View Full Version : Crazy Carl: "Liars! You're all liars!"

BigEdWalsh
02-24-2005, 10:28 AM
Carl Everett speaks out:
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/241sd7.htm
:gulp:

Palehose13
02-24-2005, 10:34 AM
I loooooove Crazy Carl. He is truly a grinder and a team player.

Iwritecode
02-24-2005, 11:06 AM
This goes along perfectly with what I saw of him at Soxfest.

He is really a fun-loving guy that likes to joke around. I never would have thought that had I not met him personally.

spawn
02-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Crazy Carl is the man. I can't wait to see a healthy Everett for a full season in a Sox uniform. Hopefully he stays healthy!

samram
02-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Crazy Carl is the man. I can't wait to see a healthy Everett for a full season in a Sox uniform. Hopefully he stays healthy!

Yeah, if he's healthy, he's going to have a solid year. I'm thinking 25 HR and 80 RBI, especially if Frank misses a bunch of time. It will also be nice to have a guy like him to give Rowand or Dye a day off against tough righties. And if he has a big year only because he's worried about the FA market after the season, fine by me, because he won't be back anyway.

SoxxoS
02-24-2005, 11:52 AM
Crazy Carl is the man.

Crazy Carl is really the man in contract years...I hope that proves true this year.

Randar68
02-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Yeah, if he's healthy, he's going to have a solid year. I'm thinking 25 HR and 80 RBI, especially if Frank misses a bunch of time. It will also be nice to have a guy like him to give Rowand or Dye a day off against tough righties. And if he has a big year only because he's worried about the FA market after the season, fine by me, because he won't be back anyway.

It all depends on how much he plays. With 3 set OF'ers, a 1B and a DH who will be back likely before June 1st, how much will Carl be playing?

If he played full-time, I could see him repeating his numbers the year we traded for him from Texas. He always has big years in contract years. He's done it about 4 times...

tstrike2000
02-24-2005, 12:08 PM
The fact that he slimmed down really helps Carl with his knees and overall health. He sounds motivated and determined which is something this team has been missing. Between him, the new direction of the team, and what seems to be a motivated Crede, there's good reason for optimism.

Ol' No. 2
02-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Does anyone else think that Ozzie might be the ideal manager for Dino? Ozzie doesn't take any nonsense, but he's so goofy himself he makes Carl look normal by comparison.:smile:

HITMEN OF 77
02-24-2005, 12:43 PM
I don't see how anyone can't like Crazy Carl, the guys a stud.

A. Cavatica
02-24-2005, 12:49 PM
I still think he's washed up. Slimmer or not, I'll predict a mediocre season for him.

mweflen
02-24-2005, 12:50 PM
I wonder about Carl. He seems to have a lot of nagging muscle injuries. And then he says things like:

Carl Everett's take on the whole steroids controversy: "It's all garbage. You need to move on and let it go."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050223soxbits,1,3150633.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

Just seems shady. Let it go? Sounds like an unfaithful husband telling his wife "it's all garbage, it's in the past, let's move on."

TheBull19
02-24-2005, 01:02 PM
It will also be nice to have a guy like him to give Rowand or Dye a day off against tough righties.

I have a feeling he's going to be giving Podsednik a whole lot of days off after Frank comes back.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Even if Frank comes back early, having a switch hitter with his pop on the bench is a great weapon. Other managers have to keep that in the back of their mind. Like Kenny Williams said at SoxFest to a kid who asked what will Ozzie due with Carl when Frank comes back- "It's called depth young man."

The Racehorse
02-24-2005, 02:14 PM
The fact that he slimmed down really helps Carl with his knees and overall health. He sounds motivated and determined which is something this team has been missing. Between him, the new direction of the team, and what seems to be a motivated Crede, there's good reason for optimism.

I really like your kick ass sig! :cool:

mealfred13
02-24-2005, 03:24 PM
I like this quote from the end of the Trib article:
" Last season, a throng of Japanese media followed every move Shingo Takatsu made. This season, a throng of Japanese media are watching every move Tadahito Iguchi makes, leaving Takatsu alone. "I'm sad," Takatsu said of being neglected. "I couldn't sleep." He was joking."

:smile:

maurice
02-24-2005, 03:34 PM
"I don't make a lot of goals. My thing is I do anything to help my team win."
- Carl Everett

MRKARNO
02-24-2005, 05:55 PM
I am on Bonds' side, but I'm a little surprised to see no one coming after Carl for standing behind Bonds. Does this prove some sort of double standard with a large percentage of the people here when it comes to Bonds' personality? (I'm not talking about steroids, just the attacks made on Bonds' personality). I am curious to know why Carl Everett doesnt get the reprimand that myself, Bonds or other Bonds supporters are getting. I'm also not necessarily looking for a sudden outcry against Bonds and Everett, just some sort of explanation why these two different people saying the exact same thing get such different reactions.

Jabroni
02-24-2005, 05:58 PM
I am on Bonds' side, but I'm a little surprised to see no one coming after Carl for standing behind Bonds. Does this prove some sort of double standard with a large percentage of the people here when it comes to Bonds' personality? (I'm not talking about steroids, just the attacks made on Bonds' personality). I am curious to know why Carl Everett doesnt get the reprimand that myself, Bonds or other Bonds supporters are getting. I'm also not necessarily looking for a sudden outcry against Bonds and Everett, just some sort of explanation why these two different people saying the exact same thing get such different reactions.I just read that excerpt from your site and I'm embarrassed that you or anyone could defend Bonds after what he just said in that interview. You probably don't need to make any excused for Barry because he's got enough of his own. :rolleyes:

tstrike2000
02-24-2005, 07:23 PM
I really like your kick ass sig! :cool:

Thank you. A couple of guys on here have come up with some cool Under the Radar stuff as well, but Kenny deserves it after really working hard in the off season. I hope we win "Under The Radar" and really surprise some people.