PDA

View Full Version : Which Sox call Chicago "home"?

SOX ADDICT '73
02-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Does anyone have a list of the current and former White Sox players that reside in the Chicago area? The last I heard, Frank Thomas had built a huge home nearby (but that was years ago, and pre-divorce; is he full-time in Las Vegas now?), and Carlton Fisk & Bo Jackson were neighbors somewhere around here. Have any of you had a supermarket or restaurant encounter with one of your heroes?

santo=dorf
02-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Fisk is in Lockport, and I believe Bo is in Plainfield.

jabrch
02-21-2005, 11:42 PM
I believe PK has a place in Bridgeport. Ozzie still owns out in Naperville I think.

!Winning=Fung!
02-22-2005, 12:03 AM
Bo Jackson has come in the big k-mart on plainfield rd. in willowbrook about five/six times according to my former store manager in his time there, five years. I have seen him twice there myself working as a stockmen. One time, it was around 9:00pm, and I noticed as he was walking out, he barely gets noticed, only a couple of us noticed.

Im guessing he still lives in Burr Ridge nearby, known for its huge very private gated communities. Ray Durham lived in Burr Ridge in his time here also. Had a friend who was his neighbor and she showed me pictures. His kids are funny.

Also, my dad works for RG construction as a drywall finisher and did Darren Jackson's $700,000 condo in a high rise near lake shore drive. When my dad told me, I gave him a relatively old sox hat to wear the next day and after a conversation, told my dad he would send us tickets. The next week I recieved a gift certificate for 50 bucks worth tickets. This was two years ago. DJ is pretty cool for a guy that is ripped on all the time. My dad said he is really laid back and has many sox periphenilia around his crib.

DumpJerry
02-22-2005, 12:22 AM
I thought someone posted that they would run into Ozzie at the Dominicks on Halsted and Madison because he lives in the area.

DeuceUnit
02-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Ray Durham used to live in Burr Ridge. I sold him most of his stereo equipment at Circuit City in Darien. Ordonez lives in Burr Ridge right by County Line Rd. and 87th street. Bo Jackson lives in Hinsdale. The drummer for my band does custom work on his motorcycles. Greg Walker just bought a place downtown. Buehrle used to live in Darien right off of Cass Ave in a town house, I'm not sure if he still does. Rowand has a house in Oakbrook. Thats all i got...:D:

popilius
02-22-2005, 12:54 AM
I also remember seeing an article in Chicago magazine on Jon Garland, stating that he lives somewhere in the South Loop, but that was a few years ago. . .

Here's the link from July 2003: http://www.chicagomag.com/stories/0703singles_jon.htm

:gulp:

basilesox
02-22-2005, 02:38 AM
Bo Jackson came into the Cheesecake Factory in Schaumburg when I worked there. Everybody was like Sh** , look its Bo Jackson. My manager told us that we weren't allowed to go up and bother him for an autograph.

The cool thing was that the waiter who waited on him, a friend of mine, was a huge Raiders fan. He had been a huge Jackson fan back in the day. He was probably the biggest fan of Jackson's in the Restaurant. After he was done waiting on Jackson.......he apologized for bothering him and asked him for an autograph....telling him that he was a huge fan.

Bo signed the "bill" for the meal.......I don't think he left jack for a tip, but my buddy didn't care.

SoxFan76
02-22-2005, 03:11 AM
My neighbor sees Bo all the time I guess. He's a cop in Oak Brook.

MUsoxfan
02-22-2005, 03:32 AM
I see Bo Jackson about 4 times a week at Cog Hill during the summer months hitting balls on the range. Farmio is also there on the days of most home games during the season. Both are very nice guys

woodenleg
02-22-2005, 06:51 AM

:o:

itsnotrequired
02-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Didn't Jos-E6 V. live in the South Loop? I use the past tense since I assume he has moved on.

SOXintheBURGH
02-22-2005, 08:19 AM

What, is Bo getting arrested all the time now?

Lip Man 1
02-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Billy Pierce still lives in Lemont...Eric Soderholm lives in Hinsdale...Donn Pall lives in Bloomingdale...Ron Kittle lives in Chesterton, Indiana (near the Chicago area)...and Carlos May lives in one of the Chicago suburbs (he just moved to a new home...)

Lip

fusillirob1983
02-22-2005, 10:46 AM
I heard Billy Pierce lived in Evergreen Park. He recently spoke at a fundraiser for my old high school, but maybe he did move.

steff
02-22-2005, 12:16 PM
I thought someone posted that they would run into Ozzie at the Dominicks on Halsted and Madison because he lives in the area.

