PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 2/21/05

Hangar18
02-21-2005, 12:53 PM
The Tribune is trying to Singlehandedly assault the senses with their
wall-to-wall CubCoverage. In todays Cubune, even though the
Cubs have 3 stories to the SOX having only 2, they make up for it,
with 5 color pictures of various Cubs working out etc. There is only
one SOX picture, noticably in the corner and WAY SMALLER than the others.

ALso, Both the Cubune and Cub-Times are stepping up their Yearly
efforts to get the Never-Too-Proud-To-Beg Ron Santo into the hall of fame
With more CubFluff stories about him. Old Ronny moans, groans, and laments the fact that hes not been voted in, and how sad it makes him, boo hooohoo.
The Cubs are for some ridiculous reason, getting themselves in the Media Spotlite again with this Soaking the ball in spaghetti sauce BS.

Cubune:
7 cub stories this weekend
5 sox stories this weekend Cubs Rcvd 5 pics to SOX 1
Cub-Times:
5 cub stories this weekend
5 sox stories this weekend

CUBS 18
SOX 17

Baby Fisk
02-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Seems to be a close coverage race so far, but it's early. Seeing as there's not much genuine Cub news to cover, it must be filler-a-go-go.

santo=dorf
02-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Last night on the WGN sports show the had Dan Roan with Dusty live in Mesa. They spent the first 7 minutes of the show talking up Cubs crap, and even had a Darren Baker visit at the very end of the segment. The next two minutes were spent on the Sox talking how many homers Buehrle gave up last season. :rolleyes:

On Comcast sports net at 10 PM they had a Cubs segment about Barrett, Blanco (yes, they actually wasted their time by interviewing Henry ****ing Blanco,) Dusty talking about how Wood and Prior are healthy this year, and yadda, yadda, yadda. The next piece was much shorter about AJ's supposed clubhouse cancer reputation. It was interesting until the video got ****ed up and they had to cut it short. I guess they made up for it by showing a segment of KW and Ozzie on the golf course.

Baby Fisk
02-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Last night on the WGN sports show the had Dan Roan with Dusty live in Mesa. They spent the first 7 minutes of the show talking up Cubs crap, and even had a Darren Baker visit at the very end of the segment. :rolleyes:

What's the matter with you? Do you hate children or something?! :cool:

santo=dorf
02-21-2005, 01:43 PM
What's the matter with you? Do you hate children or something?! :cool:

Actually I was surprised to see Darren because he usually only shows up when the reporters ask the tough questions and this was pretty much a total fluff piece story.

http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/MLB/56419_Baker090903.JPG

"Has anyone seen my shield...uh I mean, my son?"