PDA

View Full Version : A Thought I Had...

RKMeibalane
10-26-2001, 08:35 PM
Someone told me last week that there are certain Cubs fans who think that White Sox fans are inferior to them... SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY LIKE THE SOX. If that doesn't prove once and for all that Cubs fans are idiots, I don't know what will.

I have no problem with Cubs fans who root for their team and hope that they do well. I do, however, dislike Cubs fans who feel it necessary to point out just how much they hate the Sox every time they open their mouths. And they wonder why everyone makes fun of them.

I've reached the following conclusion about some (not all) Cubs fans: They deal with chronic feelings of insecurity because that team of theirs will never win a World Series again. Therefore, they try to hide the fact that they don't feel confident about their own team by pointing out every little thing that the Sox do wrong. For example, when Frank Thomas was complaining about his contract, Cubs fans opened their mouths and criticized him. Granted, Thomas' attitude this spring just sucked, but what Cubs fans forget is that Sosa whined about his contract all of last season, and he was suject to constant trade rumors.

Every damn night on ESPN, it was the same thing. Will Sosa be traded? Are the Yankees going to get him? What about Boston?

I find interesting that they conveniently forget what happned last year, yet they won't stop talking about any problems the Sox have. Is it really so hard for them to just focus on their own team? Good grief!

Bmr31
10-26-2001, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Someone told me last week that there are certain Cubs fans who think that White Sox fans are inferior to them... SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY LIKE THE SOX. If that doesn't prove once and for all that Cubs fans are idiots, I don't know what will.

I have no problem with Cubs fans who root for their team and hope that they do well. I do, however, dislike Cubs fans who feel it necessary to point out just how much they hate the Sox every time they open their mouths. And they wonder why everyone makes fun of them.

I've reached the following conclusion about some (not all) Cubs fans: They deal with chronic feelings of insecurity because that team of theirs will never win a World Series again. Therefore, they try to hide the fact that they don't feel confident about their own team by pointing out every little thing that the Sox do wrong. For example, when Frank Thomas was complaining about his contract, Cubs fans opened their mouths and criticized him. Granted, Thomas' attitude this spring just sucked, but what Cubs fans forget is that Sosa whined about his contract all of last season, and he was suject to constant trade rumors.

Every damn night on ESPN, it was the same thing. Will Sosa be traded? Are the Yankees going to get him? What about Boston?

I find interesting that they conveniently forget what happned last year, yet they won't stop talking about any problems the Sox have. Is it really so hard for them to just focus on their own team? Good grief!

thanks, Dr. Freud..... :)