He does. Wilkes sees him a lot. He doesn't have a place in the burbs.
Ray and Maggs sold.
Bo has 2 places. One in Hinsdale and one in Joliet.
Carlton moved from Lockport to New Lennox.
Garland is somewhere near Wilkes also, IIRC.
Mark moved from one place in Darien to another.
Aaron lives in Oakbrook as does Roger Bossard and Lance Johnson.

JKryl
02-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Does anyone have a list of the current and former White Sox players that reside in the Chicago area? The last I heard, Frank Thomas had built a huge home nearby (but that was years ago, and pre-divorce; is he full-time in Las Vegas now?), and Carlton Fisk & Bo Jackson were neighbors somewhere around here. Have any of you had a supermarket or restaurant encounter with one of your heroes?

Frank sold his house as a result of his divorce. He ran into complications because he was asking for $14 million, according to the Sun-Times at the time, and no one wanted to put out that much. I also heard at the time, and I don't know if it is true or not, that his wife refused to leave after the divorce, claiming it was her house too, and she wasn't ready to move yet. The place was palatial, the coach house looked like two story mansion. I believe the house was in Lake Forest, or Wilmette. There was a nice aerial photo of it in Sports Illustrated a couple of years ago.

MUsoxfan
02-22-2005, 01:58 PM
I believe the house was in Lake Forest, or Wilmette. There was a nice aerial photo of it in Sports Illustrated a couple of years ago.

Oak Brook.....near Butler National.

On a sidenote...I ran into Frank at the Burger King at 22nd/Midwest Rd one time with his kids. He ordered 4 BK Broilers and a Diet Coke for himself. They were playing the Yankees that day.

LongLiveFisk
02-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Oak Brook.....near Butler National.

On a sidenote...I ran into Frank at the Burger King at 22nd/Midwest Rd one time with his kids. He ordered 4 BK Broilers and a Diet Coke for himself. They were playing the Yankees that day.

Frank used to live in Oak Brook on Midwest Rd so this makes sense..

Speaking of BK, I once saw Ray Durham in the one on Rte 83 in Willowbrook. I didn't realize he was standing right behind me in line but when I saw it was him I just smiled. Didn't say anything--he didn't look as though he wanted to be bothered.

ja1022
02-22-2005, 02:56 PM

What, is Bo getting arrested all the time now?

No. I think what SoxFan means is that Bo is an Oak Brook cop now.

NSSoxFan
02-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Carlos lives in my condo building in the South Loop.

Ol' No. 2
02-22-2005, 03:22 PM
No. I think what SoxFan means is that Bo is an Oak Brook cop now. Bo knows law enforcement.:D:

TheRedStapler
02-22-2005, 03:26 PM

At one point years ago, probably in the 80's, Ozzie was in Berwyn off of Ridgeland just south of the Burlington Northern tracks. Berwyn...Man have times changed!

Whitesox029
02-22-2005, 03:31 PM
My aunt used to live on the same street as Ray Durham in a townhouse in Clarendon Hills. This was in his early days before he was making a lot. Also, my other aunt had a house somewhere nearby, and when she moved out they converted it into a veterinarian's office where Ozzie used to take his dogs in his Sox playing days.

zach074
02-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Aaron lives in Oakbrook as does Roger Bossard and Lance Johnson.

I wonder if Bossard cuts his own grass.:?:

DumpJerry
02-22-2005, 04:24 PM
I also remember seeing an article in Chicago magazine on Jon Garland, stating that he lives somewhere in the South Loop, but that was a few years ago. . .

Here's the link from July 2003: http://www.chicagomag.com/stories/0703singles_jon.htm

:gulp:
I think he still lives there. It was the subject of a thread last summer. http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39500

StockdaleForVeep
02-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Bo Jackson has come in the big k-mart on plainfield rd. in willowbrook about five/six times according to my former store manager in his time there, five years. I have seen him twice there myself working as a stockmen. One time, it was around 9:00pm, and I noticed as he was walking out, he barely gets noticed, only a couple of us noticed.

Im guessing he still lives in Burr Ridge nearby, known for its huge very private gated communities. Ray Durham lived in Burr Ridge in his time here also. Had a friend who was his neighbor and she showed me pictures. His kids are funny.

