PDA

View Full Version : Les's outlook on the Cubs this season

jdm2662
02-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Found this kind of funny on his website:

***The more I look at what the Cubs have right now in their Bullpen,and starting lineup,the more I'm getting close to picking them even lower than I did last year! Stay tuned.

If I remember correctly, he picked them third during Spring training last season...
________
Hotbox vaporizers (http://www.vaporshop.com/hotbox-vaporizer.html)

Viva Medias B's
02-23-2005, 01:11 AM
While Les is a Cub fan, he does not drink Cubbie Kool-Aid.

Jabroni
02-23-2005, 01:25 AM
While Les is a Cub fan, he does not drink Cubbie Kool-Aid.He's the rare example of an intelligent Cubs fan.

DrCrawdad
02-23-2005, 02:41 AM
Found this kind of funny on his website:

***The more I look at what the Cubs have right now in their Bullpen,and starting lineup,the more I'm getting close to picking them even lower than I did last year! Stay tuned.

If I remember correctly, he picked them third during Spring training last season...

I detect a pattern here with Les, pick your favorite team to finish poorly then you're either wrong because they did better or they finish where you said and you're right. Go low and either way you win!

Hangar18
02-23-2005, 09:50 AM
I detect a pattern here with Les, pick your favorite team to finish poorly then you're either wrong because they'll did better or they finish where you said and you're right. Go low and either way you win!

heheh hehehh heh heh. Good one Crawdad :cool:

DrCrawdad
02-23-2005, 10:15 AM
heheh hehehh heh heh. Good one Crawdad :cool:

Thanks.

If I predicted the Sox to finish in 3rd last year, then they did better than I predicted. On the other hand, you'll note that some Cub fans regularly pick the Sox to do well, like last year they predicted the Cubs 3rd and the Sox 1st.

I expect the Sox to finish in first. I don't meant that as a prediction, that's just I want my team to do, finish in first and then win the World Series. Anything less than that is unsatisfactory to me. Having two straight years of a winning record doesn't cut with me.

Where do I predict the Sox to finish this season? Second. The Twins are the team until the Sox overtake them. Talk and promises mean little to me until the Sox actually overtake the Twins.

Where do I predict the Cubs to finish this season? Second. That said, I have not scrutinized the other NL Central teams. Going mainly by what I've heard about the Cardinals and Astros offseason moves, I still would give the edge to St. Louis. As with the Twins/Sox, I'd say the same for the Cards/Cubs.

chuckn98229
02-23-2005, 10:24 AM
He's the rare example of an intelligent Cubs fan.

ahh - an oxymoron!

Corlose 15
02-23-2005, 11:50 AM
He's the rare example of an intelligent Cubs fan.

I thought those went extinct with the Dodo.

Lip Man 1
02-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Dr:

Just for the record I think les picked the Sox to finish higher then the Cubs last season as well.

Lip

DrCrawdad
02-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Dr:

Just for the record I think les picked the Sox to finish higher then the Cubs last season as well.

Lip

That's what I was getting at. It seems to be the pattern, pick the Cubs lower than nearly every prognosticator, pick the Sox higher than nearly every prognosticator. That way you're virtually guaranteed to be right and the team that you love does better than expected meanwhile you can gloat that the rival did worse than you predicted.

IIRC I asked Les what years the Cubs have done worse than he predicted. I don't remember getting an answer.

gosox41
02-23-2005, 04:10 PM
That's what I was getting at. It seems to be the pattern, pick the Cubs lower than nearly every prognosticator, pick the Sox higher than nearly every prognosticator. That way you're virtually guaranteed to be right and the team that you love does better than expected meanwhile you can gloat that the rival did worse than you predicted.

IIRC I asked Les what years the Cubs have done worse than he predicted. I don't remember getting an answer.

No surprise there. Then again Les may be like Gammons where he picks just about everybody to win the Series knowing that in the long run he can say he told us so.

Bob