PDA

View Full Version : Kenny on Comcast NOW!

santo=dorf
02-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Says he had a scouting tape Iguchi, and he has a lot of scouts in Japan that our confident in him. Only thing he worries about is how long it will take Iguchi to adjust culturally.

Said he asked Willie in August what he think he (KW) would do if Harris didn't impress him, and Willie said "I know you."

KW thinks there is at least a difference of one run for NL and AL ERA's. Thinks the Sox have one of the best "stuff" staffs in the league.

He also thinks the Sox have one of the most balanced lineups in the league, and doesn't buy the sacraficing power arguments. Says the Sox have 7 potential 20+ homer guys and a couple of 30 homer guys.

Thinks there will be a decline in "softball numbers" due to the whole steroid situation.

Doesn't think Brandon McCarthy will challenge Jon Garland. He said he told Tracey, McCarthy, and Jenks that the rotation is set, the Sox like you guys, but the Sox want them to improve their game, not just try to get outs in Spring Training and trying to make the club.

Says Frank didn't have surgery in October beause for a time doctors didn't think he would need surgery.

Jokes about his golf game with Ozzie.

Who wants to spam the chicagosports.com poll? :dtroll:

Jabroni
02-21-2005, 05:42 PM
- He's talking about how the Cell inflates pitchers' ERAs.
- Thinks the notion that the White Sox offense won't score many runs is ridiculous.
- Discusses the steroid issue. Hopes it's not as prevalent as people think because it's a health issue.
- Doesn't think Brandon McCarthy is quite ready yet. Told all of our young pitching prospects to worry more about getting better than trying to crack the staff.
- Maggs and Lee are great players but we didn't win with them. The power lineup just didn't work.

SoxxoS
02-21-2005, 05:43 PM
I love that guy...he is a great interview b/c he is so astute.

SoxxoS
02-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Told McCarthy, Miller, Tracey and Jenks that "we have our staff from to to bottom." Wants to concentrate on those guys getting better. Work on stuff to springboard themselves into a better season. In we have injury, poor performance, they will be looked upon and called upon if needed.

SoxxoS
02-21-2005, 05:46 PM
About Frank and surgery and waiting to October to have surgery-Doctors wanted to wait to see if bones healed...they didn't and so they needed the surgery...

SoxxoS
02-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Played an awful lot of games without our stars last year...expects to be right near 200 HR's for the season.

CLee and Maggs...very good hitters, we will "miss them." But we weren't getting it done the "softball" way. Need a change. Would you like to be a team that can do it all, but we concentrated on pitching.

hsnterprize
02-21-2005, 08:09 PM
CLee and Maggs...very good hitters, we will "miss them." But we weren't getting it done the "softball" way. Need a change. Would you like to be a team that can do it all, but we concentrated on pitching. Is it me, or does it seem like just about everyone covering the Sox almost drudges up the same comments over and over again about what we've "lost", instead of pointing out what we've "gained".

It seems to me like there's the constant questioning of why the Sox did what they did with the team instead of just accepting the fact they needed a new approach. Only Sox fans seem to be accepting KW's response; wheras everyone else seems to be feeling the vibe the Cubs are better off without Sosa than with him.

Ol' No. 2
02-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Is it me, or does it seem like just about everyone covering the Sox almost drudges up the same comments over and over again about what we've "lost", instead of pointing out what we've "gained".

It seems to me like there's the constant questioning of why the Sox did what they did with the team instead of just accepting the fact they needed a new approach. Only Sox fans seem to be accepting KW's response; wheras everyone else seems to be feeling the vibe the Cubs are better off without Sosa than with him. Some time in August you'll hear those same people talking like they knew it all along.

nccwsfan
02-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Is it me, or does it seem like just about everyone covering the Sox almost drudges up the same comments over and over again about what we've "lost", instead of pointing out what we've "gained".

It seems to me like there's the constant questioning of why the Sox did what they did with the team instead of just accepting the fact they needed a new approach. Only Sox fans seem to be accepting KW's response; wheras everyone else seems to be feeling the vibe the Cubs are better off without Sosa than with him.

This explains a lot about what the casual media types know about White Sox baseball. Clearly they do not do their homework on all 30 teams and cut corners whenever they can. Thankfully the games will be played on the field....

Jerome
02-21-2005, 08:51 PM
- Maggs and Lee are great players but we didn't win with them. The power lineup just didn't work.

I think the reason it didn't work is that we could just never get a consistent leadoff man or get all the clutch hits. The way some people are talking around here is that HRs are a bad thing. If we had someone, say the 2003 version of Podsednik leading off for us last year, we'd have an unstoppable team. (remember how amazing this team was in June of 2004 when both Willie and Uribe were tearing it up at the 1 and 2 spots in the order?)

I hope this offense can get on base more and be more balanced, but I still want to see lots of home runs. Who doesn't?

SoxxoS
02-21-2005, 09:00 PM
I think the reason it didn't work is that we could just never get a consistent leadoff man or get all the clutch hits. The way some people are talking around here is that HRs are a bad thing. If we had someone, say the 2003 version of Podsednik leading off for us last year, we'd have an unstoppable team. (remember how amazing this team was in June of 2004 when both Willie and Uribe were tearing it up at the 1 and 2 spots in the order?)

I hope this offense can get on base more and be more balanced, but I still want to see lots of home runs. Who doesn't?

Home runs per se aren't bad things...but inconsistancy is...and power hitters, for the most part, are more prone to slumps and greater inconsistancy. Hence the problem.