Also, my dad works for RG construction as a drywall finisher and did Darren Jackson's $700,000 condo in a high rise near lake shore drive. When my dad told me, I gave him a relatively old sox hat to wear the next day and after a conversation, told my dad he would send us tickets. The next week I recieved a gift certificate for 50 bucks worth tickets. This was two years ago. DJ is pretty cool for a guy that is ripped on all the time. My dad said he is really laid back and has many sox periphenilia around his crib.

bo jackson did have his own pumkpin pie bein sold at a walmart in dekalb, not sure if elsewhere or just in illinois

soxfan43
02-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Cliff Politte lives in a high rise downtown.

Jjav829
02-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Cliff Politte lives in a high rise downtown.
Thanks for letting us know, Cliff. :D:

SOX ADDICT '73
02-22-2005, 05:53 PM
bo jackson did have his own pumkpin pie bein sold at a walmart in dekalb, not sure if elsewhere or just in illinois
Bo Knows Pumpkin Pie!?

gobears1987
02-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Kittle lives out here in Valpo, Indiana. I've even driven past his house.

!Winning=Fung!
02-22-2005, 07:23 PM
At one point years ago, probably in the 80's, Ozzie was in Berwyn off of Ridgeland just south of the Burlington Northern tracks. Berwyn...Man have times changed!

What are you tryin to say about Berwyn? Ozzie would fit it even more in Berwyn now if you haven't noticed. Oh wait you do notice, yup all of chicagoland has been "changing". Even all America.

lths06
02-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Fisk is in Lockport, and I believe Bo is in Plainfield.

Are you sure Fisk lives in Lockport? I live there, and I have never seen him/heard he lives here:?:

MUsoxfan
02-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Are you sure Fisk lives in Lockport? I live there, and I have never seen him/heard he lives here:?:

Yeah....he even mentioned in his HOF acceptance speech (http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hof_weekend/2000/speeches/fisk_carlton.htm) that his daugher went to Lockport Township HS.....

my youngest daughter Courtney. She's one of the only ones I've watched grow up. I played too long to watch the other ones. I was able to watch her grow up, and she fills me up. Watched her play volleyball on the Lockport Township High School State Championship volleyball team.

LongLiveFisk
02-22-2005, 08:22 PM

It was actually Homer Township where he lived, which became Homer Glen. He did live there. He's in New Lenox now.

SpammySosa
02-22-2005, 08:55 PM

He moved to Chesterton about 3 years ago.

NardiWasHere
02-22-2005, 09:23 PM
My buddy's friend bought hurt's house in the Midwest Club in Oak Brook... from what i hear, there are 35's everywhere and he had a nightclub area in the basement called, "Club 35" hahaha I would so pay to see that. I know Frank's old neighbor too, she said he seemed like a nice guy.

Do they still sell "Bo Jackson Better Bars"? I want to buy a surplus and eat them for every meal. Anyone else in?

SpammySosa
02-22-2005, 10:35 PM
To the best of my knowledge the following are accurate:Herb Adams(late '40's player) lives in Wheaton,Steve Trout-Munster,IN,Ross Baumgarten-Glencoe,Milt Bocek('30's player)-Cicero,Tom Brennan-Oaklawn,Jim Brosnan-Morton Grove,Brian Daubach-Belleville,Bob Fallon-Schaumburg,Marvin Freeman-Olympia Fields,Joe Gates-Gary,IN,Chet Hajduk(40's players)-Niles,Mike Heathcott-Arlington Heights,Kevin Hickey-Chicago,Mike Joyce-Wheaton,Danny Lazar-Munster,IN,Bill Melton-Chicago,Minnie Minoso-Chicago,Larry Monroe-Schaumburg,Russ Morman-Geneva,Dave Nicholson-Roselle,Jorge Orta-Flossmoor, Dan Pasqua-Orland Park,Josh Paul-Naperville,Jack Perconte-Lisle,Marv Rotblatt-Morton Grove,Johnny Sain(former pitching coach here)-Oak Brook,Scott Sanderson-Lake Forest,Norm Schlueter(late '30's)-Belleville,Bill Sharp-Wilmette, Moose Skowron-Schaumburg,Marv Staehle-Buffalo Grove,Tim Stoddard-East Chicago,IN,Al Weis-Elmhurst. I know Blackjack lives in Cali,but I think he still has a place in Evanston too. Keep in mind a lot of the players I mentioned spent very little time in Chicago, and some of them very little time in the majors.

SOX ADDICT '73
02-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Steve Trout-Munster,IN
I taught his daughter, Taytum, in high school just a few years ago. Really nice girl; never made a big deal that her dad had been a ballplayer.

