PDA

View Full Version : Dusty Baker compares Bonds to O.J.

Jabroni
02-24-2005, 11:03 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050223cubsbits,1,1595003.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true
Baker on Bonds

Dusty Baker didn't want to give his opinion on Barry Bonds' news conference during a group interview Wednesday, saying he hadn't seen much of it on ESPN. Interviewed afterward by a small group of print reporters, Baker compared Bonds' situation to that of O.J. Simpson after his double murder trial. "I mean, O.J. was found [not guilty] but in the minds of a lot of people he was still guilty," Baker said. "Why do we have this system in place here if you're going to be exonerated for something and still be guilty?"Hey Dusty, I can guarantee you that Bonds is about as innocent as O.J. :rolleyes:

Baby Fisk
02-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Dusty Baker you are CLOWN SHOES.

mantis1212
02-24-2005, 11:38 AM
How does Dusty Baker have any creditibility at all? With anybody?

The guy is an absolute joke.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-24-2005, 11:41 AM
How does Dusty Baker have any creditibility at all? With anybody?

The guy is an absolute joke.

How about it. If any of the sports mediots had any real balls, they would ask Dusty if O.J. and Barry are both
built for the heat, too.

:kukoo:

samram
02-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Dusty Baker you are CLOWN SHOES.

Wouldn't it be great if they put Dusty on a red train and he could just stop in different towns, step of the train in big red shoes (maybe give him a ringmaster cape just to make him feel good) with 'Wall Street Rag' playing in the background, and speak his mind for 20 minutes or so? Something about ability to play in the sun, how only his team should be allowed to celebrate victories, or his thoughts on the legal system, etc. I would watch that.

spawn
02-24-2005, 11:47 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050223cubsbits,1,1595003.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true
Hey Dusty, I can guarantee you that Bonds is about as innocent as O.J. :rolleyes:

Hey now! O.J. didn't kill those people! He would never harm Nicole! As a matter of fact, he's still looking for the real killer, and I hear he's pretty close to finding him!

Palehose13
02-24-2005, 11:53 AM
How about it. If any of the sports mediots had any real balls, they would ask Dusty if O.J. and Barry are both
built for the heat, too.

:kukoo:

No doubt. Dusty is a clown. He fits perfectly with the lemmings and their clown suit baseball team. "In Dusty we Trusty". I hate the barf tag. If I could stomach it, I would place it here.

spawn
02-24-2005, 11:57 AM
I was talking to a buddy of mine who is a Cub fan. He bought his first jersey last year (Sosa!:o: ). Anyway, we agreed on something. Sosa is taking a lot of heat for last season, and rightfully so. But Dusty lost control of his team, and he's getting a pass. Ozzie got ripped a few times by the media las season, but for some reason Dusty, with all the assinie statements he's made, is treated with kid gloves. What's up with that?

DumpJerry
02-24-2005, 12:00 PM
I was talking to a buddy of mine who is a Cub fan. He bought his first jersey last year (Sosa!:o: ). Anyway, we agreed on something. Sosa is taking a lot of heat for last season, and rightfully so. But Dusty lost control of his team, and he's getting a pass. Ozzie got ripped a few times by the media las season, but for some reason Dusty, with all the assinie statements he's made, is treated with kid gloves. What's up with that?
Nobody could make out what Ozzie was saying.:tongue:

chuckn98229
02-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Never could understand the adulation for Dusty. He is no more than a tool for the cubune organization. As a manager, he has choked time and time again. Of course, he would stand behind Bonds - as Bonds played for him so he had to know what was going on. If he says anything that supports the conclusion that Bonds is a juice-junky, then he indicts himself. Maybe Dusty was the candyman and Darren was his mule?

LongLiveFisk
02-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Hey Dusty, I can guarantee you that Bonds is about as innocent as O.J. :rolleyes:

And Michael Jackson :o:

Jerko
02-24-2005, 12:46 PM
So if Bonds is OJ that must make Sosa A.C. Cowlings. Didn't he show up to Oriole camp in a white vehicle?

Lip Man 1
02-24-2005, 12:53 PM
What I find interesting today is that I have not read or heard any comments anywhere by anyone on Sosa's comment that Dusty gave him the 'day off,' on the last day of last season. (and that includes the media...)

Sosa apparently thought that gave him justification to leave early.

Wonder why Dusty isn't commenting on that little aside?

Lip

Uncle_Patrick
02-24-2005, 01:00 PM
What I find interesting today is that I have not read or heard any comments anywhere by anyone on Sosa's comment that Dusty gave him the 'day off,' on the last day of last season. (and that includes the media...)

Lip

Dusty probably told Sammy he could take the last day of the season off at the same time that Sammy told Dusty that he would have no problem moving down in the batting order.

Irishsox1
02-24-2005, 01:14 PM
The fact that Dusty and Bonds are turning this into a race issue is absolutely ridiculous. Giambi is white and Conseco is Cuban, yet they aren't turning this into a race issue. Dusty Baker and Barry Bonds are using there race as an excuse. This is not Alabama mid 1950's with voting rights and education on the line, this is about multi-millionare who cheated to gain an advantage in pro-sports. I wonder how African-Americans feel about this? I have a feeling they aren't backing Dusty and Barry on this one!

