PDA

View Full Version : Interesting stat

voodoochile
10-27-2001, 12:32 AM
I took the time to do some research and put together a spreadsheet of the flubs and Sox records since the season the flubbies last won the pennant (1945). Here is the info:

I did this on an excel spreadsheet, so I may have a few errors.

Flubbies: 4196-4761 .468 565 games under .500
Sox: 4531-4422 .506 109 games over .500

I thought you all would appreciate the results...

FarWestChicago
10-27-2001, 12:36 AM
We may not have won any titles in a long time. But, the Sox usually field a real baseball team. Anybody who doesn't know the Flubs usually don't is ignorant.

Daver
10-27-2001, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
We may not have won any titles in a long time. But, the Sox usually field a real baseball team. Anybody who doesn't know the Flubs usually don't is ignorant.

I know the Sox are better than the Cubs,but that doesn't really change my ignorant standing.

But then again what the hell do I know?

FarWestChicago
10-27-2001, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by daver

I know the Sox are better than the Cubs,but that doesn't really change my ignorant standing.LOL!!

voodoochile
10-27-2001, 12:48 AM
Interestingly enough, I decided to do it when some maniacal flubbie fan called me on my statement that the flubs hadn't strung together back 2 back winning seasons in over 30 years. I was wrong. They last did it in 71 - 72. So it had only been 29 seasons... He called it "blatently wrong and ignorant"... Ooops... I guess I got under his skin... sucks to be them...

FarWestChicago
10-27-2001, 12:52 AM
Jesus, the Flubs are almost always horrific. That's why the losers from '69 are so celebrated. They weren't atrocious. Where do these guys come up with this stuff?

Bmr31
10-27-2001, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I took the time to do some research and put together a spreadsheet of the flubs and Sox records since the season the flubbies last won the pennant (1945). Here is the info:

I did this on an excel spreadsheet, so I may have a few errors.

Flubbies: 4196-4761 .468 565 games under .500
Sox: 4531-4422 .506 109 games over .500

I thought you all would appreciate the results...

I dont mean to burst any bubbles, but comparing ourselves to the most pathetic franchise in sports history, doesnt make me feel all warm inside. we need to win it all!!!

voodoochile
10-27-2001, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31

I dont mean to burst any bubbles, but comparing ourselves to the most pathetic franchise in sports history, doesnt make me feel all warm inside. we need to win it all!!!

I agree 100%. Nothing short of a championship will suffice. As I said earlier, I prepared the numbers for a post on the troll board in an argument with an indignent flubbie poster. I merely shared them over here because I knew some people would be interested and it did take me almost an hour to do the work, so I figured it should be shared by as many as possible.

Anyone know where to get these kind of stats in a hurry?

Bmr31
10-27-2001, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I agree 100%. Nothing short of a championship will suffice. As I said earlier, I prepared the numbers for a post on the troll board in an argument with an indignent flubbie poster. I merely shared them over here because I knew some people would be interested and it did take me almost an hour to do the work, so I figured it should be shared by as many as possible.

No i appreciated the stats, i just refuse to even consider the cubs in any way at all. They are not our competition, and besides that they suck! :)

WinningUgly!
10-27-2001, 01:37 AM

Yep, I just read them when you post them. Only took me a few seconds! :)