MUsoxfan
02-22-2005, 10:45 PM
And the infamous Jimmy Piersall lives in Wheaton

Soxaholic
02-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Kevin Hickey lives right across the street from my house.

Jabroni
02-23-2005, 12:21 AM
My aunt used to live on the same street as Ray Durham in a townhouse in Clarendon Hills. This was in his early days before he was making a lot. Also, my other aunt had a house somewhere nearby, and when she moved out they converted it into a veterinarian's office where Ozzie used to take his dogs in his Sox playing days.Wow, my girlfriend has a condo in Clarendon Hills. She must live near all these guys. She's really close to Buehrle's townhouse in Darien.

Sargeant79
02-23-2005, 09:51 PM
Much to my surprise, Bridgeport has been left out of this discussion for the most part so far. I know Paul Konerko has a really nice new construction house in Bridgeport. Aren't there other ballplayers who live in the neighborhood too? I used to walk my dogs up and down Parnell and Normal and would see relatively young guys in the big new houses with Hummers and other expensive SUVs who looked like they were built like athletes. Didn't recognize any of them, but I didn't get up close either since I'm not about to go bother anyone at their home. Anyone?

CubsfansareDRUNK
02-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Bo jackson's son goes to my school. Hes a really big dude. I once saw him get picked up in a huge hummer one time.....That was awsome.:cool:

SOX ADDICT '73
02-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Bo jackson's son goes to my school. Hes a really big dude. I once saw him get picked up in a huge hummer one time.....That was awsome.:cool:
How many sports does he play?

MIgrenade
02-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Manual lives in either Oak Lawn or Frankfurt...his kids go to Sandberg and I use to see him hitting golfballs at Mid-Iron CC.

minastirith67
02-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Why would any players want to live in Wheaton? It's such a boring little town, although it is damn quiet at night. Too many evangelicals for my liking, though...

FightingBillini
02-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Manual lives in either Oak Lawn or Frankfurt...his kids go to Sandberg and I use to see him hitting golfballs at Mid-Iron CC.

He used to live in Orland. I delivered pizzas to his house before. I his son was in my gym class, and he ended up going to some small college in San Diego. After Jerry was canned, they sold the house.

chez742002
02-24-2005, 12:15 AM
He lived on 90th & Francisco in Evergreen Park for quite awhile. He was there from 1979 until 1995 at least. But he might have moved. I lived kiddy corner from him and he taught me how to throw a curve when I was 11. He was real nice.

SOX ADDICT '73
02-24-2005, 12:21 AM
He lived on 90th & Francisco in Evergreen Park for quite awhile. He was there from 1979 until 1995 at least. But he might have moved. I lived kiddy corner from him and he taught me how to throw a curve when I was 11. He was real nice.
Holy crap! Pitching lessons from Billy Pierce? Who are you, Greg Brady :cool:?

MUsoxfan
02-24-2005, 12:40 AM

I saw on that special that channel 11 had about Chicago baseball that Pierce lives in Lemont. For all I know, he lives on my block. He's probably that guy with the Cubs flag lowering all the property values!

Lip Man 1
02-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Billy lives pretty close to Bob Vanderberg, the Tribune's associate sports editor and Sox author.

And without question he is one of the nicest people on the planet.

Lip

I want Mags back
02-24-2005, 05:17 PM
A friend of mine once saw Jose at Deeo River Water Park in Merrivlle ar Schiriville, I can never remember. My uncle said Robin Ventura lived down the block from Frank, but who knows if thats true.

MUsoxfan
02-24-2005, 05:52 PM
I saw on that special that channel 11 had about Chicago baseball that Pierce lives in Lemont. For all I know, he lives on my block. He's probably that guy with the Cubs flag lowering all the property values!

I just did an address search on Billy Pierce and found out he lives about 3 blocks away from me. Kinda cool to know....

Fake Chet Lemon
02-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Mark Buhrle has a townhouse in Darian. But he just got or is soon to get married and will be buying a home in the same area.

SOXintheBURGH
02-24-2005, 09:41 PM

Hey, I used to live in Frankfort. I went to Lincoln-Way High School, Sandberg was the big rival. After I left, they split Lincoln-Way into two schools, LW East and LW Central.

fusillirob1983
02-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Hey, I used to live in Frankfort. I went to Lincoln-Way High School, Sandberg was the big rival. After I left, they split Lincoln-Way into two schools, LW East and LW Central.

