PDA

View Full Version : Whizzer's preseason predictions.

Ol' No. 2
02-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Pretty funny stuff.

Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050223redeyewhizzer,1,2962185.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines)

Mickster
02-23-2005, 03:06 PM
March 13: Thomas selects Austin Peay in the White Sox March Madness pool, then turns around and trades Austin Peay to an unsuspecting Shingo Takatsu for North Carolina.

:roflmao: *****!!!

LVSoxFan
02-23-2005, 03:10 PM
LOL. Love the bit about Harris having to apologize to KW (he's one bad motha... shut yo mouth!)

Palehose13
02-23-2005, 03:15 PM
March 25: Willie Harris belts out the theme from "Shaft" at a Tucson karaoke bar.

March 26: Harris apologizes to Kenny Williams for replacing his name with "Shaft" in the chorus.

:roflmao:

Ol' No. 2
02-23-2005, 03:41 PM
My two favorites:

Feb. 27: Jeromy Burnitz scares the bejeezus out of his teammates by showing up with a boombox playing loud salsa music.

March 19: New Cubs announcer Bob Brenly says Cubs relievers are a work in progress; the relievers call their mommies to complain.

santo=dorf
02-23-2005, 04:04 PM
March 2: Ron Santo is elected by the Veterans Committee to the Hall of Fame. :rolling:
Where do they come up with this stuff?

Brian26
02-23-2005, 04:22 PM
:rolling:

Hahaha!

Clembasbal
02-23-2005, 04:33 PM
:rolling:

For some reason I think he was serious about that one. But, heck, to me I am going to take it as a joke because it really is.

Ol' No. 2
02-23-2005, 04:38 PM
For some reason I think he was serious about that one. But, heck, to me I am going to take it as a joke because it really is.You won't be laughing if it happens. And it just might.:(:

Clembasbal
02-23-2005, 04:40 PM
You won't be laughing if it happens. And it just might.:(:

I know it might, but to have four players on the HOF from those crappy teams will just be unreal. Banks, Jenkins, and Williams are already in. A fourth would be redicilious. They were not that good, they only had the late 1960's. Other than that they flirted with horrible seasons a lot.

StillMissOzzie
02-23-2005, 06:11 PM
I know it might, but to have four players on the HOF from those crappy teams will just be unreal. Banks, Jenkins, and Williams are already in. A fourth would be redicilious. They were not that good, they only had the late 1960's. Other than that they flirted with horrible seasons a lot.

Clem, I hate the sCrUBS as much as anyone, but Ernie Banks hit 512 HR's when 500+ meant something, and he sure as hell wasn't juiced with that toothpick body. Fergie Jenkins won I dunno how many 20 game seasons, six (?) behind that crew of misfits, in that park. Williams, I can't speak for, but if they played anywhere else, you'd give Banks and Jenkins their due in a muinute.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled sCrUB bashing.

SMO
:gulp:

DumpJerry
02-24-2005, 12:39 AM
Pretty good!
New item: Lisa Dergen makes Anna Benson-type of statement about her relationship with A.J.

DrCrawdad
02-24-2005, 01:02 AM
You won't be laughing if it happens. And it just might.:(:

If Santo gets selected for the HoF, what will account for it? Will it be based on the merit of his career or will it be a result of Santo's personal crusade to get himself into the HoF?

MUsoxfan
02-24-2005, 01:41 AM
or will it be a result of Santo's personal crusade to get himself into the HoF?

That's a big reason why I hate Santo more than anyone else on this planet. Shameless self-promotion and a complete and utter lack of humility

Ol' No. 2
02-24-2005, 10:09 AM
If Santo gets selected for the HoF, what will account for it? Will it be based on the merit of his career or will it be a result of Santo's personal crusade to get himself into the HoF?You know the answer to that as well as I do.:angry:

jdm2662
02-24-2005, 10:28 AM
My father grew up a Sox fan, and his favorite player was Ron Santo. That should tell you enough how good Santo was on the field. Every year until he always said it was a tradgey he was not in the HoF. Yes, he's a terrible annoucner and annoying as hell, but I won't be upset he gets in base on his performance on the field.
________
Buy Glass Bong (http://glassbongs.org/)

Clembasbal
02-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Clem, I hate the sCrUBS as much as anyone, but Ernie Banks hit 512 HR's when 500+ meant something, and he sure as hell wasn't juiced with that toothpick body. Fergie Jenkins won I dunno how many 20 game seasons, six (?) behind that crew of misfits, in that park. Williams, I can't speak for, but if they played anywhere else, you'd give Banks and Jenkins their due in a muinute.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled sCrUB bashing.

SMO
:gulp:

you are abosultely correct. I believe Banks, Jenkins, and even Williams would have gotten in anywhere else...but Santo is just getting by with his attachment to the Cubs. He doesn't belong. Most teams would kill to have 4 HOF players on their roster, for a year...let alone 5,10, or 15. These people all played together for a long time with nothing to show for it. Most teams who win a WS or are a dynasty have two or maybe even three HOFers. The Cubs, in that era, already have three and a fourth would be stupid based on their success. Santo has decent numbers, not any better than Mike Schmidt who played during the dead ball era. And he is nowhere to be found on the ballot (usually)

DSpivack
02-24-2005, 12:23 PM
you are abosultely correct. I believe Banks, Jenkins, and even Williams would have gotten in anywhere else...but Santo is just getting by with his attachment to the Cubs. He doesn't belong. Most teams would kill to have 4 HOF players on their roster, for a year...let alone 5,10, or 15. These people all played together for a long time with nothing to show for it. Most teams who win a WS or are a dynasty have two or maybe even three HOFers. The Cubs, in that era, already have three and a fourth would be stupid based on their success. Santo has decent numbers, not any better than Mike Schmidt who played during the dead ball era. And he is nowhere to be found on the ballot (usually)

Heck, Butkus and Sayers, two of the best players at their positions ever, never had as much as a winning team.

tstrike2000
02-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Heck, Butkus and Sayers, two of the best players at their positions ever, never had as much as a winning team.

Agreed. Charles Barkley once said that he didn't win with the 76ers because they had just bad players around him. It's great to have a star, but without a supporting cast and team cohesiveness, it won't work.