tonight is a lock for the D-Backs!

Well, maybe your streak of hexing will come to an end tonight.

FarWestChicago
10-27-2001, 09:20 PM
:cleo

You have amazin' powers, Kempers mon. You make dat post and Posada gets a hit.

KempersRS
10-27-2001, 09:22 PM
I am only remembered for the bad...anybody remember the KC game with Danny Wright on the hill? Come on, that was a great call!

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 09:24 PM
I am only remembered for the bad...anybody remember the KC game with Danny Wright on the hill? Come on, that was a great call!

No I don't remember that game. I do however recall the game in KC with Gary Glover on the mound where you hexed his perfect game.

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:cleo
You have amazin' powers, Kempers mon. You make dat post and Posada gets a hit.

Hey Mrs. Cleo,
Stop sending me emails, I have not called you in the past and I will not do so now.

KempersRS
10-27-2001, 09:32 PM

No I don't remember that game. I do however recall the game in KC with Gary Glover on the mound where you hexed his perfect game.

Here we are! 7 run first for the Royals, I posted this right after...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2147

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 09:37 PM
Here we are! 7 run first for the Royals, I posted this right after...

Well you predicted a comeback, that's not hexing a particular player though. Oh well it's all water under the bridge.

KempersRS
10-27-2001, 09:39 PM

Well you predicted a comeback, that's not hexing a particular player though. Oh well it's all water under the bridge.

So when I make the right call, its water under the bridge, but when I hex em, we just can't get enough of it? This policy sucks :)

FarWestChicago
10-27-2001, 09:40 PM

So when I make the right call, its water under the bridge, but when I hex em, we just can't get enough of it? Something like that. :)

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 09:46 PM
So when I make the right call, its water under the bridge, but when I hex em, we just can't get enough of it? This policy sucks

No it's not that, your hexing out weighs the good things. Like Jerry Manuel when he does good, it is the team who gets the credit. When he does bad he gets ripped on and we don't forget.

KempersRS
10-27-2001, 09:48 PM

No it's not that, your hexing out ways the good things. Like Jerry Manuel when he does good, it is the team who gets the credit. When he does bad he gets ripped on and we don't forget.

Thats the job of a coach. You protect your team and take no credit. By the way, when did Jerry do anything good in 2001?

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 09:54 PM
Thats the job of a coach. You protect your team and take no credit. By the way, when did Jerry do anything good in 2001?

First off let me correct something in my previous post I said "ways" when I should have said "weighs" my bad. As far as what Jerry did good, remember the time he...well you know the game where he....ok I got it the one inning where he....I forgot.

:)

LongDistanceFan
10-27-2001, 10:01 PM
life is good............ the yanks are losing

GASHWOUND
10-27-2001, 10:18 PM

First off let me correct something in my previous post I said "ways" when I should have said "weighs" my bad. As far as what Jerry did good, remember the time he...well you know the game where he....ok I got it the one inning where he....I forgot.

:)

When you say when Jerry did something "good" what exactly do you mean? If he ever made a good call(called for steal, pinch runner, hit&run) kind of managing or the lineup switches? he did manage the 4 games we won agaist the Flubs? Thats a thumbs up in my book. But he did play that crappy lineup early on, thats a thumbs down in my book.

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 10:31 PM
When you say when Jerry did something "good" what exactly do you mean?

I don't know Kempers asked the question.

KempersRS
10-27-2001, 10:46 PM

When you say when Jerry did something "good" what exactly do you mean? If he ever made a good call(called for steal, pinch runner, hit&run) kind of managing or the lineup switches? he did manage the 4 games we won agaist the Flubs? Thats a thumbs up in my book. But he did play that crappy lineup early on, thats a thumbs down in my book.

I am not sure exactly what it means, but think of it this way... When was the last time Jerry made a move and you said to yourself "Good call Jerry!"?