PDA

View Full Version : Cubs whining and crying already

The Wimperoo
02-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Mike Kiley and his flaming turd articles are out in full force.

Michael Barrett=:whiner:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-cub20.html

MOD EDIT: Please don't copy and paste entire articles in posts. It is a violation of copyright laws. Thanks. :smile:

SOXintheBURGH
02-21-2005, 12:57 PM
What a douche.

samram
02-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Frankly, I'm happy he has that attitude. Last year they thought they were better than everyone else and had a notion of entitlement throughout the season- it led to their downfall. Hopefully, they will have the same attitude and the same fate awaits them, although I would be happier if they lost 95 games. There's definitely no better way to prove you're the better team than by saying so five days into spring training.

Whitesox029
02-21-2005, 01:09 PM
I read about half of that before I realized the article in its entirety consisted of Barrett whining and talking trash. What kind of journalism is this? Who wants to read about this? This is absolutely ridiculous.

DumpJerry
02-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Looks like bulletin board material in the Astros' clubhouse to me.:D:

Fredsox
02-21-2005, 01:43 PM
I thought the Cubs got rid of all their bad attitudes in the off-season. Makes you wonder what the definition of a bad attitude is on the North Side. Perhaps its ok to be a whiney little complainer instead of taking responsibility for the fabulous choke-job at the tail end of last season. Why is he worried about what the Astros did last year anyway? What a putz.

santo=dorf
02-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Why is he worried about what the Astros did last year anyway? What a putz.

Astros players should send thank you cards to Barrett everyday for motivating them throughout the month of September. Look at the Astros record after the Barrett :whiner: about Roy Oswalt incident.

zach074
02-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Does this really surprise anyone?

DumpJerry
02-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Does this really surprise anyone?
Yes. I am expecting worse. The best is yet to come?

HebrewHammer
02-21-2005, 03:06 PM
And they were concerned that they would lose production once Sosa and Alou left. Spring training games haven't even started yet and Barrett is already in midseason form. :whiner:

Chisox003
02-21-2005, 03:25 PM
:moron
"Now in the shadows of the Yankee/Red Sox bickering, the Cubs call on future perennial all star and future Cooperstown bound stud - - catcher Michael Barrett, to light a renewed fire under an absolutely relentless Astros/Cubs rivalry, stating "We were better than them, we just went through tough times last year." Too bad the Southsiders don't have a rivalry like the one developing in the NL Central. In other news, I am a complete Jackass."

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

JUribe1989
02-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Wow Michael Fluke I don't see how you were better last year when the Astros beat you without Andy Pettite. Wait, they didn't just beat you at the end of August. THEY KILLED YOU!!

ChiSoxRowand
02-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Wow Michael Fluke I don't see how you were better last year when the Astros beat you without Andy Pettite. Wait, they didn't just beat you at the end of August. THEY KILLED YOU!!

They didn't have Wade Miller or Adam Everett either. All of those guys missed most of the year.

SoxSpeed22
02-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Wow Michael Fluke I don't see how you were better last year when the Astros beat you without Andy Pettite. Wait, they didn't just beat you at the end of August. THEY KILLED YOU!!It was kinda both, they killed you and you lost to them. Can't beat the Mets and Reds, stay outta the playoffs!

StillMissOzzie
02-21-2005, 06:06 PM
I thought the sCrUBS pitching staff had way more hit batters than anyone else last year. Can one of you stat-hounds look into that? It just seemed to me that the sCrUBS were always first to hit a batter, and also first to cry about it when payback time came around.

SMO
:gulp:

wsoxfan
02-21-2005, 06:14 PM
well now that the broadcasters and Scammin' Sammy are gone they need something else to whine and bitch about. If they were so much better than the Astros they wouldn't have finished behind them. They're all duches, starting with the manager who makes excuses for everything that doesn't go their way...

DrCrawdad
02-22-2005, 03:32 AM
I thought the sCrUBS pitching staff had way more hit batters than anyone else last year. Can one of you stat-hounds look into that? It just seemed to me that the sCrUBS were always first to hit a batter, and also first to cry about it when payback time came around.

SMO

IIRC you're right that the Cubbies led baseball in hit batsmen. Typical of that Cubbie team to be moaning all these months later about that incident(s) with the Astros. Seems to me that same type of crap cost distracted their attention last year.

According to the Cubbies, Dusty and Ronnie Santo there are rules for them and then there are the rules for everyone else. For example, I'll never forget Ronny & Dusty Baylor crying about the Sox celebration after the 2003 game the Sox won on a Jose HR. Santo is such a hypocrite. Santo is the same guy who skipped around like a fairy when he won a game.

shoota
02-22-2005, 04:03 AM
I read about half of that before I realized the article in its entirety consisted of Barrett whining and talking trash. What kind of journalism is this? Who wants to read about this? This is absolutely ridiculous.

I came to your same conclusion at about the same time in the article, but had a different reaction. I was glad that the author allowed Barrett to :whiner: for the entire article because he dug himself even deeper into a hole.

Had only a couple Barrett quotes made it into the article, Barrett might be able to deny the meaning later on. Now after this cryfest, there is no denying his opinion. Oswalt and the Astros are going to OWN him this season.

I developed an early distaste for Barrett in his first season with the Cubs. I remember he was knocked down in a collision at the plate and made the out. He then got into the face of the baserunner and put the ball in his face and smiled at him. What a punk. That's showing up the other team and if I was the baserunner making a clean hit, I'd hope my pitcher would have stuck up for me and beaned his ass. Also, it seemed like every Cubbie game after that game showed this Barrett play and his boasting.

Gosox1917
02-22-2005, 11:04 AM

SMO

In the National League the sCrUBS were 2nd in the league in hit batsmen when their pitchers hit 76 last year. This was only behind the Montreal Expos who hit 79 batters.

Interesting side note, the team in all of the majors with the most hit batters was the Tampa Bay Devil Rays as they hit 93 batters last year, followed by Boston, who hit 92.

The Braves were last with only 27 hit batters and your White Sox ranked 26th in the league with our pitchers only hitting 48 batters. Everything you ever wanted to know about hit batters and then some.

ChiSoxRowand
02-22-2005, 12:36 PM
IIRC you're right that the Cubbies led baseball in hit batsmen. Typical of that Cubbie team to be moaning all these months later about that incident(s) with the Astros. Seems to me that same type of crap cost distracted their attention last year.

According to the Cubbies, Dusty and Ronnie Santo there are rules for them and then there are the rules for everyone else. For example, I'll never forget Ronny & Dusty Baylor crying about the Sox celebration after the 2003 game the Sox won on a Jose HR. Santo is such a hypocrite. Santo is the same guy who skipped around like a fairy when he won a game.

Are you talking about the game where jerry Manuel ran out on to the field pumping his fists and Dusty complained about it?

DrCrawdad
02-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Are you talking about the game where jerry Manuel ran out on to the field pumping his fists and Dusty complained about it?

Yes.