PaleHoseGeorge
02-24-2005, 01:22 PM
The fact that Dusty and Bonds are turning this into a race issue is absolutely ridiculous. Giambi is white and Conseco is Cuban, yet they aren't turning this into a race issue....

Well to be fair, Canseco has claimed MLB didn't promote his accomplishments (vs. somebody like Mark McGwire's) because Latino ballplayers are discriminated against.

We can chalk this whole thing up to one very simple explanation: those people who lie, cheat, and steal have 1000 different explanations for excusing their own misconduct -- not a single one of them involves personal responsiblity.

We're all liars and cheats. Just ask Barry Bonds.
:cool:

RKMeibalane
02-24-2005, 03:58 PM
I can make a comparison, too: Has anyone else noticed the similarity between Dusty Baker and the common rooster? Both of them crow endlessly, even though no one wants to listen to them.

Jerko
02-24-2005, 04:26 PM
I can make a comparison, too: Has anyone else noticed the similarity between Dusty Baker and the common rooster? Both of them crow endlessly, even though no one wants to listen to them.

And both are often called "cocks".

Steelrod
02-24-2005, 04:35 PM
We Sox fans should be grateful that Dusty managers the team up north. My biggest fear is their success. Having him at the helm makes me sleep much better. In two years he has torn the team and the broadcast booth down and put in his kind of people. Ask the fans in San Francisco how much they miss him.
Compare the moves in this off season. At what position have the Cubs upgraded from last year? And that INCLUDES starting ptichers. The answer is ZERO!!!

maurice
02-24-2005, 05:05 PM

Lip

Dusty responded today (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1998943), but surprisingly his explanation doesn't make any sense:
"Actually, the trainer came in the night before and told me he (Sosa) wanted off," Baker said. "He said he wanted off. I said, `Fine, if that's how you want it, if you don't want to play, then I'll play (rookie Jason) Dubois. I didn't give him the day off. He asked for it. Again, it's a matter of who you believe."

So while he admits that he said "fine" when Sosa asked for the day off, Baker simultaneously claims that he didn't "give him the day off." That'd argument would go over like a lead zepplin in the real world . . .

Worker: Hey boss, can I have tomorrow off?
Boss: Fine.
[two days later]
Boss: Why didn't you show up for work yesterday?
Worker: You gave me the day off.
Boss: You're lying! I never gave you the day off!
Worker: Huh? I asked for the day off, and you said "fine."
Boss: That's true . . . but I never gave you the day off!

Jabroni
02-24-2005, 05:12 PM
Just because Sosa is getting the day off and not starting, he still has to show up to the park and sit in the dugout incase he is needed to pinch hit.

maurice
02-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Just because Sosa is getting the day off and not starting, he still has to show up to the park and sit in the dugout incase he is needed to pinch hit.

Absolutely, but that's a separate issue. I agree that Sosa's interpretation of "day off" is nuts in the context of MLB, but Dusty skipped over that and instead tried to re-define what the word "give" means.

It's silly for the media to portray Sosa as the bad guy and Baker as the good guy, when their own quotes make it clear that they're both :kukoo:.

CubKilla
02-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Hey now! O.J. didn't kill those people! He would never harm Nicole! As a matter of fact, he's still looking for the real killer, and I hear he's pretty close to finding him!

The real killer must be on a golf course then.

SOXintheBURGH
02-24-2005, 11:57 PM
Absolutely, but that's a separate issue. I agree that Sosa's interpretation of "day off" is nuts in the context of MLB, but Dusty skipped over that and instead tried to re-define what the word "give" means.

It's silly for the media to portray Sosa as the bad guy and Baker as the good guy, when their own quotes make it clear that they're both :kukoo:.

:shammy
"Why are you telling me this?! You aren't my father. This interview is over! Over mother-!!"

Kuzman
02-25-2005, 08:42 AM
anyone else catch this line in the story?

"I mean, O.J. was found [not guilty] but in the minds of a lot of people he was still guilty," Baker said.

Uhh. O.J. also didn't ADMIT THAT HE KILLED HER! Bonds ADMIT that he took steroids "unknowingly" and Baker is acting like he's never touched the stuff.

Come on Dusty think about what youre saying and who youre comparing him to.

wdelaney72
02-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Not that I care, cause they're the idiots that signed him, but at what point does the Cub organization put a muzzle on Dusty and not let him talk to reporters. He disgraces the team almost every time he's interviewed.

And people think Frank Thomas puts his foot in his mouth... man.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-25-2005, 11:55 PM
When Duuh-sty said the Cubs historically didn't win because they played day games with players with too light of skin color, I wasn't completely sure if was racist. But at least he confirmed for me that he IS stupid. He was suspect coming into town because of his IRS troubles. I mean, how hard is is to go to H&R Block and file your taxes?

WSox8404
02-25-2005, 11:57 PM

Yeah, he is a few feet away from his bathroom mirror.

Viva Medias B's
02-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Since Dusty once said he has a phone book full of dead people, maybe he called Ron and Nicole and found out something we don't know.