PDA

View Full Version : The Master Plan: Clone Frank Thomas Part II

RKMeibalane
02-23-2005, 03:43 PM
Several months ago, I started a thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38615&highlight=Clone+Frank+Thomas) about cloning Frank Thomas. I cannot legally bring that thread back from the dead, so I have decided to create a second thread devoted to the idea of cloning Big Frank. Imagine having an entire roster filled with Frank Thomas clones. It's an especially interesting idea now, because we don't know when the original Frank will return to the lineup.

:hurt :hurt :hurt :hurt :hurt :hurt :hurt :hurt :hurt

Tekijawa
02-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Several months ago, I started a thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38615&highlight=Clone+Frank+Thomas) about cloning Frank Thomas. I cannot legally bring that thread back from the dead, so I have decided to create a second thread devoted to the idea of cloning Big Frank. Imagine having an entire roster filled with Frank Thomas clones. It's an especially interesting idea now, because we don't know when the original Frank will return to the lineup.

:hurt :hurt :hurt :hurt :hurt :hurt :hurt :hurt :hurt

From the sounds of it we wouldn't be able to Field a team until May... that's a lot of games to make up.

RKMeibalane
02-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Does anyone else notice how all the Franks look slightly different when they're lined up like that?

mikehuff
02-23-2005, 03:48 PM
I like it. Maybe some of those extra Franks can be sent to the Bears too. It was tight end he played right?

Ol' No. 2
02-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Does anyone else notice how all the Franks look slightly different when they're lined up like that?Eight of these things belong together...
Eight of these things are kind of the same...

RKMeibalane
02-23-2005, 03:53 PM
I like it. Maybe some of those extra Franks can be sent to the Bears too. It was tight end he played right?

That's correct.

Baby Fisk
02-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Which one gets to wear 35?

Also, can you make one more who can go out and smash people we don't like?

SOXintheBURGH
02-23-2005, 03:55 PM
whoa..

Time to lay off the :bong:

RKMeibalane
02-23-2005, 03:56 PM

They all do, but each number will have a letter suffix attached. One clone will be 35-A, the next 35-B, and so on.

na_na_na_na
02-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Okay so that covers DH who will we clone to play 1B.

RKMeibalane
02-23-2005, 03:59 PM
Okay so that covers DH who will we clone to play 1B.

Under the guidelines of the old plan, each clone would be able to play a different position. The entire team would be covered.

whitesoxwilkes
02-23-2005, 04:00 PM
You mean have 9 Big Hurts clogging the bases?

Have 9 guys in the lineup to hit a towering popup when a scorched liner is what we need?

Nine guys who won't take the catcher out at home?

Come on, this is preposterous.

I love the Chicago White Sox, and I respect Frank Thomas. But 9 of him is a little too much.

Baby Fisk
02-23-2005, 04:01 PM

Have 9 guys in the lineup to hit a towering popup when a scorched liner is what we need?

I love the Chicago White Sox, and I respect Frank Thomas. But 9 of him is a little too much.

Troll! Troll! Where are the Mods?! :cool:

RKMeibalane
02-23-2005, 04:03 PM

The clones would be modified so that they didn't do those things anymore.

whitesoxwilkes
02-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Troll! Troll! Where are the Mods?! :cool:

:dtroll::dtroll:

That's a goodie, Lil'Pudge.

I'm gonna keep calling you that until it starts to stick.

Baby Fisk
02-23-2005, 04:04 PM

Goodie, Lil'Pudge.

Thx. I like it. :cheers:

RKMeibalane
02-23-2005, 04:05 PM

Goodie, Lil'Pudge.

I don't think it will stick.

Ol' No. 2
02-23-2005, 04:06 PM

I love the Chicago White Sox, and I respect Frank Thomas. But 9 of him is a little too much.Ha! They'd have to keep Ozzie in a straight jacket with one of those things in his mouth to keep him from biting off his tongue. :kneeslap:

MRKARNO
02-23-2005, 04:15 PM

:troll

nebraskasox
02-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Won't it be nice when the season starts so we can amuse ourselves with real baseball?

Iwritecode
02-23-2005, 04:27 PM
We already have a nothing thread in the PL...

voodoochile
02-23-2005, 04:30 PM

:o::(::whiner::angry:

:tealpolice:

Iguana775
02-23-2005, 04:31 PM

it will be 35.1, 35.2, 35.3, etc...

voodoochile
02-23-2005, 04:31 PM
I don't think it will stick.

wanna bet? I can actually make it so...:D:

chisox06
02-23-2005, 04:36 PM
A thread about cloning Frank Thomas? I think we're all ready for the season to start. BTW Big Frank in center is a scary proposition.:o:

Ol' No. 2
02-23-2005, 04:40 PM
A thread about cloning Frank Thomas? I think we're all ready for the season to start. BTW Big Frank in center is a scary proposition.:o:Will he have to pitch when they play in NL parks?:o::o::o:

Iguana775
02-23-2005, 04:42 PM
well, if you can clone, you surely can manipluate the DNA to make a Frank for each position. like a faster Frank for CF.

RKMeibalane
02-23-2005, 04:43 PM
A thread about cloning Frank Thomas? I think we're all ready for the season to start. BTW Big Frank in center is a scary proposition.:o:

The Center field Frank would have increased speed so that he could get to balls hit in the gap.

RKMeibalane
02-23-2005, 04:43 PM
well, if you can clone, you surely can manipluate the DNA to make a Frank for each position. like a faster Frank for CF.

Exactly.

Tekijawa
02-23-2005, 04:45 PM
So three strait walks and then three strait pop ups to the second baseman... I don't like our chances!

RKMeibalane
02-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Will he have to pitch when they play in NL parks?:o::o::o:

We will have special pitching-optimized Frank's for interleague play.

RKMeibalane
02-23-2005, 04:48 PM
So three strait walks and then three strait pop ups to the second baseman... I don't like our chances!

Would you rather watch Crede flailing away up there? I wouldn't.

BRDSR
02-23-2005, 04:59 PM
It's an especially interesting idea now, because we don't know when the original Frank will return to the lineup.

Not only that, but the British scientist responsible for Dolly has now been given a liscense (http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=125755) to clone humans. Maybe we're closer than we think.

In all seriousness, I agree with an earlier poster that 9 Franks might cause a bet of a problem in a couple facets of the game. Serious genetical changes would have to be made to some of them.

Ol' No. 2
02-23-2005, 05:01 PM
We will have special pitching-optimized Frank's for interleague play.All I can say is, Opening Day better get here soon.:D: