PDA

View Full Version : Borchard's gone

Vsahajpal
10-27-2001, 08:44 PM
Borchard has left the AFL and will suit up for Team USA in the World Cup at Taiwan.

damn

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Borchard has left the AFL and will suit up for Team USA in the World Cup at Taiwan.

damn

You almost gave me a heart attack with the "Borchard's gone" comment.

danman31
10-27-2001, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

You almost gave me a heart attack with the "Borchard's gone" comment.

Same here. Vic, do us a favor and try not to do that again.

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Same here. Vic, do us a favor and try not to do that again.

If you want to say Jerry Reinsdorf is gone or Royce Clayton is gone that's ok. Just not Borchard or Buehrle.

danman31
10-27-2001, 09:49 PM

If you want to say Jerry Reinsdorf is gone or Royce Clayton is gone that's ok. Just not Borchard or Buehrle.

Or Maggs or Frank

Chisox_cali
10-27-2001, 10:00 PM
Is any of this world cup baseball(which I've never even heard of) gonna be televised at all? I doubt it will but you never know what TNT will cover I think they did the Goodwill Games this year

Vsahajpal
10-27-2001, 10:39 PM
sorry about the confusion.

No it won't be televised.

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 10:41 PM
sorry about the confusion.

That's ok we just never know with Kenny Williams.

Vsahajpal
10-27-2001, 10:44 PM
Man, if he traded Joe, even I'd be pissed. I want him in Chicago, just so the Cubs are reminded of their inane personnel decisions, as if Palmeiro, Maddux, etc. haven't reminded them enough.

danman31
10-27-2001, 10:44 PM

That's ok we just never know with Kenny Williams.

Ain't that the truth. We need a new GM badly. Otherwise, KW could end up costing us. At least we have Berry or is that Barry?

Vsahajpal
10-27-2001, 10:47 PM
speaking of the AFL, due to the shortage of players (as a result of the World Cup), there will be no more doubleheaders on Saturday, but games will continue to last 5 hours because stupid ass managers feel the need to use everyone in their bullpen.

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Ain't that the truth. We need a new GM badly. Otherwise, KW could end up costing us. At least we have Berry or is that Barry?

Check the "Bye Bye Liu" thread, I belive Berry is a free agent.

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 10:56 PM
Man, if he traded Joe, even I'd be pissed. I want him in Chicago, just so the Cubs are reminded of their inane personnel decisions, as if Palmeiro, Maddux, etc. haven't reminded them enough.

Who did they draft ahead of Borchard? I assume they picked ahead of us.

Vsahajpal
10-27-2001, 11:17 PM
SS Luis Montanez out of Coral Park High in Miami. Actually, he's a fine prospect, made a late run at Lansing as a 19 year old kid playing in a 21 year old's league, but he's not Borchard. The Cubs are real high on him, most scouts are high on him despite his struggles this season, but we'll see.