PDA

View Full Version : Minneapolis Question

cburns
02-23-2005, 11:07 PM
So I was thinking about taking my girlfriend to a Sox-Twins game on April 9th in Minneapolis...or shes taking me...either one, but yeah I wondered if anyone knew of any bars or restaurants to go to after the game? Any help would be much appreciated. Also, what should be expected from the Twinkies fans?

I_Liked_Manuel
02-23-2005, 11:14 PM
there are some cool bars over by the university of minnesota campus

JohnBasedowYoda
02-23-2005, 11:22 PM
there is a really cool bar that i went to right after they swept last year. it seemed like it was swamped with sox fans too. I think it was called huberts....sounds right. It's on chicago ave (oddly enough). Food was decent, try the local beer Grain Belt Premium.

The place was loud though, but i was really drunk. What else is new

cleanwsox
02-24-2005, 12:31 PM
I know Japanese players like Shingo (and probably Iguchi this year) go to Kikugawa while they are in MN. They usually go for lunch and even go after the games sometime (depending on the time of the game). The place is usually closed after the game but they let the players come in and eat if they know they are in town. Most of the Japanese players have guides who show them where to go to get good Japanese food and this is where they usually take them. I went last year in hopes to see Shingo, but I picked the wrong day. They told us he was in the night before though. I guess Ichiro is there all the time too when he is in town.

C-Dawg
02-25-2005, 07:04 AM
I am planning to be at that game too; the Twinkdome has been on my list of stadiums to see for awhile now but I tend to keep postponing a visit up there...

hose
02-25-2005, 07:22 AM
Huberts is right across the street from the Metrodome.

You could also walk down to area around the Target Stadium and find plenty of restaurants and places to get a drink.

GiveMeSox
02-25-2005, 10:52 AM
there is a really cool bar that i went to right after they swept last year. it seemed like it was swamped with sox fans too. I think it was called huberts....sounds right. It's on chicago ave (oddly enough). Food was decent, try the local beer Grain Belt Premium.

The place was loud though, but i was really drunk. What else is new

Funny you mention grain belt. My roomate drove all the way to wisconsin to stock up on that stuff. He brought back like 6 cases since they only sell it in WI and MN. That stuff is pretty good.

Nellie_Fox
02-25-2005, 11:30 AM
If you don't mind heading east into St. Paul, there's Alary's Bar, at 139 E 7th St. It is a Chicago Bears bar, so Chicago fans are always welcome, and it's a cop bar so it's safe.

TwinKess
02-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Yes, Huberts is right across the street from the dome.

If you like Irish pubs, I would go about 3 or 4 blocks towards downtown (4th street and 2nd ave) and go to Kieran's. It is consistantly voted one of the best in the country.

Also, you could take the light rail to the Warehouse district and go to places like Drink, Glueks, or Brother's (all right next to, or a block away from the light rail terminus)

Foulke You
02-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Went to the Twinkee Dome last year and stopped at Hubert's after the game. Decent appetizers. Excellent Teriyaki shrimp. I'd stay away from the pizza though. I'm sure it is fine for Minnesota folks but if you're from Chicago, you will most likely find it below average.

There was another pub we went to (the name escapes me) that was down the street a couple blocks from the dome. It had a lot of beers on tap for a decent price. Could've been "Kieran's" that TwinKess mentioned.

Hangar18
03-03-2005, 03:05 PM
So I was thinking about taking my girlfriend to a Sox-Twins game on April 9th in Minneapolis.........

Friday Apr 9th is their home opener, and im being told its Sold Out already.
Hangar18 will be driving up for that series though. Hangar will definitely
be at Humphreys, which is right across the street. Minny/StPaul
is a pretty cool town ...... really laid back. Theres a bar in "uptown"
area, that boasts 100 different beers, great selection.

whitesoxwilkes
03-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Hangar will definitely
be at Humphreys, which is right across the street. Minny/StPaul
is a pretty cool town ...... really laid back. Theres a bar in "uptown"
area, that boasts 100 different beers, great selection.

Hubert's, Henry, Hubert's.

But yeah, the Hangar-Wilkes campaign will be appearing in Minnesota opening weekend. I'm just hoping we get to play Twins Trivia again...