PDA

View Full Version : Important questions for important people

DumpJerry
02-21-2005, 12:59 AM
Ok, I have some questions that need to be answered by important people.

1. Chicago Cubune: When the WHITE Sox win the World Series in 2005, what will be the headline the next day?
a. National League loses another World Series
b. Team that traded Sammy Sosa wins World Series
c. White Sox win another game. But season ends
d. Bears prepare for Sunday's showdown, Bulls looking forward to season opener.
e. All of the above.

2. Brooks: If the Sox win the World Series at home, will the team:
a. Inform the television people and MLB that the trophy ceremony is to occur on the field and not the clubhouse so that the true believers in the crowd and cheer it on!
b. Have the scoreboard guy "blow the inventory" of fireworks.
c. Convince Uncle Jerry to buy a round for all in attendance who is 21 and over.
d. All of the above.

3. Cortez Trotter, Chicago Fire Commissioner: When do the air raid sirens sound?
a. When the Sox clinch the AL Central.
b. When the Sox win the ALCS.
c. When the Sox win the World Series.
d. When the Flubs lose number 100 on August 20th
e. All of the above.

4. Homefish: When will you say something positive about the Sox?
a. When they win the World Series in four games.
b. When all 5 starters win 20 games this season
c. When the Sox win number 100 on Sept. 4th
d. Never.

Just askin...................:D:

Feel free to add your suggestions.

kittle545feet
02-21-2005, 01:22 AM
I have been thinking about how I have done a complete 180 on this team. I really questioned the moves early and what direction this team was going but I have seen the light. I don't know what it is, but I have a different feeling about the upcoming season. A feeling I have not had since '94. Something really grabs me about this team and I am more psyched for this season than any other in recent memory. There is just a feeling I can't quite put my finger on but I think this is the year where we take that leap from just a contending team to an AL pain in the butt of the opposition. I see a lot of teams not wanting to play us because of our "small ball" abilities. Maybe I am sippin' too much Chi-Sox Kool-Aide, but it is a nice feeling to have. How about a return to the Go GO Sox! :luis&nell

TheBull19
02-21-2005, 12:06 PM

Wow, you consider Homefish an important person?!

Jabroni
02-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Wow, you consider Homefish an important person?!I was shocked by that as well. HomeFish's problem is that he spends entirely too much time worrying about and worshipping the Flubs.

DumpJerry
02-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I feel that everyone here is an important person. It would also be an interesting challenge to Homefish.:smile:

I should add to the Cubune question if the headline will read: "Sox Scrape by to Win World Series with Four Victories. Story on Page 5"

soxstarter
02-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Boy do I want to be there for those fireworks! You go D.J.!!!:supernana: :dtroll: :party: :dinger :threadrules:

koch44
02-22-2005, 11:34 PM
a. Inform the television people and MLB that the trophy ceremony is to occur on the field and not the clubhouse so that the true believers in the crowd and cheer it on!
c. Convince Uncle Jerry to buy a round for all in attendance who is 21 and over.
d. All of the above.

Why don't you just email him?

Ol' No. 2
02-23-2005, 10:13 AM

1. Chicago Cubune: When the WHITE Sox win the World Series in 2005, what will be the headline the next day?
a. National League loses another World Series
b. Team that traded Sammy Sosa wins World Series
c. White Sox win another game. But season ends
d. Bears prepare for Sunday's showdown, Bulls looking forward to season opener.
e. All of the above.

d. All of the above.

3. Cortez Trotter, Chicago Fire Commissioner: When do the air raid sirens sound?
e. All of the above.

a. When they win the World Series in four games.
b. When all 5 starters win 20 games this season
c. When the Sox win number 100 on Sept. 4th
d. Never.

Just askin...................:D:

Feel free to add your suggestions.The day after the Sox win the WS the headline in the Cubune will read:

Prior: Arm will be fine for 2006

LVSoxFan
02-23-2005, 10:51 AM
LOL.

What I think would be most interesting is all the bandwagon-jumpers if the Sox were to steam into the playoffs. My Cub fan co-workers, neighbors and literally everybody else where I live (in enemy territory) have always suggested that Sox fans are fair-weather because we don't sell out.

Which I counter by pointing out that we don't support--and therefore perpetuate--mediocrity. If the Sox ain't gettin' it done, we're not going to pay to see it. I also constantly refer to last year's riotous Soxfest meeting where everybody socked it to KW.

Contrast that with the "lovable loser" crap that's kept the team afloat for decades on the North side. Yeah, as it turned out two years ago, they coulda been a contendah. The irony is that once that happened, now getting tickets to the games is damn near impossible--now everybody and their cousin wants to go see the Cubbies do it this year... this really is the year, we swear!

How I'd love to see a big, fat, third-place finish for the Flubs--entirely possible when you've got now-pissed-off St. Louis and Houston itching to avenge last year. After choking two years in a row--the first being probably the greatest choke in Chicago sports history--Cubbie fans are going to be on thin ice making any claims that The Curse is in imminent danger of falling.

Here's a dream scenario: now that Boston's broken the curse, the team in Chicago to follow them isn't the Flubs, but the Sox. I remember reading in Maxim about how now that the BoSox have done it, there's one team left: the Cubs. Idiots. Typical out-of-town ignorance about this city.

na_na_na_na
02-23-2005, 11:04 AM
The only sox curse are the guys who own the team.

A curse is an excuse for losers.

Cubune headline:

BREAKING THE CURSE IN 2006: CUB FANS GATHER TO BURN THE EXCREMENT OF BARTMAN BALL.

Baby Fisk
02-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Contrast that with the "lovable loser" crap that's kept the
Here's a dream scenario: now that Boston's broken the curse, the team in Chicago to follow them isn't the Flubs, but the Sox. I remember reading in Maxim about how now that the BoSox have done it, there's one team left: the Cubs. Idiots. Typical out-of-town ignorance about this city.

But that's also because Sox fans don't subscribe to stupid notions about curses. It's hard for them to make anything out of a White Sox curse when we won't play along. Cub fans, however, are a marketer's dream... (anyone for spaghetti?)

Uncle_Patrick
02-23-2005, 11:28 AM

I think we all know what the Cubune's headline will be that day:

DROUGHT CONTINUES: CUB FANS WAIT ANOTHER YEAR

(btw, this does not matter what place the Cubs come in).

Clembasbal
02-23-2005, 12:51 PM
e. All of the above.

If the Cubs lose their 100th game by August 20th, they will be worse than the 2003 Tigers. That is a hellofalot of loses. That will make me happy!

DumpJerry
02-23-2005, 02:27 PM
If the Cubs lose their 100th game by August 20th, they will be worse than the 2003 Tigers. That is a hellofalot of loses. That will make me happy!
I know. That's why I picked that date. I was thinking of late July, but was not sure if they would have had 100 games under the belt yet. I hope it pissed off some troll Flub fans, but 100 is a pretty big number, they might not comprehend how big it really is..........
BTW, I loved the headline about Prior saying his arm is fine for '06!