Sandburg is what you mean. Sandberg played for the Cubs.

SOXintheBURGH
02-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Sandburg is what you mean. Sandberg played for the Cubs.

Ryan Sandberg?

That always pissed me off.

eastchicagosoxfan
02-25-2005, 08:06 AM
Around 6 months ago, one of our salesmen had to take three cases of Labatts to Kittle's house. Somebody from Labatts made the request, I doubt Kittle made it for himself. Anyway, he wasn't home, and the beer was left in the garage.

Palehose13
02-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Around 6 months ago, one of our salesmen had to take three cases of Labatts to Kittle's house. Somebody from Labatts made the request, I doubt Kittle made it for himself. Anyway, he wasn't home, and the beer was left in the garage.

Is that the house on US 6 or did he get a new one?

Ozzie lived down the block from my Aunt when he lived in Berwyn.

markfromthechi
02-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Frank Thomas used to live in one of my friends neighborhoods...... he moved not to long ago from Oak Brook........... he still might reside in the Chicagoland area however

alohafri
02-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Billy Pierce still lives in Lemont...Eric Soderholm lives in Hinsdale...Donn Pall lives in Bloomingdale...Ron Kittle lives in Chesterton, Indiana (near the Chicago area)...and Carlos May lives in one of the Chicago suburbs (he just moved to a new home...)

Lip

Soderholm's ticket brokership and his "Soderworld" are on 83 south of the Stevenson.

alohafri
02-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Ryan Sandberg?

That always pissed me off.

Anyone else remember Harry calling him "Ryne Santo"?

steff
02-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Frank Thomas used to live in one of my friends neighborhoods...... he moved not to long ago from Oak Brook........... he still might reside in the Chicagoland area however

Frank's been out of the burbs for at least 5 years. Downtown now.

The Racehorse
02-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Anyone else remember Harry calling him "Ryne Santo"?

Nope... but that's funny as hell! :roflmao:

RibbieRubarb
02-25-2005, 08:56 PM
What are you tryin to say about Berwyn? Ozzie would fit it even more in Berwyn now if you haven't noticed. Oh wait you do notice, yup all of chicagoland has been "changing". Even all America.

I used to work at the Blockbuster Video in Berwyn when I was in High School...Man that Guillen family used to rack up the late fees.

I always waived them!:wink:

Dick Allen
02-26-2005, 12:34 PM
To the best of my knowledge the following are accurate:Herb Adams(late '40's player) lives in Wheaton,Steve Trout-Munster,IN,Ross Baumgarten-Glencoe,Milt Bocek('30's player)-Cicero,Tom Brennan-Oaklawn,Jim Brosnan-Morton Grove,Brian Daubach-Belleville,Bob Fallon-Schaumburg,Marvin Freeman-Olympia Fields,Joe Gates-Gary,IN,Chet Hajduk(40's players)-Niles,Mike Heathcott-Arlington Heights,Kevin Hickey-Chicago,Mike Joyce-Wheaton,Danny Lazar-Munster,IN,Bill Melton-Chicago,Minnie Minoso-Chicago,Larry Monroe-Schaumburg,Russ Morman-Geneva,Dave Nicholson-Roselle,Jorge Orta-Flossmoor, Dan Pasqua-Orland Park,Josh Paul-Naperville,Jack Perconte-Lisle,Marv Rotblatt-Morton Grove,Johnny Sain(former pitching coach here)-Oak Brook,Scott Sanderson-Lake Forest,Norm Schlueter(late '30's)-Belleville,Bill Sharp-Wilmette, Moose Skowron-Schaumburg,Marv Staehle-Buffalo Grove,Tim Stoddard-East Chicago,IN,Al Weis-Elmhurst. I know Blackjack lives in Cali,but I think he still has a place in Evanston too. Keep in mind a lot of the players I mentioned spent very little time in Chicago, and some of them very little time in the majors.Jim Brosnan did live in Morton Grove, across the street from some close friends of my family. A very nice man. He pitched for both the Sox and Flubs, and wrote a couple of books when he was with the Reds.

FedEx227
02-26-2005, 03:21 PM
She's really close to Buehrle's townhouse in Darien.

Where in Darien?

CubsfansareDRUNK
02-26-2005, 04:00 PM
How many sports does he play?

