PDA

View Full Version : '02 Throwback Jerseys


Chisox_cali
10-27-2001, 12:45 AM
If the Sox do the whole Sunday Throwback Jersey day which jersey would you want to see. I would say the early 80's Red White Blue uni's with the BIG SOX across the front. Thoughts??

FarWestChicago
10-27-2001, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
If the Sox do the whole Sunday Throwback Jersey day which jersey would you want to see. I would say the early 80's Red White Blue uni's with the BIG SOX across the front. Thoughts?? LOL, CC. For some of us, the early 80's aren't a throwback. It seems just like yesterday. Just like Oscar Gamble's Fro.

voodoochile
10-27-2001, 12:51 AM
I've got about 10 caps from those unis in my closet. One a season for years... I guess I am getting old if those are throwbacks. I think this year they did it because of the 100 anniversery thing and the "It's Time" slogan they were pushing... I don't know if it will continue, but like Daver, what the hell do I know...

FarWestChicago
10-27-2001, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
what the hell do I know... Uh oh, here come Daver's lawyers agian. :)

Daver
10-27-2001, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
LOL, CC. For some of us, the early 80's aren't a throwback. It seems just like yesterday. Just like Oscar Gamble's Fro.

I can still picture the Bull in that uniform,memories of watching him bounce balls off the roof in BP.

FarWestChicago
10-27-2001, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by daver


I can still picture the Bull in that uniform,memories of watching him bounce balls off the roof in BP. And the bat on his shoulder in the '83 playoffs...sigh...

Daver
10-27-2001, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Uh oh, here come Daver's lawyers agian. :)

I hate lawyers,the next pair of boots I buy will be lawyer skin.

DVG
10-27-2001, 07:00 AM
The early '80s block SOX uni? Bllllleeeeecccchhhh!!! What
butt-ugly uniforms those were! I say they are best left
consigned to the dustbin of Sox history, along with Ribbie,
Roobarb and "The Hawk Wants You!"

Pete Ward
10-27-2001, 08:19 AM
How about the early 70's uni.

Chuck Tanner came over, Richie Dick Allen.

White with red pin stripes, I believe the hat was Red with white lettering.

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by DVG
The early '80s block SOX uni? Bllllleeeeecccchhhh!!! What
butt-ugly uniforms those were! I say they are best left
consigned to the dustbin of Sox history, along with Ribbie,
Roobarb and "The Hawk Wants You!"

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/OldComiskey/embarass11.jpg
I do!

CerberusWG
10-27-2001, 12:08 PM
Just for complete humor purposes, how about those uniforms wheer the Sox actually wore shorts. I wouldn't imagine anyone going to the games now.

oldcomiskey
10-27-2001, 02:47 PM
Wilbur Wood was ugly enough--can you imagine Boomer

duke of dorwood
10-27-2001, 11:36 PM
I like the red pin stripes too. Also, Jm that "Hawk wants you"
ptogram cover is great. I remember it well. Somewhere I have a picture of the news conference the Hawkeroo axed LaRussa

PaleHoseGeorge
10-28-2001, 12:09 AM
A friend of mine living in Minneapolis (who grew up in N.J. and remains a Yankees fan, BTW), was telling me about the folks up there going crazy last spring after the Twinks swept the Sox for the second time. They were laughing at those 1917 throwbacks, especially since it was yet another reminder of how pathetic our team has been through the previous century.

I admit, they have a point. I vote for the Sox wearing their standard uniforms next season. No more looking like clowns--at least for a while.

Jerry_Manuel
10-28-2001, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I admit, they have a point. I vote for the Sox wearing their standard uniforms next season. No more looking like clowns--at least for a while.

Shouldn't it be dressing like clowns?
We know the Sox brass will look like clowns.

ihatethecubs
10-28-2001, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
A friend of mine living in Minneapolis (who grew up in N.J. and remains a Yankees fan, BTW), was telling me about the folks up there going crazy last spring after the Twinks swept the Sox for the second time. They were laughing at those 1917 throwbacks, especially since it was yet another reminder of how pathetic our team has been through the previous century.

I admit, they have a point. I vote for the Sox wearing their standard uniforms next season. No more looking like clowns--at least for a while.

what a bunch of idiots. they get off to a good start and get all cocky all of a sudden. i remember i was at a few sox and twins games this year and they had fans at comiskey. where were these people in 1999? i think the twins have gay uniforms and a gay team name and a really gay park so they should shut the hell up. i wish they would leave with the expos and marlins.

Nellie_Fox
10-29-2001, 01:07 AM
Every uni between the red pinstripes and the current one was the pits. First there was the Mary Frances Veeck designed pajamas with the floppy collars (those had the shorts as an option, only worn two or three times I think.) Then the softball uni that is the subject of this thread, followed by what I call the generic uniform. It looked like someone called a uniform supplier and said "I have a team called the White Sox. Ship us some uniforms." It had the boring, underlined, script "White Sox" and the Einhorn e on the cap (I know it was a script C, but it looked a lot like a lower case e.)

I like the 1917 World Series uni. If they are going to continue a different Sunday uni and they want to change, I'd vote for the '59 or the early 70's Dick Allen red pinstripes.