PDA

View Full Version : Fans Show Giambi Support

RKMeibalane
02-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Fans Support the Cheater (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1996797)

Why the hell are people cheering this piece of ****? He lied. He cheated. He apologized eight times for something that he never admitted to. Good grief! When is Major League Baseball going to come to its sense and pull the plug on this idiot?

Jason Giambi = Fat Piece of Gutter Trash

Lip Man 1
02-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Because they are Yankee fans and they know that a healthy, productive Giambi increases their chances of winning. I'd expect Sox fans to do the same if they were in the same situation especially considering the amount of time it's been since a Sox team even went to a World Series.

Lip

RKMeibalane
02-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Because they are Yankee fans and they know that a healthy, productive Giambi increases their chances of winning. I'd expect Sox fans to do the same if they were in the same situation especially considering the amount of time it's been since a Sox team even went to a World Series.

Lip

I doubt it. Based on the general reaction of this board to the entire steroid mess, I don't think people would tolerate having a steroid-user on the roster. There are enough individuals already here who hold a grudge against Joe Jackson for his part in the 1919 WS scandal, and so I don't expect that people would be forgiving of someone else who cheated. Besides, if a Sox player gets caught with 'roids, the media is going to tear this organization apart.

Ol' No. 2
02-21-2005, 09:49 PM
Fans Support the Cheater (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1996797)

Why the hell are people cheering this piece of ****? He lied. He cheated. He apologized eight times for something that he never admitted to. Good grief! When is Major League Baseball going to come to its sense and pull the plug on this idiot?

Jason Giambi = Fat Piece of Gutter TrashHaven't you heard this story before? Substitute Sammy Sosa for Jason Giambi, corked bats for steroids and the Cubs for the Yankees.

SOXPHILE
02-21-2005, 10:38 PM
:shammy "I know ! It's so ridiculous ! How can fans blindly suppport somebody who's of such questionable character, and so obviously a cheater ? At least everyone who loves me knows I only take Flinstones vitamins, & that I accidentally grabbed the wrong bat just that one time ! Just ask my wife what kind of guy I am. Honey ? Heh heh...I never hit you, RIGHT !? Heh heh...Where the hell IS that woman !? I swear to God, If I find her, I'm gonna....oh, you guys still here ?...."

Soxzilla
02-21-2005, 10:43 PM
If a Sox player was caught using steroids, then I would boo his ass out of town, no matter who it was.

Don't be ridiculous LIP.

Jabroni
02-22-2005, 03:32 AM

LipHow did a thread about Giambi result in a post bashing the Sox? Oh wait, Lip is here. :rolleyes:
:shammy "I know ! It's so ridiculous ! How can fans blindly suppport somebody who's of such questionable character, and so obviously a cheater ? At least everyone who loves me knows I only take Flinstones vitamins, & that I accidentally grabbed the wrong bat just that one time ! Just ask my wife what kind of guy I am. Honey ? Heh heh...I never hit you, RIGHT !? Heh heh...Where the hell IS that woman !? I swear to God, If I find her, I'm gonna....oh, you guys still here ?....":)

Foulke You
02-22-2005, 12:36 PM
As a Sox fan, I invest so much in this team, both emotionally and financially that I would feel incredible betrayal if someone like Paulie or Frank admitted to steroid use. It would cheapen all the experiences and games I've seen them play in. It would take a lot for a steroid using player to get in my good graces again. I would definitely not be cheering and autograph seeking like these Yankee clowns or Cubs fans did after the Sosa cork incident.

Paulwny
02-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Giambi will be supported as long as he produces. If he doesn't produce the NY fans will be unmerciful.

NSSoxFan
02-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Count me as one die-hard Sox fan that would boo a White Sox player out of town if he used steroids.

jackbrohamer
02-22-2005, 07:05 PM
ESPN has a direct financial interest in playing down the steroid scandal so it does not surprise me that they are posting articles like this. Also I don't think geeks with Sharpies yelling for Yankees' autographs the first day of Spring Training are representative of the universe of baseball fans.

Lip Man 1
02-23-2005, 01:21 PM
Jabroni:

Nothing anti Sox about it nor was any intended. Sounds like someone is a little paranoid. If the Sox have been to a World Series since 1959 or have won one since 1917 please feel free to give me the seasons and I'll happily correct my mistake.

Lip

RKMeibalane
02-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Jabroni:

Nothing anti Sox about it nor was any intended. Sounds like someone is a little paranoid. If the Sox have been to a World Series since 1959 or have won one since 1917 please feel free to give me the seasons and I'll happily correct my mistake.

Lip