Only football. Last year me and him got into a fight in the locker room, then later that year he said he was just playing around. This year he kids around with me alot. He said "One day im gunna kick your ass". Im not really sure if he's joking or not.

steff
02-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Only football. Last year me and him got into a fight in the locker room, then later that year he said he was just playing around. This year he kids around with me alot. He said "One day im gunna kick your ass". Im not really sure if he's joking or not.

He's a good kid. I'm sure he's just messing with you.

He gets a lot of crap for who his dad is. And a lot of kids only want to be his friend because of his dad. A tough spot all around I'm sure.

chisoxfan64
02-26-2005, 05:23 PM
I ran into Bo Jackson at Dominicks in Darien mother`s day morning a few years back. One Sunday evening while waiting to pick up my food order at the patio in Darien Big Frank walked in and picked up a giant order, he was very nice shook my hand made some small talk.

Eric Soderholm owns holistic healing center on rt. 83 see him driving around a lot in his mercedes license plate ESOD 12

eastchicagosoxfan
02-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Is that the house on US 6 or did he get a new one?

Ozzie lived down the block from my Aunt when he lived in Berwyn.
From what I gathered, he was no longer on Route 6. I'll ask the salesman on Monday.

Brian26
02-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Funny story- I heard that Steve Trout is now teaching/coaching tee-ball and pee-wee baseball in Orland Park. Not sure if he has a young son or grandson involved, but I thought that was pretty cool.

Brian26
02-26-2005, 06:01 PM
I wonder if Bossard cuts his own grass.:?:

LOL! Great line.:D:

Brian26
02-26-2005, 06:05 PM
And the infamous Jimmy Piersall lives in Wheaton

He used to help out at a little sandwich shop in downtown Wheaton, but it closed about 2 summers ago. He actually made a sandwich for me once in early 2002. Surreal.

eastchicagosoxfan
02-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Funny story- I heard that Steve Trout is now teaching/coaching tee-ball and pee-wee baseball in Orland Park. Not sure if he has a young son or grandson involved, but I thought that was pretty cool.
Twelve or thirteen years ago I got smashed drunk with Steve Trout at the annual Slabba ( All Slobs Day, it follows Good Friday ). He was very personable, and certainly approachable. We talked ( slurred ) fishing stories.

Brian26
02-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Why would any players want to live in Wheaton? It's such a boring little town, although it is damn quiet at night. Too many evangelicals for my liking, though...

I don't know- I'm 32 years old, and I can appreciate a town like Wheaton for what it is. I've worked out in that area for awhile although I live in the city. It seems like a pretty safe, quiet place to raise a family. I'm guessing you're probably in high school or college?

SpammySosa
02-26-2005, 07:38 PM

About a month or so ago he was auctioning off his "services" on ebay. I believe the starting bid was 300 bucks for him to make an appearance at your party,business gathering,etc. I am not sure if he ever re-listed,but no one bid on the particuliar auction I saw. His ebay id was steverainbowtrout .

SOX ADDICT '73
02-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Only football. Last year me and (Bo Jackson's son) got into a fight in the locker room, then later that year he said he was just playing around. This year he kids around with me alot. He said "One day im gunna kick your ass". Im not really sure if he's joking or not.

I guess the real question is, can his dad beat up your dad?

SOX ADDICT '73
02-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Twelve or thirteen years ago I got smashed drunk with Steve Trout at the annual Slabba ( All Slobs Day, it follows Good Friday ). He was very personable, and certainly approachable. We talked ( slurred ) fishing stories.
Swapping fishing stories with Steve Trout? What's next, decorating the Christmas tree with Jon Garland, or coloring your hair with Jermaine Dye?:tongue:

whitesoxwilkes
02-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Swapping fishing stories with Steve Trout? What's next, decorating the Christmas tree with Jon Garland, or coloring your hair with Jermaine Dye?:tongue:

Dieting with Jon Adkins? (yeah, I know it's not quite right, but...)

Discussing emergency shelters with Neil Cotts?

Reading Miss Manners with Cliff Politte?

Lem_Siddons
02-26-2005, 10:47 PM

:D: LMAO

This thread highlights one of the big changes in sports. With all the money and all the birthplaces all over the globe, these guys do not plant roots in the community. Way back when, players were always looking to set up businesses for when they stopped playing and knew that they could parlay their local celebrity position for nice position with beer distributors and real estate ventures. Now they just don't need it. Generally it's their kids and how they are doing in school or a huge custom home that keeps them around.

Being from the far northern suburbs, it was always Bear sightings by me. My neighborhood was for the middle draft round signers until they were either
cut
or
signed a better deal.